COVID-19: Retrenchments

Albeniz

1 hour ago, Icedbs said:

Career is temporary. Relationship is forever. Always maintain a high integrity and fairness when dealing with anyone even if it means you need to set yourself back.

I would happily give up any top position if I have to be dishonest to get to there.  In anycase, I would have left that company if it has such a culture.

Well, I'm not CEO, quite far from it :grin:

Any of you folks here ever done enforcement related work like AML, CAD, Audit, etc?

You'll know what I mean.

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Guys, anyone of you have been taking any of the SGUnited Skillfutures program? The one that takes 6-9 months but do pay  out some monthly allowance?

If you do, please share your experience as it will greatly help anyone here who is jobless or retrenched with some options.

The one that asked you to attend courses that pay you $1200/mth?

Or the one that pay you $2500/mth to work as a trainee?

On 10/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, Wt_know said:

already put up big big disclaimer .... those tio really .... nothing to say

everyone can be GURU for "education" ... uniquely developed winning formula, step by step process, awesome strategy, etc ... 

but whatever action you take is your problem ... 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The one that asked you to attend courses that pay you $1200/mth?

Or the one that pay you $2500/mth to work as a trainee?

Whichever one is fine. 

If anyone went through any of the above, please share your experience so that people here who are jobless or retrench can consider their options.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I ask one question, is your real networth bigger than mine first?

And if it is, why do you still need to do this?   Not enough meh?  Take these kind of money got retribution one leh....  hee heee.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

None....muayhahahah

but to be fair, at the top cannot be hands on.

Top management has to be visionary and strategic. They will get sucked into the day to day issues if they are hands on . A CEO will be very worried if his top his top management is hands on.😀 and if any, those are likely micro managing.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/ica-officer-daughter-jailed-over-pr-application-bribery

ICA officer, daughter jailed over PR application bribery

An Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) customer service officer and her daughter received bribes totalling $1,500 from a Malaysian woman who wanted her Singapore permanent residence application process to be expedited.

ICA later conducted an audit on Teo's Ciris account and discovered that she had performed multiple unauthorised screenings involving other people.

ST_20201028_BRIBE28_6069910.jpg?itok=y46

tenor.gif

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/ica-officer-daughter-jailed-over-pr-application-bribery

ICA officer, daughter jailed over PR application bribery

An Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) customer service officer and her daughter received bribes totalling $1,500 from a Malaysian woman who wanted her Singapore permanent residence application process to be expedited.

ICA later conducted an audit on Teo's Ciris account and discovered that she had performed multiple unauthorised screenings involving other people.

ST_20201028_BRIBE28_6069910.jpg?itok=y46

tenor.gif

Bro, this one not retrenchment leh.... 🤪

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

9CC40BC2-1F6A-4143-BE8F-13768048F485.jpeg

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-sees-local-jobless-rate-050503298.html

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore expects its local unemployment rate to peak in the second half of this year but remain high in 2021 as the city-state plots a slow recovery from its coronavirus slump.

The jobless rate among citizens and permanent residents hit 4.5% in August, its highest since 2009 during the global financial crisis, the latest data showed. Numbers for the third quarter are due on Friday.

"It (resident unemployment) should edge down from its peak in the latter half of 2020," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said in its semi-annual macroeconomic review released on Wednesday.

The MAS added, however, that the rate could stay elevated next year as employment is expected to expand gradually and may not make up for this year's losses.

Wah say! Now the “gurus” tag team for even more punch

muayhahaha.

eh Enye, you interview me leh. Then i interview Voodooman, then Voodooman interview WtKnow etc....very powerful impact one you know........

just join my Brotherhood, no need $5999 just $300 a month. After 6 mths become lifetime membership. Cheap !!!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-sees-local-jobless-rate-050503298.html

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore expects its local unemployment rate to peak in the second half of this year but remain high in 2021 as the city-state plots a slow recovery from its coronavirus slump.

The jobless rate among citizens and permanent residents hit 4.5% in August, its highest since 2009 during the global financial crisis, the latest data showed. Numbers for the third quarter are due on Friday.

"It (resident unemployment) should edge down from its peak in the latter half of 2020," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said in its semi-annual macroeconomic review released on Wednesday.

The MAS added, however, that the rate could stay elevated next year as employment is expected to expand gradually and may not make up for this year's losses.

Thanks for prolonging the appearance of the photo

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

more useful is the 11000 unemployed.

I sound like @kobayashiGTon the comments about the sky than the a160 

That's a good conversation starter. I am still learning. hahaha. 🤣

32 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

That's a good conversation starter. I am still learning. hahaha. 🤣

thats your get out of jail card when your other half ask, does this make me look fat

your answer is.. 

is that your handphone ringing ?

• Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Bro, this one not retrenchment leh.... 🤪

Where you think some jobs go to when ICA's personal got bribed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7e9YupJQRzeU7AGpig4E

Own village will support own village.