MCF - Last of the Car Forums?

Scion

10 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Last time I posted den she delete 

What kind of pig?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

20 hours ago, Soya said:

Ahemmmm....babyblade is supposed to be the short guy in the sgcarmart review rite? Lol

22 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

I'm only here bcos of Babyblade

17519222285ad709c96e11c9.86180462.jpg

If Babyblade looks like this, SGCarMart car review viewership will x 10 instantly. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

If Babyblade looks like this, SGCarMart car review viewership will x 10 instantly. 😂

I don't mind if she sits in the middle of the rear seat during the review so got eye candy during the blah blah blah. Now juz see the fat bloke w the camera. Sibei distracting sia

• Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Vid said:

My subaru faster than you subaru 😂😂

+ limpeh gib you 3 lamp post ... [:p]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

+ limpeh gib you 3 lamp post ... [:p]

I give you 20tiang 😂

10 hours ago, Soya said:

I don't mind if she sits in the middle of the rear seat during the review so got eye candy during the blah blah blah. Now juz see the fat bloke w the camera. Sibei distracting sia

Then no matter what cars, the back row can definitely sit 3 comfortably. 😉

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:00 AM, Soya said:

I've been hanging around MCF since 2002 and can say MCF hasn't always been this way

There were periods of stupidity where some were just posting smileys or dumb shit just to make up post count as it gets them higher up the 'status ladder' (wtf...got prize meh?) and also periods of toxicity w the typical gutter talk u see at other platforms.

The current mods hv done a good job in keeping MCF above all these and also kudos to MCFers who hv collectively kept this garage of ours relatively clean & tidy

You didn't knew of the free "milo peng"?

Hypersonic
14 hours ago, firefly20 said:

err... bb looks 10x better than the xmm in the picture hokay 

dont insult our mcf goddess prease 

😬😌

• Haha! 3

On 6/1/2020 at 8:00 AM, Soya said:

I've been hanging around MCF since 2002 and can say MCF hasn't always been this way

There were periods of stupidity where some were just posting smileys or dumb shit just to make up post count as it gets them higher up the 'status ladder' (wtf...got prize meh?) and also periods of toxicity w the typical gutter talk u see at other platforms.

The current mods hv done a good job in keeping MCF above all these and also kudos to MCFers who hv collectively kept this garage of ours relatively clean & tidy

+1 [laugh]

the best part of web based forumn, is the "search" function (which YOLO & many ) dont know and dont want to use

the history of information is vast and very useful.

whatsapp chat is only limited to about 255/260 users - history search is very limited

telegram chat search and history is getting better - but still lose to the traditional forumn

what i see is that general car brand chat is quite quiet as it is very "open" -

those specific car model is relatively very active / noisy as they have their own MU ( drivers know each other, or least have some checks whether you really have that car, etc)

not just some keyboard warrior trolls (white ants) or best - mole from SG Roads V*

• Praise 3

On 5/31/2020 at 10:08 PM, Scion said:

changed to a new PC recently and restored my browser bookmarks

was going through the bookmarks for organise and deletion

realise many car forums already shut down for good

most car forums have migrated to Facebook as car interest groups

or they simply die off as the car models went end of line

is MCF the only local car forum left today?

feel kind of nostalgic, back then when car forums were popular, with lots of gatherings organized and new car gadgets for chng and modify

one of the some car meetups i went to (in 2005... gosh 15 years ago.......😞

248591939_2005vios.thumb.jpg.b9a2327f92ef2544f54bfc531ef72877.jpg

you missed out 1 more TCC... Tiong Chia Club who used to roam Orchard Gudang 😛 

Oh, I guess these car forum website is swept away by online buying portal.

Website need to be financed lor, they usually try to sell something at out of this world pricing.

There are people that actually buy it lor,..... because cannot find other sources that provide the product and service ba.  Like air purifier sell for 1500 laa, a GPS PMD for 2000, a bulb for 100.

Even writing this, I see a HKS High Quality Stainless Steel Glossy ....... wah $1500.  Exhaust Tail Pipe leh .....

On top of forums, I missed car meet ups!

Used to own a CL7. The Singapore Honda club meet up was just fantastic ! 

This was in 2011.

IMG_2867.thumb.JPG.d8825e9e31eb41092a39f9e1ac1d8fe1.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

• Praise 6

On 6/1/2020 at 8:42 AM, t0y0ta said:

A few were based off Dephi Forums (a free hosted forum framework) and it seems like it was easy to setup but there were a lot of limitations in expanding functionality, look-and-feel, so it may not be able to sustain interest.

Toyota and Mazda forums were roaring in the mid 2000s, my feel is they died once COE started shooting up around late 2000s and the number of new (highly enthusiastic) young car buyers coming in to create the traffic, essentially stopped.

I actually feel that MCF is only being kept alive by its non-car discussions (HK threads; COVID threads, Makan thread). The number of new threads or postings related to cars have seriously dwindled in the last couple years.

Starting from 2004 to 2009, that 5 year period saw a boom in number of new cars on Singapore. At it's peak, we were looking at perhaps 100k COEs in 1 year? Senior bros, please correct if I am wrong.

And prices were still relatively affordable and with 100% percent loans available from banks, there were lots of young and enthusiastic members who join and setup these model and brand car forums. And most of them were pretty happy they could own a brand new car. 

Those were the days.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1