George Floyd protests in Minneapolis, USA

Yewheng

4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

India also try to attract back their ppl but still cannot stop the country from having brain drain

china at least offer better package somehow

There is notion of PRC returnee more qualified.  That's why better package.

↡ Advertisement

51 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

India also try to attract back their ppl but still cannot stop the country from having brain drain

May i know what is the use of exporting a country of talented ppl to Silicon valley ( to help other business expansion and trade opportunity ) while India can't even be a better place to create job on it own, thy may be good at stealing others job in another country. Show you can do bester on your own home ground. then i say you are there on your own.

59 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Indians all want to go to the West lah. Their best are in fortune 500 companies but in India, the opportunities are very limited. Why go back.

We have third generation Chinese Singaporeans who are fervently pro PRC. Most of these US returnees are first or second generation.  The pull of the motherland and the opportunities in China are aplenty. 😅

16 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Indians all want to go to the West lah. Their best are in fortune 500 companies but in India, the opportunities are very limited. Why go back.

We have third generation Chinese Singaporeans who are fervently pro PRC. Most of these US returnees are first or second generation.  The pull of the motherland and the opportunities in China are aplenty. 😅

There are a lot of govt money in development of native technology.

Try iflytek.

CCP is very good in selling ethnicity sentiment.  

• Praise 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

There are a lot of govt money in development of native technology.

Try iflytek.

CCP is very good in selling ethnicity sentiment.  

Yes, they are going to pour more money into 5G, chip making, new tech, etc and US is pushing all these talents back to China as well.   Good job Donald Trump. 

I read they are ahead in AI.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, they are going to pour more money into 5G, chip making, new tech, etc and US is pushing all these talents back to China as well.   Good job Donald Trump. 

Now huawei developing 6G

america still 无G

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

May i know what is the use of exporting a country of talented ppl to Silicon valley ( to help other business expansion and trade opportunity ) while India can't even be a better place to create job on it own, thy may be good at stealing others job in another country. Show you can do bester on your own home ground. then i say you are there on your own.

Its the people itself that prefer to go silicon valley than stay in india with less pay and career prospect. This is why its called american dream

47 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

With/without DT, these ppl will go back to PRC sooner or later.

China has Thousand Talent Plan for some time already.

In term of chip making, TSMC should be on top.

This is the biggest difference btw China and India.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

China don't goes round threatening countries with trades embargo/sanction...... [:|]

See what CIA had been doing for decades throughout the world.

Most recently in Venezuela where 6 merceneries from US attempted to over throw the PM but were caught and many killed. In HK protest, many ang moh's among the crowds deem to be agents

Sure, when missions failed, one can always denied any involvement.

But anyway, we only heard from one side of the storey (Venezuela) but video evidents in HK protests where ang moh's among them. :darkmood:   

dont think its true china dont use trade as a weapon.

in the open, japan, korea, canada, australia are just some countries that had been subjected to it. behind the scenes, we dont know who else.

sri lanka... lost a port... kinda like they're own hong kong situation 

singapore terrex saga ... its up to individual whether its "accidental". 

during the height of the SCS dispute, i read that financial transactions were being diverted out of singapore... in fact OBOR was (still is?)  seen as a potential  weapon to bypass singapore unless we "respect the feelings" of 1.4B people and make the "right" decisions.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I wus say perhaps their home country is not ready to support them.

Why would they slog at home for say $600 a month when they could get maybe $3000 in another country?

At least this is what the Malaysians at my place are thinking...

1 minute ago, Playtime said:

dont think its true china dont use trade as a weapon.

in the open, japann (electronic goods & cars), korea (cell phones), canada (wheats & Huawei CEO), australia (Barley & COVID-19) are just some countries that had been subjected to it. behind the scenes, we dont know who else.

sri lanka... lost a port... kinda like they're own hong kong situation 

singapore terrex saga ... its up to individual whether its "accidental". 

during the height of the SCS dispute, i read that financial transactions were being diverted out of singapore... in fact OBOR was (still is?)  seen as a potential  weapon to bypass singapore unless we "respect the feelings" of 1.4B people and make the "right" decisions.

This countries sided with US and increase tariff or finding faults with China.

Like recently, China increase tariff on Australia barley imports and now Australia kpkb because Aussie sided US in blaming China for COVID-19 

For Terrex issued, why the shipping company landed in HK port which belong to China and not direct shipment to SG ? Only SAF knows. 

When comes to any countries knowledge that 'war' machine were passing through their port without prior approval, they have the right to know or seized it.

Sri Lanka doesn't lost a port. They are run down and unable to maintain it or complete with others ports around them. So let China runs & control it. Our PSA wanted to help but they chose China for better money power.     

That's what I have read from internets and my 2 cents worth of knowledge.....  :wut:

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

It's true that XJP is cleaning up the corruption scene in China. 

Many of my deceased FIL's former colleagues and subordinates have been arrested.

You might still find low level kopi money thing happening but the upper levels are more discrete about what they do nowadays.

I can't  say for the majority of the mainlanders but for those that I know,  they are happy with their present situation. 

There's no doubt that they are catching corrupt individuals. But are these invididuals across the entire spectrum? Or just on the opposing team?

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 minute ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

There's no doubt that they are catching corrupt individuals. But are these invididuals across the entire spectrum? Or just on the opposing team?

Wah.... That one I don't know liow lor ... But then I have not read about China having opposition parties in the govt...I thought it's one party controlled by one man only?

1 minute ago, Ysc3 said:

Wah.... That one I don't know liow lor ... But then I have not read about China having opposition parties in the govt...I thought it's one party controlled by one man only?

One CCP but there are different factions. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Looks like a scene from robocop

Poor cars... 

If the keys were in the cars then it would not have ended up this way.... But instead in the good care of the new "owner"

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1