Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

firefly20

Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • I am the boss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2020 at 04:00 PM

39 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Probably because the original question is as silly today as it was back then. 😀 

It’s one of those tongue-in-cheek polls to kill time on a lazy Sat afternoon during this CB period. 

I had a good laugh at some of the replies ... crawl to work? Seriously. Hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
4 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Then if boss is a balding shortie with pot belly while you look like Andy Lau then how? 😂

Then dont shave n dont exercise to blend in.

1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

It’s one of those tongue-in-cheek polls to kill time on a lazy Sat afternoon during this CB period.

I'm actually enjoying your thread immensely! 😀

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

I had a good laugh at some of the replies ... crawl to work? Seriously. Hahaha

How you arrive is a statement of whether you have arrived. 🤣

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

How you arrive is a statement of whether you have arrived. 🤣

I prefer coming to arriving. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, CarNutz said:

I would say it depends on the boss himself,his character and personality or value system. Coming from a school environment which is part of CS,it is very common to see teachers driving so called bigger cars than the principal. For example I work as a relief teacher in a school currently. P drives a Altis. Many staff under him drives equivalent but some drive Jaguar,VW,Skoda,Audi and even one Porsche Cayman. But it doesn't bother the principal one bit...if he wants he can well afford a better car than Altis but I dun think it is a priority in life. Just my 2 cents... Sometimes we are too self conscious when the other party has more important things to be concerned about.

I, too, am in education but at a higher level. My boss drives a Lexus and when his Secretary found out that I drove a Merc... she suaned me and said your car bigger than boss har? Usually, its not the bosses but the damn loud mouthed bitches.

• Haha! 3

19 minutes ago, Koster said:

Our PM used to drive a COE Honda Accord. What should all the civil servants be driving then?

Bus MRT Walk, because car-lite?

Or Brompton foldies?

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

yes...go ktv also better let your boss have the one with brighter headlights 

😬🤣

• Haha! 4

Some bosses have their own personal driver. Do you know what happens when the boss decide to take the public transport? You may think that it is a joke, but the driver who depends on the job to drive his boss around is so afraid that he might lose his job. 

And that he will have to find another job to bring home the income to feed his family. So he would rather that his boss continue to hire him as a driver, so that he can continue to have his job, having a stable income is better than being freelance driver.

Hypersonic
15 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Actually true also. If one is going for an interview as a banker, driving a nice,  flashy sports car is acceptable. 

But if one is applying for a job as a social worker or teacher for example, driving the family’s Porsche Panamera would raise an eyebrow or two. 

In my profession, a lot from upper middle class or even upper class families. So premium cars even as a student is just the norm. No real need to compare. Though most of the times we park in institution car park also as well.

But seems like times changing. My friends younger SIL has a Honda fit which the parents bought for her on graduation. But she prefer to take grab to work so no need to go from carpark to the main building. Hahaha 

Supersonic
59 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

In my profession, a lot from upper middle class or even upper class families. So premium cars even as a student is just the norm. No real need to compare. Though most of the times we park in institution car park also as well.

But seems like times changing. My friends younger SIL has a Honda fit which the parents bought for her on graduation. But she prefer to take grab to work so no need to go from carpark to the main building. Hahaha 

Thought for some profession, default the cars that people only drive are conti brand?! Maybe only one or two are the odd one who drive a B&B car? 😂

For me i wouldnt think that it is a gaffe. it is rather piorities. and i would not feel paiseh. after all this if i can drive bigger car than my boss is my own personal life. nothing got to do with my boss. i can afford, my own money, my life. Why should i bother how my boss thinks of me. as long as the work is delivered to him there is nothing wrong.

11 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I prefer coming to arriving. 😁

It’s the journey 

not the destination 

😂😂😂 no wonder bmw and sex sells 

• Haha! 4

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Koster said:

Our PM used to drive a COE Honda Accord. What should all the civil servants be driving then?

His Dad personal Car only Lexus GS300,The Lee Family preferred Japanese Cars,because LKY did mentioned before the State's Mercedes Benz always need Repair,LKY also said these Words to Japan PM when he visited  Japan...these Words make Mercedes Benz Bosses very piss off.🤣

• Haha! 1

I will say some SME boss have this type of thinking, due to their own background or up bringing (based on my own experience)

No point fighting against the culture or system. (or people)

just change job / career. 

if you work in sales / marketing in big MNC / Banks. the opposite will happen.

You drive small low SES B&B cars to ferry/meet clients (esp those important $$$ clients) -

I dont think your boss will like that. (assumption is that your pay & bonus qualify for Atas Conti cars)

whether you like it or not, Image Matters in Sinkie 

• Praise 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, Koster said:

the question should be which car to showcase when the media / press is filming

esp MP's car at MPS . (so many eyes looking). Lan Lan have to drive out low SES B&B cars and park at "assigned reserved lots" away from public eyes

Edited by TeamAMG69

6 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

His Dad personal Car only Lexus GS300,The Lee Family preferred Japanese Cars,because LKY did mentioned before the State's Mercedes Benz always need Repair,LKY also said these Words to Japan PM when he visited  Japan...these Words make Mercedes Benz Bosses very piss off.🤣

so which car did L* sit at last year National Day - brand n model ?

↡ Advertisement