Same Name Different Class

Carbon82

(edited)
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

YES!! R10 Presea and with manual transmission! In one of the company I have worked with, they have several company car, such as Corona 1.6A, Corona 2.0A, Mazda 323, and the R10 Presea 1.6M. The R10 was my default choice if I have to make business related trip in Singapore and Malaysia, best handling among the rest (I know some might not agree, but that is my personal assessment / preference) although the clutch is super stiff.

nissan_presea_1800_ct.ii_8.jpeg

nissan_presea_1800_ct.ii_5.jpeg

But the plastic dash can't last long under the hot sun, surface become sticky and even bubbling were noted after just 3 years, which never occurred in the Toyota and Mazda.

Wow brings back memories! My uncle had one back then and I always enjoyed riding in it whenever he came around. 

The design was unique with it's round grille-less nose and hardtop style body with frameless doors. On the inside there was the plush velour upholstery and a unique blue-lit instrument cluster at night. 

Edited by iamahbee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I personally find the Legacy has lost it way, from a sporty hardtop in its early days, to a Toyota look-alike mid size sedan (or worst, an upsize Impreza) of late.

Hardtop with frameless windows.

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_gt_type_s2_1

subaru_legacy_rs_1.jpg

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_b4_rsk_8.jpg

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_gt_b4_spec.b

Normal looking sedan

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_b4_2.0_gt_1.jpg

subaru_legacy_b4_16.jpg

subaru_legacy_28_0c24067111b40c00.jpg

• Praise 9

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I personally find the Legacy has lost it way, from a sporty hardtop in its early days, to a Toyota look-alike mid size sedan (or worst, an upsize Impreza) of late.

Hardtop with frameless windows.

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_gt_type_s2_1

subaru_legacy_rs_1.jpg

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_b4_rsk_8.jpg

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_gt_b4_spec.b

Normal looking sedan

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_b4_2.0_gt_1.jpg

subaru_legacy_b4_16.jpg

subaru_legacy_28_0c24067111b40c00.jpg

Not leaving a "legacy" hahahahaha. 😃

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Not leaving a "legacy" hahahahaha. 😃

Ya and the legacy has ended, no more bringing in to asia liao HAHAHAHA

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Hahhaha. Sad to know that now is the SUV era liao.

Sedan not in demand le.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

24 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahhaha. Sad to know that now is the SUV era liao.

Sedan not in demand le.

It is a chicken and egg situation. Manufacturers blame buyers for lack of interest in sedans and choose to invest their R&D funds on SUVs / crossovers development.

On the other hand, buyers blame manufacturers for not churning out interesting sedans over the past decade and they can only look at SUVs and such. 

Take a look at Mercedes for example, why do they decided to come up with A Class sedan, and are their C, E & S Class not doing well?

• Praise 8

On 6/15/2020 at 7:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

YES!! R10 Presea and with manual transmission! In one of the company I have worked with, they have several company car, such as Corona 1.6A, Corona 2.0A, Mazda 323, and the R10 Presea 1.6M. The R10 was my default choice if I have to make business related trip in Singapore and Malaysia, best handling among the rest (I know some might not agree, but that is my personal assessment / preference) although the clutch is super stiff.

nissan_presea_1800_ct.ii_8.jpeg

nissan_presea_1800_ct.ii_5.jpeg

But the plastic dash can't last long under the hot sun, surface become sticky and even bubbling were noted after just 3 years, which never occurred in the Toyota and Mazda.

I also like the Presea. First impressions, it has some resemblance to the Silvia S13 from the back and a "more rounded" S14 from the front. 

image.png.d213bd78b8cee7a2fede8973baeff3fe.png

image.png.b210d89bc4a6bdb279cac34a0e07ba52.png

• Praise 2

To me cars that have become disappointments as successors to the originals include the NSX and the Supra. 

The old NSX was a beautifully balanced N/A competitor to the 355. The new one is a hybrid, forced induction mobile PlayStation that still loses to quite a few supercars. 

