2021 Lexus IS Teased

RickyWee

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-lexus-previewed-not-coming-uk

image.png.7606847cf70dafc98a0b99cf2c19861d.png

The low-resolution, darkened shot, posted on the brand's Facebook page, shows the rear end of the new BMW 3 Series rival and reveals it features a full-width lighting strip, much like the UX crossover. 

The post also reveals an unveiling date of 9 June for the new model. However, Autocar has been told that the model won't be sold in either the European market or the UK. 

The IS has been offered here in its previous three generations, but sales have fallen in the face of the booming SUV market and newer range arrivals. Lexus shifted 3282 examples in 2019 - nearly half the number sold in 2016.  

A Lexus UK spokesperson said: "Roughly 80% of all Lexus models sold in Europe are SUVs and the larger ES is outselling the current IS at a rate of around two-to-one, so we made the decision not to introduce this new model to the UK market."

Technical details for the new IS are thin on the ground. Without the tough European Union efficiency regulations to worry about, there may be less of a pressing need for plug-in hybrids or electric versions, so we expect it will make use of Lexus's tried-and-tested parallel hybrid powertrain in launch variants.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Supercharged
52 minutes ago, RickyWee said:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-lexus-previewed-not-coming-uk

image.png.7606847cf70dafc98a0b99cf2c19861d.png

The low-resolution, darkened shot, posted on the brand's Facebook page, shows the rear end of the new BMW 3 Series rival and reveals it features a full-width lighting strip, much like the UX crossover. 

The post also reveals an unveiling date of 9 June for the new model. However, Autocar has been told that the model won't be sold in either the European market or the UK. 

The IS has been offered here in its previous three generations, but sales have fallen in the face of the booming SUV market and newer range arrivals. Lexus shifted 3282 examples in 2019 - nearly half the number sold in 2016.  

A Lexus UK spokesperson said: "Roughly 80% of all Lexus models sold in Europe are SUVs and the larger ES is outselling the current IS at a rate of around two-to-one, so we made the decision not to introduce this new model to the UK market."

Technical details for the new IS are thin on the ground. Without the tough European Union efficiency regulations to worry about, there may be less of a pressing need for plug-in hybrids or electric versions, so we expect it will make use of Lexus's tried-and-tested parallel hybrid powertrain in launch variants.

Luxury Sports sedans hard to sell.

Everyone buying SUV

Or big cushy sedans

• Praise 2

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

What's with the new car teasing siah?

Car makers frequent the strip club scared no one know is it?

Must tease tease to create anticipation and curiosity.

Conti like to preview the car with camo

Jap like to show the car in dark shadows

The current generation IS is a squeeze to sit 3 adults in the rear. Shoulder room is almost non-existent. Hope the upcoming model improves on this otherwise very good car.

• Praise 5

22 minutes ago, Spring said:

The current generation IS is a squeeze to sit 3 adults in the rear. Shoulder room is almost non-existent. Hope the upcoming model improves on this otherwise very good car.

squeeze with u sure difficult lah!

• Haha! 3

Audi set the trend once again. From jaw dropping (pun intended) size grill to full length LED taillight...

audi-a7-sportback-photo-shoot-in-malmo-s

maxresdefault.jpg

• Praise 14

12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Audi set the trend once again. From jaw dropping (pun intended) size grill to full length LED taillight...

I like big grills but if the grills is too big it looks disproportional.

12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Audi latest line of models, including the new Porsche, are all very good looking. I think they look modern. Time will tell whether they age well...

Hypersonic
On 6/2/2020 at 1:02 PM, Weez911 said:

The rear looks good. I wish I own a Lexus when I grow up.

U oso in Preambree 🌲 like me izzit .... write skool composition “When I grow  Up” 

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

wow if singapore allow no carplate in the front....the audi grill looks even better

Well, initially set to debut on the 9th June, Lexus has postponed the unveiling of the 2021 Lexus 2021 to other dates, which has yet to be announced.

What ever it is it will need to be very good. Gave the G20 320d a good drive in Europe on country roads and autobahn. Quite apart from the ergonomics, refinement and handling, the acceleration performance is almost e46 m3 levels. Amazing for a base model diesel one can’t actually hear from in the car. Though the 3IS competed well with e90, the G30 feels to me at least three generations ahead.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 6/3/2020 at 12:47 PM, Weez911 said:

Audi latest line of models, including the new Porsche, are all very good looking. I think they look modern. Time will tell whether they age well...

this is 2013 A6 ... the front still looks good .. Audi age pretty well ...

24F2AF4B-A6F7-4D61-A53C-FD36F163BB83.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

2021 Lexus IS teased ahead of June 9 reveal. Lexus will unveil a new generation of its IS sedan on June 9 and has released a single teaser image to build excitement. The new sedan will arrive as a 2021 model and that's all Lexus is willing to say right now.

↡ Advertisement