COVID-19: Retrenchments

Albeniz

4 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

Onli in Singapore do you see us shitizens relegated to being 2nd or 3rd classs citizens...[:(]

Anyway good luck to the whistleblower..I think he or she can kiss his/her job goodbye liao after this baotoh...in the name of righteousness...at the expense of the ricebowl..I think this will discourage more pple to step forward to report such atrocities and unjust treatment.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

Oonly suspension 6 months? They should add a condition that HR Direct and mgr must be replaced before they can hire fake talents again. More effective deterrence. Again MCF here has a lot more better policy ideas. 

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Onli in Singapore do you see us shitizens relegated to being 2nd or 3rd classs citizens...[:(]

Anyway good luck to the whistleblower..I think he or she can kiss his/her job goodbye liao after this baotoh...in the name of righteousness...at the expense of the ricebowl..I think this will discourage more pple to step forward to report such atrocities and unjust treatment.

The article says that ''Trade and Industry Development minister Chan Chun Sing has said that Singapore will continue to bring in foreign talents “in a calibrated manner” so as to help create more opportunities for Singaporeans.'' Looks like FTs continue to be highly welcome here. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Kyrios said:

On 10/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, ToyotaShuttle said:

NTUC chief should rightfully be separate from PAP in the first place.

How can you represent labor rights if you are part of the govt? In that case, are you sure you aren't representing the government?

NTUC is created by SG govt to "represent" labour after the labour unions (who organized strikes etc) were all K.O

Edited by t0y0ta
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Kyrios said:

that is the whole purpose , the six months is imposed such that six months later the company  can proceed to hire foreign talents again.

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, Kyrios said:

not really,  there're institutions/companies that value such integrity.

i know of some offshore companies that has representative office here, the MD would value such forthright character.

million dollars investment need honest employees to safeguard 

Edited by Staff69

10 hours ago, Staff69 said:

not really,  there're institutions/companies that value such integrity.

i know of some offshore companies that has representative office here, the MD would value such forthright character.

million dollars investment need honest employees to safeguard 

Few bro, not many.

I know because if that's the case, I should be at least a CEO by now given my character.

Unfortunately, this is not how the ball game is played especially in the private sector where there are tons of foreigners.

Honesty didn't get me very far in the corporate ladder.

• Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Few bro, not many.

I know because if that's the case, I should be at least a CEO by now given my character.

Unfortunately, this is not how the ball game is played especially in the private sector where there are tons of foreigners.

There're still that values integrity.

Just have to keep trying.

Screenshot_20201024-114710_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6ceaa63273bdd1b5e95914dfb867558.jpg

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Few bro, not many.

Yup, in fact I would add that with or without foreigners, thats not how its played.    With foreigners of course even more complications, naturally.  This is not to blame anyone or anything, but be really cognizant.

Otherwise, i would not be jobless today😅

On 10/24/2020 at 1:19 PM, Throttle2 said:

Yup, in fact I would add that with or without foreigners, thats not how its played.    With foreigners of course even more complications, naturally.  This is not to blame anyone or anything, but be really cognizant.

Otherwise, i would not be jobless today😅

Fair enough.

At the end of the day, I see more people moving into senior positions not by being honest or hands on.

If not, we wouldn't end up with senior people not knowing what to do when things go south.

I did keep an honest and good team going for some time but it comes from the top.

How many times you see an honest and hands on person on the top?

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Fair enough.

At the end of the day, I see more people moving into senior positions not by being honest or hands on.

If not, we wouldn't end up with senior people not knowing what to do when things go south.

I did keep an honest and good team going for some time but it comes from the top.

None....muayhahahah

but to be fair, at the top cannot be hands on.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Fair enough.

Career is temporary. Relationship is forever. Always maintain a high integrity and fairness when dealing with anyone even if it means you need to set yourself back.

I would happily give up any top position if I have to be dishonest to get to there.  In anycase, I would have left that company if it has such a culture.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 5

Guys, anyone of you have been taking any of the SGUnited Skillfutures program? The one that takes 6-9 months but do pay  out some monthly allowance?

If you do, please share your experience as it will greatly help anyone here who is jobless or retrenched with some options.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1