2021 Lexus IS Teased

RickyWee

21 hours ago, Hybrids said:

Actually road holding could be a function of wider wheels and tires....not an expensive upgrade for Lexus to manage.  I found during my test drive the feel is no better than before, but it is a quicker steering rack with more assistance so it could give some the impression that there is more feel and that was welcome. The ride quality was (for me) ruined by the very high road noise (the UX was quieter in that respect and that’s not saying much). Having driven the BMW G20 3 series on the autobahn I was really impressed with the noise suppression. It had a 2.0 diesel with performance, handling, refinement and a modern interior.

I guess they are trying to move those wishing more performance to Toyota...the RAV4 prime gets good reviews, I noticed.

Your perspective of moving those wishing more performance to Toyota is very interesting - most will associate performance with being faster, more powerful, better handling or being quieter. What aspect of performance does Toyota have over Lexus?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

23 hours ago, Hybrids said:

Actually road holding could be a function of wider wheels and tires....not an expensive upgrade for Lexus to manage.  I found during my test drive the feel is no better than before, but it is a quicker steering rack with more assistance so it could give some the impression that there is more feel and that was welcome. The ride quality was (for me) ruined by the very high road noise (the UX was quieter in that respect and that’s not saying much). Having driven the BMW G20 3 series on the autobahn I was really impressed with the noise suppression. It had a 2.0 diesel with performance, handling, refinement and a modern interior.

I guess they are trying to move those wishing more performance to Toyota...the RAV4 prime gets good reviews, I noticed.

Respect your review.

But road-holding is definitely NOT something you can achieve just from changing to wider tyres. If only it was so simple.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Dna_engine said:

Your perspective of moving those wishing more performance to Toyota is very interesting - most will associate performance with being faster, more powerful, better handling or being quieter. What aspect of performance does Toyota have over Lexus?

Toyota Gr Yaris handling better than any Lexus! 😂

2 hours ago, Dna_engine said:

Thanks. For me it’s the wider choice of performance models.  Here are the excellent partnered cars, Supra and 86, the GR ones like the Yaris and upcoming Corolla, hybrids like the RAV4 prime, and Crown hybrid using the LS/LC 500h powertrain. 

51 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Respect your review.

But road-holding is definitely NOT something you can achieve just from changing to wider tyres. If only it was so simple.

In my text I don’t disagree with your point on roadholding at all. Prius and 86 is a good example....same tires, size and all!

14 hours ago, Hybrids said:

Thanks. For me it’s the wider choice of performance models.  Here are the excellent partnered cars, Supra and 86, the GR ones like the Yaris and upcoming Corolla, hybrids like the RAV4 prime, and Crown hybrid using the LS/LC 500h powertrain. 

I can see where you are coming from and I do also think that the target customers for Lexus and Toyota are different. Performance may not be the only consideration when come to buying a Lexus.

Looks great. Having a competition for the German fraternity is a good thing, like the way Grand Seiko is challenging the Swiss watch powerhouses. 👍

On 1/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, Mkl22 said:

Toyota Gr Yaris handling better than any Lexus! 😂

Hmmm..... are you sure? There are something call RCF, LC500 and LFA :D

32 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Hmmm..... are you sure? There are something call RCF, LC500, GSF and LFA :D

Spoiler

Edited by D3badge

39 minutes ago, sake said:

car unavailable since Sep 2021.

what happened?

IS300h still selling I thought.

Only retired the 2.0 turbo due to VES surcharge of 20k