MCF - Last of the Car Forums?

Scion

Turbocharged

changed to a new PC recently and restored my browser bookmarks

was going through the bookmarks for organise and deletion

realise many car forums already shut down for good

most car forums have migrated to Facebook as car interest groups

or they simply die off as the car models went end of line

is MCF the only local car forum left today?

feel kind of nostalgic, back then when car forums were popular, with lots of gatherings organized and new car gadgets for chng and modify

one of the some car meetups i went to (in 2005... gosh 15 years ago.......😞

248591939_2005vios.thumb.jpg.b9a2327f92ef2544f54bfc531ef72877.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

https://www.subaruclubsg.com/

Still up, but only one WTS post up on the front page. Remaining threads seem to have posts at least 5 months old.

I  would guess the forum you're not sure about was about CNG, since that appears in the URL.

Edited by Turboflat4

Supersonic

Same make, same model type of forum whole day talk what ah? FC? Snake oil mods?....yawn

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Soya said:

Same make, same model type of forum whole day talk what ah? FC? Snake oil mods?....yawn

Good places to:

-get into fights about ego contests 

-get into fights about "racing" on the roads and loser kpkb

-get into fights about negative publicity on social media sites

-get into fights after buyer/seller flew aeroplane in WTB/WTS threads

So... they serve the function of getting into fights quite well. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 6

The more we should treasure MCF.... Members and participants determine the survival of a forum, which is becoming a rare animal in the present world. 

I used to insist that a car forum must be automotive-orientated, and even refused to participate in non-motoring related threads / discussions just a few years back.

However over the last 2 years, I started to realise that if a forum is too rigid, it would kill off members' interest and discourage participation. Through some non-motoring discussions, it allows members to know each other better, thereby fostering a special relationship and build trust along the way. 

At the end of the day, a forum is a platform for people from all walks of life to share what they know, and reach out to others for what they don't know. Please upkeep the spirit of this forum. [:)]

• Praise 35

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

The more we should treasure MCF.... Members and participants determine the survival of a forum, which is becoming a rare animal in the present world. 

I used to insist that a car forum must be automotive-orientated, and even refused to participate in non-motoring related threads / discussions just a few years back.

However over the last 2 years, I started to realise that if a forum is too rigid, it would kill off members' interest and discourage participation. Through some non-motoring discussions, it allows members to know each other better, thereby fostering a special relationship and build trust along the way. 

At the end of the day, a forum is a platform for people from all walks of life to share what they know, and reach out to others for what they don't know. Please upkeep the spirit of this forum. [:)]

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Want to love your post but heart emoji isn't in, yet. 😥

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

At the end of the day, a forum is a platform for people from all walks of life to share what they know, and reach out to others for what they don't know. Please upkeep the spirit of this forum. [:)]

You're right. To survive a forum has to try to stay as relevant as possible and reflect whatever is happening around the world. Especially in a COVID-19 situation, the focus shifts from car related to COVID-19 centered discussions. 

The funny thing is I've been surfing much lesser on Facebook for the past two months because the comments are too toxic and too negative. Also a lot lesser on Instagram as I'm not interested in watching people exercising and posting Tik Tok videos of themselves dancing. 

Other than work, I'm spending more time on the piano (few hours daily actually, which is an achievement because the last time I touched it was May 2019 lol), packing and reorganizing my room, watching some series on Netflix, eating, sleeping, watching TVB drama with my mum and all that. 

Wah sorry out of topic. Anw what I wanna say is, long live the forums, not just MCF but all forums in general. Try and support as much as we can before it's gone forever. 

• Praise 13
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I've been hanging around MCF since 2002 and can say MCF hasn't always been this way

There were periods of stupidity where some were just posting smileys or dumb shit just to make up post count as it gets them higher up the 'status ladder' (wtf...got prize meh?) and also periods of toxicity w the typical gutter talk u see at other platforms.

The current mods hv done a good job in keeping MCF above all these and also kudos to MCFers who hv collectively kept this garage of ours relatively clean & tidy

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, Soya said:

I've been hanging around MCF since 2002 and can say MCF hasn't always been this way

There were periods of stupidity where some were just posting smileys or dumb shit just to make up post count as it gets them higher up the 'status ladder' (wtf...got prize meh?) and also periods of toxicity w the typical gutter talk u see at other platforms.

The current mods hv done a good job in keeping MCF above all these and also kudos to MCFers who hv collectively kept this garage of ours relatively clean & tidy

you dun say....and there are those who curse me to high heaven for taking the strict stand....nbz.....

anyway skool hols over liao.....🤣

you great grandpa aldy ah

Supersonic

Not easy to maintain a forum, no matter what type of forum lo. Car forum meetup think was very popular 10-15 years ago, almost every week default to have a car meetup at kallang carpark, yishun dam etc. Is car meetup still active currently?

• Praise 1

@Soya and me abt same time here, since 2002

damnnnnnnnnnn..been a loooooooooong time

That was the year i got my first ride...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1