Well done SHENG SIONG X 百倍

StreetFight3r

Hypersonic
6 hours ago, PSP415 said:

20200603_195519.thumb.jpg.cf78119ea02bb550f7e3a9262a0daec9.jpg

20200603_195606.thumb.jpg.393b33e77658fe07d590bc73f7cf71b4.jpg

Masks! And plastic face shields.

Was at SS Tampines last night where it used to house Prime/Shop n Save supermarts.

First time there so abit disoriented with locations of items shopped for. 

Spacious compared to LYP and Elias Mall though.

Take care 

Cheers 

So far they has the cheapest face mask. Had been selling at $18 for a few weeks already. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Now the masks are "oversupply" already. Yet, many still selling at high prices.

You don't really need so many masks now with WFH and extended Phase 1, 2, 3 lockdowns. 🤣

Average mask usage per pax who WFH should be 1 mask / week.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Tohto said:

So far they has the cheapest face mask. Had been selling at $18 for a few weeks already. 

can look for it online sale, sometimes below $15 also can get. 

Supersonic
20 hours ago, PSP415 said:

20200603_195519.thumb.jpg.cf78119ea02bb550f7e3a9262a0daec9.jpg

Masks! And plastic face shields.

Was at SS Tampines last night where it used to house Prime/Shop n Save supermarts.

First time there so abit disoriented with locations of items shopped for. 

Spacious compared to LYP and Elias Mall though.

Take care 

Cheers 

The big Prime Supermart in Tampines is gone?

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

The big Prime Supermart in Tampines is gone?

Quite awhile liao. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
Just now, PSP415 said:

Quite awhile liao. 

That was supposed to be their flagship store. It is a pity the venture of another former pig farmer is losing its shine.

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That was supposed to be their flagship store. It is a pity the venture of another former pig farmer is losing its shine.

That location is bit tough. The human traffic only involves people walking to the polyclinic. It's at the edge of tampines central. So yeah unless u are SS or NTUC, the location is not ideal.

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

That location is bit tough. The human traffic only involves people walking to the polyclinic. It's at the edge of tampines central. So yeah unless u are SS or NTUC, the location is not ideal.

True. Footfall is very important. Next is car park.

That store had been there for a long time.I guess brand name plays a part too. I remember their LYP branch (current fast food outlets location) site was taken over by SS long before the renovation of LYP. 

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Now the masks are "oversupply" already. Yet, many still selling at high prices.

You don't really need so many masks now with WFH and extended Phase 1, 2, 3 lockdowns. 🤣

Average mask usage per pax who WFH should be 1 mask / week.

The moment Gov started to roll out the reusable mask to masses and then a few other companies in Singapore started manufacturing their own surgical/disposable mask, that's the start of the oversupply already.

London bridge is falling down, falling down.

Good luck to those who brought in few thousand boxes of masks at high cost. Time to mark down.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

The moment Gov started to roll out the reusable mask to masses and then a few other companies in Singapore started manufacturing their own surgical/disposable mask, that's the start of the oversupply already.

Good luck to those who brought in few thousand boxes of masks at high cost. Time to mark down.

Notice on the street many people still wearing surgical mask than reusable mask. Maybe because reusable mask not very comfortable to wear?!

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Notice on the street many people still wearing surgical mask than reusable mask. Maybe because reusable mask not very comfortable to wear?!

I'm on reusable + surgical mask (slot to insert). I think if you have surgical masks that's still a preferred option. I'll use reusable only if it's a quick run to open the letter box where I don't have to be in close contact with others. Whichever you're comfortable with. 

• Praise 2

23 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

You are not wrong  . . . during that time, I reckon supply chain wasn't available ,perhaps manufacturer turing to outsource from Asian countries instead like Vietnam or Cambodia. in fact such a simple way of supplying face mask isn't that difficult to produce, you merely need a size of S/M/L or XL template, cut , insert filter and glue or sticker paste of band, sort, pack and package for distribution. [flowerface]

Turbocharged
On 6/5/2020 at 2:03 PM, 13177 said:

surgical mask easier to breathe, I've bought and tried at least 5 reusable type, still can't get a suitable one for myself lol. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

surgical mask easier to breathe, I've bought and tried at least 5 reusable type, still can't get a suitable one for myself lol. 

Same, i have tried many type of reusable masks, all not comfortable to wear. Lol.

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Same, i have tried many type of reusable masks, all not comfortable to wear. Lol.

I find those thin string type (same as surgical mask) most comfortable to wear, but some are rather thick make it difficult to breathe, still sourcing for better one.

Hypersonic
On 6/3/2020 at 2:01 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Really arh? When I am old, I also wanna work at SS. 😎

When U going to be become old ?? You got PG or MG Kad ol’ready ?? Check mailbox fast fast 

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I find those thin string type (same as surgical mask) most comfortable to wear, but some are rather thick make it difficult to breathe, still sourcing for better one.

Masks must not be too tight if not uncomfortable, as the mask would stick to your mouth and nose and you might die from suffocated rather than covid?! Lol.

Thin string type? Where you bought them?

↡ Advertisement