Well done SHENG SIONG X 百倍

StreetFight3r

https://mothership.sg/2020/06/sheng-siong-donate-funeral/

A good deed by shengsiong,according to the comments/screenshots on mothership SS has been doing this since years back.Respect! 百倍百倍 

One man, Caleb Low, wrote a post about how he was helping out at his wife's grandmother's wake when a male stranger came over and tried to quietly slip S$200 into the money collection box.

One of the relatives stopped the stranger and said that the collection box was only for guests and relatives.

After some probing, the man revealed that he was working at a Sheng Siong supermarket.

The man then informed the family that his management had told him to look around the estate for wakes during the circuit breaker period and make a financial contribution.

The relative then made him sign the book as per the practice of record-keeping.

The man just left his name as "Sheng Siong Supermarket".

Low added that he tried to tag Sheng Siong in his Facebook post but the chain untagged itself immediately。

101029085_10163739124090192_7327728288791527424_o.jpg

photo_2020-06-01-22.29.49.jpeg

photo_2020-06-01-22.29.51.jpeg

photo_2020-06-01-22.29.55.jpeg

sheng-siong-give-money-01.jpg

sheng-siong-give-money-04.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Internal Moderator
22 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Very good deed done by SS....   :a-good:

Better if for every customer to their shops, buy 3 same items for the price of two ... [sly]

:XD:

Cannot lah. Business is still business. He got so many staff to feed. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I respect. Do good deed no need name and fame involved one. 

Really a very humble guy. respect.

Yup unlike some others who always have a bunch of reporters in tow...for photo ops...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I dont know why I prefer to shop at SS as compared to NTUC in Bedok; somehow SS has always got staff around to ask around and they are very candid and helpful; NTUC when I ask them for a product ....... they will just say  "go there"; Seems they have this kind of loyalty thing.... or izzit just my lucky experience with them       

• Praise 5

12 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

I dont know why I prefer to shop at SS as compared to NTUC in Bedok; somehow SS has always got staff around to ask around and they are very candid and helpful; NTUC when I ask them for a product ....... they will just say  "go there"; Seems they have this kind of loyalty thing.... or izzit just my lucky experience with them       

Agree with that.

I was at SS last friday and wife gave me a list of items to buy. I dont know the layout of the whole place. So I approached an aunty staff to ask her one item. She saw my list and asked me to show her and she pointed to me where to go to get all the items. So glad that she helped otherwise I will be running around like a headless chicken.[grin]

• Praise 9

31 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

I prefer SS because their cashiers are fast and efficient unlike NTUC fairprice whose cashiers are the man soh soh type.  By the time finish scanning,  my tub of ice cream can drink using straw. 

Well done SS. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
42 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

I had been shopping at SS 90% of the time.

Their customer service definitely better than aunty lucy.

Yes, when need to look for some stuff, the person will bring me to the shelf for the item.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I prefer SS because their cashiers are fast and efficient unlike NTUC fairprice whose cashiers are the man soh soh type.  By the time finish scanning,  my tub of ice cream can drink using straw. 

Well done SS. 

Thats why i use the self checkout counter at NTUC. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

In case you guys are not aware, it is standing order in SS to bring the customer to the product when approached. 

Those of you buying their house brand, if you see a promotion and you want /need to buy that product, check if that product is display at counter or near counter. The cashier gets credit if you buy promotion house brand products when checking out at that counter. 

Empty Lucy, no one even bother, I think their ground ppl hope nobody shop there... 

But Worst is Prime, if you guys think Empty Lucy is bad, you sld try Prime. 

SS gets my money, unless the product I want they dont carry, then I go to Giant. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Well done SS. 

Hmmmmm .......   :wut:

You prefer just becasue their cashiers are much younger than NTUC ... [sly]

:XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2