Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

firefly20

Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • I am the boss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2020 at 04:00 PM

Well my boss has like 17 cars with the largest being a 5.6 V8 SUV that can't fit in any MSCP, so I guess no matter what I drive also safe, the only problem is my car very small cos damn poor 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And my immediate superior drives the same car as me, but with 2 lesser doors hahahahaha!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 5/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, RadX said:

Last time de facto car for teachers is sunny and altis 

now you see all sorts liao, flashy one oso hv

last time very different.

last time if civil servants - most teachers were/are civil servants - drove expensive cars, CPIB might invite for kopi, and tongues might be wagging... public will question why are they paid so much 😅

I know one time (30+ yr ago) got one independent sch, got 2 VPs bought merc together. whole school (i'm sure beyond) was talking...

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

last time very different.

last time if civil servants - most teachers were/are civil servants - drove expensive cars, CPIB might invite for kopi, and tongues might be wagging... public will question why are they paid so much 😅

I know one time (30+ yr ago) got one independent sch, got 2 VPs bought merc together. whole school (i'm sure beyond) was talking...

Not really. civil servant must report and update on all income including private property and business interest.

Employee from Finance Consulting arm must not be vested in equity .

And the smarter ones all 3rd party source of income are done overseas so no CPIB is worth the time to fly over to check unless its like those 1MDB type of case. 

So far, teachers are still not caught moonlighting for tuition center. So if the arm of the law catch up to them, then its going to be tax evasion.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

It's a question of your own self-esteem and confident level, if i can afford a conti car more than green eyed monster, I will drive to work live and play, the only instrument i cant get away here in Spore where car maybe an indicator of your social standing , status and friends admiration.

As i had mentioned in early post, if you're working for a MNC, best not to or rather you may will planting the seed longer for promotion, there'll bound for jealousy, but in today society, if you can , go for it, coz you do your sum and its one of your favourite, why not !!!

Let me share my experiences on my younger days, aspiring to own A " Alfa Romeo " considering not many can affordable it due to high wear and tear, I did the opposite thinking . . . I worked , saved enough for the deposit and I got myself the A.R Gold Leaf, all manual and Red Hot Chilly Pepper with white cotton sofa cushion and a much much smaller steering wheel . . . I found the most common wear and tear were the Brake pads which had to be changed every servicing, normal servicing, done by my regular " Doctor Lim Alfa workshop at Ubi " 

[drivingcar]

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Nyox said:

If you know where president Halimah currently resides, you can see her garage from Google Street view. 

Not very down to earth I'd say. Porsche Boxster and Jaguar XJ. Although they are older models. 

Before she become president, what car she drives le?

3 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Well my boss has like 17 cars with the largest being a 5.6 V8 SUV that can't fit in any MSCP, so I guess no matter what I drive also safe, the only problem is my car very small cos damn poor 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And my immediate superior drives the same car as me, but with 2 lesser doors hahahahaha!

Lorry also only 2 doors. 😆

• Haha! 3

I think there is no straight answer to this.

It's depends on the individual company culture and also the immediate boss. 

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I think there is no straight answer to this.

It's depends on the individual company culture and also the immediate boss. 

YOLO answer will be F this shit

I drive whatevre I like 🤣

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Not really. civil servant must report and update on all income including private property and business interest.

And the smarter ones all 3rd party source of income are done overseas so no CPIB is worth the time to fly over to check unless its like those 1MDB type of case. 

So far, teachers are still not caught moonlighting for tuition center. So if the arm of the law catch up to them, then its going to be tax evasion.

Actually teachers are officially allowed to give tuition up to a certain amt of hours per week. There are also some other conditions such as they are not allowed to tutor their own students due to conflict of interest.

Of course, If you're saying that they don't declare their side income, then it's a different matter.

9 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

If your boss drives a Kei car like a Daihatsu Copen, GG to the rest of the office?

Then if my boss cycles to work, I can only use unicycle? 😂

3 hours ago, kevlevrone said:

Hi everyone. Interesting thread. My unswer is yes but as I can see most of you answered no.

Today more forummers voted 'Yes'. You must be one of them. 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:13 AM, Weez911 said:

I run a SME and my customers are my bosses. I find it difficult to negotiate any price increase, including inflationary type, if they know of my family car. It is slightly easier with my G30 though. Some of them know of my watch hobby, but then I don't own the most expensive watches also.

Staff-wise, I'm happy whatever they drive. It doesn't bother me. We don't talk about cars or their choices of residences. No politics also.

Many years (almost 20) ago one vendor also like that. He's the younger brother of the boss of the company. His brother - and i suspect him too - sure drives towkay car.

But when he came to visit our company, will drive a corolla... he confessed that if dun drive a modest car, customers sure say they making too much...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

The incident i mentioned was about 35 yr ago, when i was a student. Those days i recall tuition was not as commonplace like now lah. Those earlier days Singaporeans were not so rich like now yet, and most families were busy putting food on the table only and not so many got $$ to do investments, esp overseas, leh.

COE was not invented yet also 😁

• Haha! 1

On 5/30/2020 at 4:41 PM, 13177 said:

Those teachers who drive sunny and altis usually are young teachers who just started out as a teacher. My era can also see BMW, mercs, but usually driven by middle age and above teachers.

When i was in pri sch, i recall school compound was small and there were very few cars only.

and altis came out only in ~2004? Before that was only corolla right? me long long no longer a student by then 😆

My current big boss who is 3 level above me drove the same car model as me. Mine is a higher spec variant. When he changed car recently to another similar bread n butter model, he wanted to give me his floor mats. My ex ceo drove a coe corolla. The staff in my company very high car ownership, but zero issues with what u want to drive. I know 1 big boss drives a sunny daily to work but has other conti car at home.

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

The incident i mentioned was about 35 yr ago, when i was a student. Those days i recall tuition was not as commonplace like now lah. Those earlier days Singaporeans were not so rich like now yet, and most families were busy putting food on the table only and not so many got $$ to do investments, esp overseas, leh.

COE was not invented yet also 😁

yeah.. those good old days was when Subaru lagarcy was the VFM .. when u scrap is 29K rebate

When you got no moolah, you buy conti / alfa 33

and bmw 2002tii u were looking at the fuel gauge rather than the speedo

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, Mockngbrd said:

My boss take grab/mrt. How? 

Take skate scooter to work.

The one which uses manual leg power, not the electric one.

↡ Advertisement