COVID-19: Retrenchments

Albeniz

Supercharged

My friend was let go by Manulife recently.. insurance company also not safe.. haiz..

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

My friend was let go by Manulife recently.. insurance company also not safe.. haiz..

What was his previous position?

1 minute ago, Tkseah said:

Some IT manager level position

Replaced by ceca?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic
On 4/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, Throttle2 said:

Look at me, down and trodden, jobless with no title.  How can i be from RI ?

Thats why i scared .

boss... hwa chong also can

both also don’t have then take mensa test.  if result is top 1% still acceptable.

😅

• Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, Enye said:

boss... hwa chong also can

both also don’t have then take mensa test.  if result is top 1% still acceptable.

😅

My chinese not very good. 

(edited)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jobs-support-scheme-jss-payouts-error-370-million-reopening-date-14581270?cid=emarsys-cna_20210409_0100_CNA+Morning+Brief+Mon+to+Sat+(0740)_newsletter_09042021_cna&sc_customer=e7f4422c-8dbb-463a-8109-73f5c1f1b045&sc_src=email&sc_llid=52567&sc_lid=116136617&sc_uid=ILmjnHBTjW

error of $370mil? Who is paying??

damn ridiculous!

who is paying for the loss of time and effort to get back the money which should not have been given out in the first place.  Who is paying for the sums that cannot be retrieved at the end of the day?  

what a screw up by the ministries! Crappy standard. Fail ! 

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

For local IT service, he had stretched long enough.

For IT project, it could be budget cut.

My previous employer downsized IT service in 2004.

For local IT service, the team of 5 serviced 500 ppl.

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jobs-support-scheme-jss-payouts-error-370-million-reopening-date-14581270?cid=emarsys-cna_20210409_0100_CNA+Morning+Brief+Mon+to+Sat+(0740)_newsletter_09042021_cna&sc_customer=e7f4422c-8dbb-463a-8109-73f5c1f1b045&sc_src=email&sc_llid=52567&sc_lid=116136617&sc_uid=ILmjnHBTjW

error of $370mil? Who is paying??

damn ridiculous!

who is paying for the loss of time and effort to get back the money which should not have been given out in the first place.  Who is paying for the sums that cannot be retrieved at the end of the day?  

what a screw up by the ministries! Crappy standard. Fail ! 

Just one YOG only lah... why so upset is peanuts

• Haha! 2

On 4/9/2021 at 7:46 AM, Tkseah said:

I heard some of the IT staff from Russia.. not sure is it true. 

perhaps he was from a contractor.. 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:48 AM, RadX said:

Replaced by ceca?

I believe we should have a better way of preventing a re introduction of covid.  May be a measure of how the % of increase from the country into Singapore to reduce the risk of rapid reinfection by increasing the quarantine period from destination country to 4 week n source country at 4 weeks as well. 

but definitely not like NZ heavy handed way of risk aversion 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-emirates-introduces-nz-flight-restrictions-days-before-india-travel-ban-starts/QAXINERZFYSLOCMJUCIFGXPB2M/

Edited by Sdf4786k

Turbocharged

Don't be too discouraged over the rough patches in life.

The second picture provides a more realistic description of life.  Would you agree?

career.JPG

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 4/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, Throttle2 said:

Look at me, down and trodden, jobless with no title.  How can i be from RI ?

Thats why i scared .

Must take course to improve IQ first.

It's not we buay sai, is ft too eh sai.

They can work long hours, work weekend/ph, do standby duty, withstand scolding from boss (most of them), fantastic academic qualification, lastly if the ft can't make it, just rinse n wash change another 1... so we sporean very hard to compete.

Nowadays co employ us mostly to meet mom quota requirement, beyond that they would rather employ a ft. which to be frank make sense if u r a business owner but as a true blue sporean worker, i of course loathes such employment practice but this is the real life..

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

It's not we buay sai, is ft too eh sai.

They can work long hours, work weekend/ph, do standby duty, withstand scolding from boss (most of them), fantastic academic qualification, lastly if the ft can't make it, just rinse n wash change another 1... so we sporean very hard to compete.

Nowadays co employ us mostly to meet mom quota requirement, beyond that they would rather employ a ft. which to be frank make sense if u r a business owner but as a true blue sporean worker, i of course loathes such employment practice but this is the real life..

bro your example is more towards FW leh and also low end blue collar FT that work in Engineering fields or Infrastructure/Servicings that need to roll up sleeves and get their hand dirty … work long hours, weekend and shift as you mentioned

but atas FT especially those earning > $5K and above their attitude is sibei ngeow some even more ngeow than sinkies and also many jiak liao bee one hor …

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3