Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

firefly20

Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a gaffe to drive a bigger car than your boss?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
    • I am the boss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2020 at 04:00 PM

10 hours ago, Achtung said:

I, too, am in education but at a higher level. My boss drives a Lexus and when his Secretary found out that I drove a Merc... she suaned me and said your car bigger than boss har? Usually, its not the bosses but the damn loud mouthed bitches.

A lot of times, bitch don’t know car 1 la.

Maybe your boss drives Lexus LS. You drive C class.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

so which car did L* sit at last year National Day - brand n model ?

He switched to a BMW 7 series.....But that is State Car.

(edited)
22 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Nah, I am never a believer that one must drive a smaller car than his/her boss. Through the years I have staff who drove Proton Satria GTi (when I am still taking bus/MRT), BMW / Audi, owns multiple cars, etc. whereas all cars I have owned are B&B Jap / conti. 

And my bosses? Some of them (GM and Director level) drove Sunny, Altis, Golf, Camry, etc. And 1 even took public transport (sometime I have to drive him home if we worked late).

Maybe I am lucky, none of the bosses I worked with subscribed to such belief too. In fact some happily switch car with me when they are fetching visitors from overseas, of course with mileage claim threw in. 

That's because you and your bosses dont have insecurity issues.

Actually to me the so called advises and things ppl say expose a lot of themselves. Like this thread. And how ppl react to it also shows who are the ones suffering from the same issues.

So is the 100billion thread. Another form of insecurity. Putting a price on anything and everything but fail to see the importance behind it. Actually a lot of ppl I have come across are like that. They weigh the pros and cons based on price tag.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 5

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

That's because you and your bosses dont have insecurity issues.

Actually to me the so called advises and things ppl say expose a lot of themselves. Like this thread. And how ppl react to it also shows who are the suffering from the same issues.

So is the 100billion thread. Another form of insecurity. Putting a price on anything and everything but fail to see the importance behind it. Actually a lot of ppl I have come across are like that. They weigh the pros and cons based on price tag.

Myopic thinking at its best for these ppl

as for the 100bil issue, perhaps occupational

hazard considering the work the incumbent does? Essentially narrow minded thinking!!

• Praise 1

(edited)

Guys, I created this light-hearted thread to have some fun and laughter. So let’s keep this thread non-personal and non-political. Whoever wants to make it otherwise, you are free to create your own thread. 

Thank you. 

Edited by firefly20
  • Praise 2

(edited)

I run a SME and my customers are my bosses. I find it difficult to negotiate any price increase, including inflationary type, if they know of my family car. It is slightly easier with my G30 though. Some of them know of my watch hobby, but then I don't own the most expensive watches also.

Staff-wise, I'm happy whatever they drive. It doesn't bother me. We don't talk about cars or their choices of residences. No politics also.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I run a SME and my customers are my bosses. I find it difficult to negotiate any price increase, including inflationary type, if they know of my family car. It is slightly easier with my G30 though. Some of them know of my watch hobby, but then I don't own the most expensive watches also.

Staff-wise, I'm happy whatever they drive. It doesn't bother me. We don't talk about cars or their choices of residences. No politics also.

this the kind of boss i want to work for 😃 i didnt know sg still got such boss car vs worker car mentality. maybe we from diff generation lolz

13 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

Guys, I created this light-hearted thread to have some fun and laughter. So let’s keep this thread non-personal and non-political. Whoever wants to make it otherwise, you are free to create your own thread. 

Thank you. 

go HWZ EDMW 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

go HWZ EDMW 

Apologies if I unintentionally offended anyone. Tomorrow the mad rush starts for me and I’ve to abandon thread liao.

In the meantime, I just want to laugh at some of the sassy replies in this thread. 😀

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

How you arrive is a statement of whether you have arrived. 🤣

I recall that there was this Camry advert about the leader who arrived or something similar. I’m not leader so I never buy Camry. 

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

In my profession, a lot from upper middle class or even upper class families. So premium cars even as a student is just the norm. No real need to compare. Though most of the times we park in institution car park also as well.

But seems like times changing. My friends younger SIL has a Honda fit which the parents bought for her on graduation. But she prefer to take grab to work so no need to go from carpark to the main building. Hahaha 

I read somewhere that you’re a medical doc rite? Too bad my JC-going son is not interested in med. Otherwise I can consult you about acing the selection test. 

i know some humble bosses who own a few car, one of them is a b&b car say a toyota altis or honda vezel . they drive this to meet customer and talk/nego deals. but drive their porsche or exp merc come to office/go lunch. office carpark standby the b&b car, which allow their employee to drive out for lunch also.

• Praise 1

I have a car & my boss takes grab to work

But my boss has a yacht & a landed property in Orchard.

So...

He doesn't really care about what cars all of us drive honestly.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

TS firefly20,

What industry are u working in?

It depends on the industry.

Also usually bosses that are not capable and low leadership  capability with Low self-esteem will hv car issues with their subordinates. No outstanding direction for the team and start to play office politics to gossip on subordinate house and car.

13 minutes ago, Humpy27 said:

TS firefly20,

What industry are u working in?

It depends on the industry.

Also usually bosses that are not capable and low leadership  capability with Low self-esteem will hv car issues with their subordinates. No outstanding direction for the team and start to play office politics to gossip on subordinate house and car.

I work in the finance industry somewhere along Shenton way. Please don’t ID me, I scared.😶

Actually my view is slightly different from yours. I’ve worked for highly capable bosses with strong leadership who can get things done. Some of them have very high ego too, who I suspect won’t be too pleased to find their subordinates parking their Porsche next to their BM (as an extreme example). 

But like what the majority shared, I think most of my ex-bosses won’t care what I drive unless it’s something outrageous. 

Anyway I started this thread just to TCSS, not that i think my current boss would mind. He alternates between the 3 German brands every few years. I definitely cannot keep up with the one-upmanship with him. 

↡ Advertisement