Told to return to office from June 2, some employees worry about safety and question need to go back

kobayashiGT

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Aiyah. like I will say. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I do admit I will play forum. But I also got work. 🙂 balance. Balance is the most impt to keep the work going. I love to work, I work on what I love. ❤️

p.s. popi popi this year have pay raise, popi popi. 🙆‍♂️

😂

balance 80% play and 20% work?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Asian work culture is still conservative. There will be anxiety going back to work after such a long break. Virus perhaps is just an excuse. When ppl go out to buy food there seems to be no fear. So many ppl at the mall. I still can overhear ppl say go from place to place to buy the makan they like.

Better go back to work, no good to wfh for too long. People might get too used wfh and difficult to adapt back to work in office then problem liao.  Our work culture here still office based than home based. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Alpha78 said:

Chinese towkay mentality, must see the workers then the boss feels assured that they are working.

For me, if not for the safe distancing and no dining in measures, working from the office is more relaxing. There is a time for lunch break, mini breaks in between meetings walking from one meeting room to another.

Working from home, other than distractions from children and family members, it's even more hectic than working from office. Going for different meetings? Just click hang up, and join the next conference. Double booked for meetings? Just use 2 devices and dial in to both. Conference call back to back with no time for lunch? Just mute the mic and chomp your food while others are talking.😂

very true...

in WFH, i eat my dabao or cooked lunch in front of my laptop... the lunch hours become very blurred

teleconferences also drag until way after "office hours", because there are no more defined office hours

basically it becomes 24/7 for WFH 😪

i for one wish to go back to normal office routine the sooner the better

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I don't understand why needs to blow whistle on the employer... 

Not happy, quit lah…. See who die first.. Maybe the Company will die first leh.

Also, by blowing the whistle, you think you sabo the Company... Don't forget, how about all your colleagues etc. 

Hence, you don't represent everybody. For the rest of the colleagues, maybe they are more than happy to go back office.

• Praise 3

WFH should continue until next opening window (Phase 2)....  :yuush:

Go office from tomorrow (02/06/20) also no use as still have to 'ta pao' lunch to office to eat. :lll._.:

At least next Phase can dine in (max of 5 to a table of 10) with colleagues after 3 months no eat together .... [gossip]

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

those who don't want to go back to office to work.

you don't need to go back to office to work. you don't even need to work, your boss may tell you. [laugh]

those who are looking for a job, more opportunities for them.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
49 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

balance 80% play and 20% work?

Yah. Pareto principle mah.

20% of works will attribute to 80% of the result.

80% of play will benefit the 20% of work's productivity.

🤣

45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Better go back to work, no good to wfh for too long. People might get too used wfh and difficult to adapt back to work in office then problem liao.  Our work culture here still office based than home based. [laugh]

Ya lor .....  :relief:

WFH, boss can still have conference with you on weekends cos of that "video conferencing" and you cannot go anywhere due to CB .... :lll._.:

Normal working days, weekends means at home with love ones, no office work...  :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. Pareto principle mah.

20% of works will attribute to 80% of the result.

80% of play will benefit the 20% of work's productivity.

🤣

I like your view on this whatever pareto thing [thumbsup] but not sure your boss would agree [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I like your view on this whatever pareto thing [thumbsup] but not sure your boss would agree [laugh]

I am not sure also. 🧐 hahahahhahahaha.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I guess that's the last of Lisa? 😆

haha, her kollicks will be wondering Mana Lisa....

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Neost said:

Also, by blowing the whistle, you think you sabo the Company... Don't forget, how about all your colleagues etc. 

Hence, you don't represent everybody. For the rest of the colleagues, maybe they are more than happy to go back office.

In times like this, not easy to say quit unless she has huge amount of savings. 

But blowing the whistle on your own employer is like indirect resignation already. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
36 minutes ago, Neost said:

Nothing wrong with blowing the whistle if the employer is contravening the law. Some employers really think they big fark and what they say goes. That's no longer true in the modern age.

I always believe if your task can work from home, meaning can work from any where in the world too. Hence, employer probably can find some one more creative, more efficient, more hungry and more cheap than you. 

You will be history

• Shocked 1

Twincharged

Sorry har..... What is WFH har ?

Cuz I have been going to the workplace every regular working day....

I have been working in office for the past 2months ...  has been hectic and tiring due to reduction in manpower. Fresh issues have cropped up which is of course a challenge to solve... my company was also checked by the authorities for safety distancing, wearing of masks and use of SafeEntry...  

CBD is a ghost town ...  and all the people i have encountered have been diligent in observing the rules. If anything, i have noticed some delivery guys who were not wearing masks after stepping off their vans etc. 

Tom is the start of phase 1.... fingers crossed... CBD area can maintain zero infections... 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Nothing wrong with blowing the whistle if the employer is contravening the law. Some employers really think they big fark and what they say goes. That's no longer true in the modern age.

Nowadays younger generations will do that.

Like last time I got a polytechnic guy who worked with me for about 6 months then quit when he was skipped for advancement. Problem is he came to work late almost every single day.

But after he quit, he went to MOM to lodge a complaint is saying we dock his pay because he took one year's leave allocation but only worked half a year. 

Twincharged
3 minutes ago, SuPerBoRed said:

I have been working in office for the past 2months ...  has been hectic and tiring due to reduction in manpower. Fresh issues have cropped up which is of course a challenge to solve... my company was also checked by the authorities for safety distancing, wearing of masks and use of SafeEntry...  

CBD is a ghost town ...  and all the people i have encountered have been diligent in observing the rules. If anything, i have noticed some delivery guys who were not wearing masks after stepping off their vans etc. 

Tom is the start of phase 1.... fingers crossed... CBD area can maintain zero infections... 

Wonder how is Telok Ayer market doing?...

↡ Advertisement