The old Supra doesn't even need an introduction. The 2JZ engine was legendary. The new one is hardly even a Toyota anymore. And while the B58 is a very worthy engine (I have it in my car too), it's just not the same as having a proper Toyota engine in their flagship. 

The 86/GT/BRZ is debatable as the old one was more of a cult favourite. Criticisms of the new one being slow are a little meaningless since the old one was also slow. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 6/25/2020 at 9:06 PM, SiLangKia said:

Ya and the legacy has ended, no more bringing in to asia liao 

The new Legacy and outback interior look much better than many others Japanese model. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

To me cars that have become disappointments as successors to the originals include the NSX and the Supra. 

The old NSX was a beautifully balanced N/A competitor to the 355. The new one is a hybrid, forced induction mobile PlayStation that still loses to quite a few supercars. 

The old Supra doesn't even need an introduction. The 2JZ engine was legendary. The new one is hardly even a Toyota anymore. And while the B58 is a very worthy engine (I have it in my car too), it's just not the same as having a proper Toyota engine in their flagship. 

The 86/GT/BRZ is debatable as the old one was more of a cult favourite. Criticisms of the new one being slow are a little meaningless since the old one was also slow. 

But hor, now everything is a business case. I think for supra, it will be more cost-efficient to have it tgt with BMW. Same goes to 86. 

• Praise 1

Another one to the list... And I fully agree with the author! 

Look At What They Did To The Poor Toyota Corolla 

lruovubqk8geqt3e10d4.jpg

frnsfbtmoh0f55niedh7.png

vyoq7ktyxdjk3gxhyych.jpg

While we’re all busy twiddling our thumbs waiting for that GR-turned Corolla hot hatch to show up, we will instead reportedly be served a different mutation of the car with the all-new 2021 Toyota Corolla Cross. 

Yeah, Toyota “turned” the “Corolla” into a “crossover,” insomuch that they took a name that sells and put it on something shaped like a best-seller in a different segment.

The Corolla Cross itself is in fact essentially just a CH-R. It’s one inch wider, two inches taller, three inches longer, but rides on the same TNGA-C platform. It’s technically the same basic platform architecture under the current Corolla, Prius, and Lexus UX as well. Plenty of other names out there. “Corolla Cross” sounds like a weird skin worm.

But I don’t get it. I’m pretty sure people will buy it because it’s a Toyota that competes with the new Kia Seltos, Mazda CX-30, Honda HR-V, and is perhaps the sober sibling to Toyota’s own more-flamboyantly styled CH-R. Name be damned. “Crossolla” was right there, though. “Corollover.” Maybe not that one.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

lruovubqk8geqt3e10d4.jpg

frnsfbtmoh0f55niedh7.png

vyoq7ktyxdjk3gxhyych.jpg

While we’re all busy twiddling our thumbs waiting for that GR-turned Corolla hot hatch to show up, we will instead reportedly be served a different mutation of the car with the all-new 2021 Toyota Corolla Cross. 

Yeah, Toyota “turned” the “Corolla” into a “crossover,” insomuch that they took a name that sells and put it on something shaped like a best-seller in a different segment.

The Corolla Cross itself is in fact essentially just a CH-R. It’s one inch wider, two inches taller, three inches longer, but rides on the same TNGA-C platform. It’s technically the same basic platform architecture under the current Corolla, Prius, and Lexus UX as well. Plenty of other names out there. “Corolla Cross” sounds like a weird skin worm.

But I don’t get it. I’m pretty sure people will buy it because it’s a Toyota that competes with the new Kia Seltos, Mazda CX-30, Honda HR-V, and is perhaps the sober sibling to Toyota’s own more-flamboyantly styled CH-R. Name be damned. “Crossolla” was right there, though. “Corollover.” Maybe not that one.

Toyota should fire all their designer. 

Car design all getting from bad to worst.

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

lruovubqk8geqt3e10d4.jpg

frnsfbtmoh0f55niedh7.png

vyoq7ktyxdjk3gxhyych.jpg

Why would they hurt Corolla this way? It is in between Raine and Rav4. Why can't they Corolla alone as a saloon/hatchback/station wagon?

↡ Advertisement