COVID-19: Retrenchments

Albeniz

LKY said the same thing for spore too, right?

that if spore has too many university graduates we got a problem

that's why we build Poly and introduce more technical skill schools

but on the other hand we push for achievement of higher and higher education for "good jobs"

but how many good jobs are available for the entire pool? [sweatdrop] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

@Ct3833 

Firstly, isn't t this school's responsibility.

Secondly, there are avenues for families to obtain tablets and laptops including free SIM cards from schools, RC, PA and etc.

Thirdly, intention may be great but their specifications or software needed may not be appropriate or lacking.

Fourthly, how do we know our donation are going to the needy? There are individuals or families living in 2 or 3 room HDB flats that are more wealthy in both assets and cash than the hundreds of thousands living in condos.

Fifth, my humble suggest is look for a charity organization that you can be comfortable with and work with them. 

In any case, a commendable gesture. Well done.

I will try and see if our editors can find space to publish this kind act. 

30 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

but on the other hand we push for achievement of higher and higher education for "good jobs"

bestest... then we go ceca route... not only importing half baked ones, even sponsoring their students here while telling locals go ite...

problem solved....

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

Errr.. now they only published "employment" rate.. never "Good Employment" rate..

Our MSM oso always talk abt cream of the crop who earn $xx,xxx per month per day per hour.. got don say don have.. I know a ITE dropout at 23 got 4 sports car oredi..

Salary for those that i hired was $2700 10 years back.. 10 years today is $3000.. and we talking abt graduates.. How much standard of living had increase.. don say HDB.. say Macdonald Happy meal can liao.. 

43 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Not talking about retrenchment but job availability for the young graduates.. "Flexible Employment".. same same (but different) from our PHV, GrabFood etc?

Long in my opinion that job created cannot much the education status.. I hire people with honor degree just to do service.. greeting guest, perform membership, counter service.. something wrong tio boh? Likewise these people are non related field of studies.. 

ahhh.... maybe soon see another ceca with China instead so our GLCs can invest in china... and our young can go work there.

Turbocharged
Just now, Playtime said:

ahhh.... maybe soon see another ceca with China instead so our GLCs can invest in china... and our young can go work there.

errr... hard lah.. when I was in NTU i oredi know our standard cannot match theirs liao..

Those who came here to study back them dunno under what scheme are of the brighter one.. I direct entry 2nd year NTU i see my fighting ground i gave up.. at 18 years old they talk abt the universe the stars the moons.. very strong in maths and physics.. I gave up six months later and visit car workshop, fish farm oredi! whahahahaha..

Those who came not the brightest in their country hoh.. so how we fight with them on their home ground? Importantly they are hungry and fighting and fending themselves.. here? 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr.. now they only published "employment" rate.. never "Good Employment" rate..

Our MSM oso always talk abt cream of the crop who earn $xx,xxx per month per day per hour.. got don say don have.. I know a ITE dropout at 23 got 4 sports car oredi..

Salary for those that i hired was $2700 10 years back.. 10 years today is $3000.. and we talking abt graduates.. How much standard of living had increase.. don say HDB.. say Macdonald Happy meal can liao.. 

yeah ... 10-20 years ago ...

if my nephew ask me what direction to go .... it's Uni or nothing

work in MNC ... get contact get knowledge get experience .... start own biz if can

now ... if nephew got ideas to sell things in Lazada/Shopee or do Youtube/IG/TikTok ...

go ahead ... you could be millionaires in no time and driving Lambo! [laugh] 

fk university ... [laugh] ... study until vomit blood for a NUS/NTU degree and compete "who is cheaper" with FT for a job? [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

@Ct3833 

Firstly, isn't t this school's responsibility.

Secondly, there are avenues for families to obtain tablets and laptops including free SIM cards from schools, RC, PA and etc.

Thirdly, intention may be great but their specifications or software needed may not be appropriate or lacking.

Fourthly, how do we know our donation are going to the needy? There are individuals or families living in 2 or 3 room HDB flats that are more wealthy in both assets and cash than the hundreds of thousands living in condos.

Fifth, my humble suggest is look for a charity organization that you can be comfortable with and work with them. 

In any case, a commendable gesture. Well done.

I will try and see if our editors can find space to publish this kind act. 

Thanks for pointing these out. My friends are mostly in the IT industry for a long time,  I trust that spec and functionality are taken care. And yes, we went through a charity organization because  we don't know who genuinely need help. Nothing is of absolute  certainty,   my take is 80/20, do it if we feel it is the right and good thing to do.

Edited by Ct3833

41 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

Not enough high end job still give ceca wor

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Many Singaporeans s are already working in China. No need ceca. And increasingly the main landers don't want to work here. 

• Shocked 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yeah ... 10-20 years ago ...

if my nephew ask me what direction to go .... it's Uni or nothing

work in MNC ... get contact get knowledge get experience .... start own biz if can

now ... if nephew got ideas to sell things in Lazada/Shopee or do Youtube/IG/TikTok ...

go ahead ... you could be millionaires in no time! [laugh] 

fk university ... [laugh] ... study until vomit blood for a NUS/NTU degree and compete "who is cheaper" with FT for a job? [sly] 

Right, nowadays you take a small stone and throw into a crowd, 90% you will hit someone with a degree. 

Learn a skill better.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

fk university ... [laugh] ... study until vomit blood for a NUS/NTU degree and compete with FT for a new poor $5K job? [sly] 

Got $5k as starting pay steal laugh liao loh.. 

Everyday i see zombie in my area as the job not challenging for these "bright" people.. inside them been "screaming".. I wanna get out.. but can they? at $3000, few moonlight, or should i say part time as GrabFood/Panda to supplement their income.. they said few hours can get abt $60/$70.

• Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Got $5k as starting pay steal laugh liao loh.. 

Everyday i see zombie in my area as the job not challenging for these "bright" people.. inside them been "screaming".. I wanna get out.. but can they? at $3000, few moonlight, or should i say part time as GrabFood/Panda to supplement their income.. they said few hours can get abt $60/$70.

of course $5K is not starting pay la but when one reaches $5K level ... a psychological level of "new poor"

there comes FT into the job pie

pie is getting smaller and smaller ... but ... more and more people eat the pie

2021-07-20_104313.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Right, nowadays you take a small stone and throw into a crowd, 90% you will hit someone with a degree. 

Learn a skill better.

What's the reward if I could identify the 10% in the crowd and have a hit rate of 90% on those without a degree with the stone? 

The point behind my question cums later...😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
57 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

What's the reward if I could identify the 10% in the crowd and have a hit rate of 90% on those without a degree with the stone? 

The point behind my question cums later...😁

Na bei….haha.

The reward is I give you a treat at KTV.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Na bei….haha.

The reward is I give you a treat at KTV.

My knees not strong enuf for the ah lian thorns hor...😁

mai-la.png

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

of course $5K is not starting pay la but when one reaches $5K level ... a psychological level of "new poor"

there comes FT into the job pie

pie is getting smaller and smaller ... but ... more and more people eat the pie

2021-07-20_104313.jpg

Long ago, i already said $5k pm is the poor of today.    

Its time that i change my statement .  
$10k per mth is the new poor liao….. 

sigh…. Hard life for us , Singaporeans.   

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1