Labour of love

Mockngbrd

The place looks like the Kaki Bukit Inspection center?

The previous owner cant get it homologated and thus couldnt register it? What a waste if that's the case. I think at that time this was a very underrated performance sedan. I only saw it on Topgear.

4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

A sweetener... he saved 20k pounds for yet a next car

Dont think he save much given having to ship the car back to UK is not cheap. Plus he has to spend on parts, tires and a paint job.

13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The place looks like the Kaki Bukit Inspection center?

The previous owner cant get it homologated and thus couldnt register it? What a waste if that's the case. I think at that time this was a very underrated performance sedan. I only saw it on Topgear.

It's been there forever.

Turbocharged

This car probably shares some roots with the Opel Omega, which was sold with a 2 litre engine in S'pore in the 90s?

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

It's been there forever.

I think the "owner" is none other than the Opel dealership as their associated paint/body workshop is just above the Inspection center.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think the "owner" is none other than the Opel dealership as their associated paint/body workshop is just above the Inspection center.

Don't think so. If you roll back the clock, Opel would be under eurokars. Doubt he would let his cars rot. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Don't think so. If you roll back the clock, Opel would be under eurokars. Doubt he would let his cars rot. 

But then cars back in the 90s the COE is in the 60K region and road tax is as high as the engine capacity in CC. You have to think 60K back in the 90s is more substantial than now.

Ppl back then can mostly afford a 1.6L Japanese car. Those who can afford bigger cars will likely choose Merc. This car just dont stand a chance here. 

Edited by Watwheels

Twincharged
21 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Nope,in the 90's still under ST Auto,EuroKars only took over in 2005 after Rover went Bust.

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

Nope,in the 90's still under ST Auto,EuroKars only took over in 2005 after Rover went Bust.

Hmm ok. 90s I still playing masak. 

6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

But then cars back in the 90s the COE is in the 60K region and road tax is as high as the engine capacity in CC. You have to think 60K back in the 90s is more substantial than now.

Ppl back then can mostly afford a 1.6L Japanese car. Those who can afford bigger cars will likely choose Merc. This car just dont stand a chance here. 

I think there is no doubt that the car was a used import. I saw the car physically at KB in 2015 (see my above post), it was definitely not new, and it had UK plates on the rear. 

Oh btw, the COE exceeded $100k back in 1994.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Then it must be ST Engineering in the 90s.

Come to think of it I got the chance to drive the Opel GP car during NS in the late 90s. Disappointing drive despite it being a "conti".

Edited by Watwheels

On 5/30/2020 at 11:45 AM, ER-3682 said:

This is the proof ! Note the 7 digital phone number.

34AEC8C7-AAA4-4965-AD19-92E031694917_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.46f73e893140069a23bcac18a7f4c9d1.jpeg

↡ Advertisement