Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

firefly20

Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • I am the boss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2020 at 04:00 PM

Turbocharged
59 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

one thing is true for sure

do not let the interviewer saw your car before interview

personally kena "soured" 5 times cum no offer

my career coach told me I am stupid

park further away wouldn't die

no job no money sure die:TT_TT:

that remind me of my case donkeys years ago..

Went for a SME interview.. see no carpark.. so parked at the boss lot! 🤣

Of cos i din get the job! whahahahahaha..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, RadX said:

Last time de facto car for teachers is sunny and altis 

now you see all sorts liao, flashy one oso hv

Last time  teachers are teachers who dont moonlight at tution center ...

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Inlinefour said:

one thing is true for sure

do not let the interviewer saw your car before interview

personally kena "soured" 5 times cum no offer

my career coach told me I am stupid

park further away wouldn't die

no job no money sure die:TT_TT:

Than have to have a more jialat home address than the boss as well.

Else boss stay hdb, you stay landed, sure kanna rejected.

• Haha! 1

In short, i have to summarise that most if not many of us here & within the family do owned car that is self sufficient or car used under " family owned " per say.

As Singpore has the highest percentile of car ownerships, usage onto 10 years subject to renewal COE 5/10 period, its mind boggling our G has no others option/s but only this unrealistic and pathetic new car tenure of 10 years use. I was thinking, LTA and authorities come out with longer COE bidding be altered / tweaked/ enhanced to smoothen the rough edges so as to benefit the system, be it the big chunk of taxes be channelled goes to LTA, or the specification of car imported by basic, partial of fully stocks . . . TBH, I'm just a layman trying to ascertain of any scheme, solution or entitlement for Hybrid, Electric for A Win/ Win for all - Motorist, Authority, and future satellite GPS, making us one of the best city driving concept, but first let's start with car that has reach 5/towards 9 years after COE renewal . . .We singaporeans can't be checking out Bolehland petrol week-in week-out at their mercy Can we ?

We really need to shake up the car industry here, if we sit around yet doing nothing and accept what;s the norm past 40-50 years, nothing new gonna to happen . . . let's see

17 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Than have to have a more jialat home address than the boss as well.

Else boss stay hdb, you stay landed, sure kanna rejected.

Then if boss is a balding shortie with pot belly while you look like Andy Lau then how? 😂

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

me kena soured cum no job offer 

did you get the job? 😊

I got the job. [:p] Later i think back that realise they indirectly prefer someone who have a car, so that can run errands for the company. -_-

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
29 minutes ago, RadX said:

Last time de facto car for teachers is sunny and altis 

now you see all sorts liao, flashy one oso hv

Those teachers who drive sunny and altis usually are young teachers who just started out as a teacher. My era can also see BMW, mercs, but usually driven by middle age and above teachers.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Those teachers who drive sunny and altis usually are young teachers who just started out as a teacher. My era can also see BMW, mercs, but usually driven by middle age and above teachers.

Principal car of choice last time

camry

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

that remind me of my case donkeys years ago..

Went for a SME interview.. see no carpark.. so parked at the boss lot! 🤣

Of cos i din get the job! whahahahahaha..

actually must see who is the driver

years back local billionaire scion drove Ferrari into camp and parked CO car lot

on first day reporting...CO also LL :grin:

打狗要看主人🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
40 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

In short, i have to summarise that most if not many of us here & within the family do owned car that is self sufficient or car used under " family owned " per say.

As Singpore has the highest percentile of car ownerships, usage onto 10 years subject to renewal COE 5/10 period, its mind boggling our G has no others option/s but only this unrealistic and pathetic new car tenure of 10 years use. I was thinking, LTA and authorities come out with longer COE bidding be altered / tweaked/ enhanced to smoothen the rough edges so as to benefit the system, be it the big chunk of taxes be channelled goes to LTA, or the specification of car imported by basic, partial of fully stocks . . . TBH, I'm just a layman trying to ascertain of any scheme, solution or entitlement for Hybrid, Electric for A Win/ Win for all - Motorist, Authority, and future satellite GPS, making us one of the best city driving concept, but first let's start with car that has reach 5/towards 9 years after COE renewal . . .We singaporeans can't be checking out Bolehland petrol week-in week-out at their mercy Can we ?

We really need to shake up the car industry here, if we sit around yet doing nothing and accept what;s the norm past 40-50 years, nothing new gonna to happen . . . let's see

Your post is the exact opposite of a coin. 

No head, no tail. 😁

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Your post is the exact opposite of a coin. 

No head, no tail. 😁

Cognitive (cocknitive) dissonant

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged

This kind of problem is often in SME. Big companies don't bother. Some big bosses don't drive, some drive practical cars, some drive flashy cars. Same goes for workers.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Actually a scenario like this can happen when the boss hires someone who has a wealthy family background. The person may have inherited the wealth or business and can afford it. 

Twincharged
5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Maybe japanese company have such culture and believes that subordinates should not drive a car bigger and nicer than their boss?!

And i even heard japanese company dont like their staff to drive non japan make car. Like you see the japanese MD in the company no matter how big their car is, also always a jap make.

Dont know such culture still exists now or not? Lol.

Yes,That is why there is the Toyota Century for Sales,not to anyone[i mean New Car] only sell to CEO of Big Companies.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My last boss drove a pretty old BMW X6 (you know those typical SME bosses with a mistress from china, love to pay their employees low and expect maximum results and acts like he controls your fate).

So one day, I drove my uncle's Bentley Bentayga (he's also an SME boss) to work cuz he was intoxicated the previous night and therefore asked me to drive the car back home and pass it back to him the following day after my work. My ex-boss happened to saw me driving the Bentayga and told me sarcastically "wah, your car more expensive than mine. Your salary can buy this car meh?". After that day onwards, he literally aimed me and tries to find fault with my work.

Long story short, he wants me out of the company. Luckily I quit on my own accord and after which I started my own business till now.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
57 minutes ago, udally said:

My last boss drove a pretty old BMW X6 (you know those typical SME bosses with a mistress from china, love to pay their employees low and expect maximum results and acts like he controls your fate).

So one day, I drove my uncle's Bentley Bentayga (he's also an SME boss) to work cuz he was intoxicated the previous night and therefore asked me to drive the car back home and pass it back to him the following day after my work. My ex-boss happened to saw me driving the Bentayga and told me sarcastically "wah, your car more expensive than mine. Your salary can buy this car meh?". After that day onwards, he literally aimed me and tries to find fault with my work.

Long story short, he wants me out of the company. Luckily I quit on my own accord and after which I started my own business till now.

Well, let's hope the mistress from China runs away with his CPF.😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Seems that majority have the same opinion 3 years ago and now.

Probably because the original question is as silly today as it was back then. 😀 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2