Helping a dying man return home

Lala81

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This is a really touching story. Hope he can depart surrounded by his loved ones. 

一路好走。。。

Kudos to all those who contributed and the efforts of Dr goh. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/bangladeshi-migrant-worker-dying-cancer-last-wish-go-home-12793700

Well done to those who donated to help.

Dr Goh and her team did a really great job despite facing so many difficulties.

• Praise 6

Twincharged

There is another recent story about a SG woman who went to America to "start a new life" but was then diagnosed with final stage cancer. 

People donated almost $300k to bring her back via air ambulance as her condition could not permit her to take commercial.

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

There is another recent story about a SG woman who went to America to "start a new life" but was then diagnosed with final stage cancer. 

People donated almost $300k to bring her back via air ambulance as her condition could not permit her to take commercial.

Glad the lady can finally get to spend her final days back in sg with her family..

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporean-with-breast-cancer-returns-home-after-26-hour-air-ambulance-flight

• Praise 3

Sometimes i really wonder despite all this help coming forward to raise funds for medically ill person or emergency help is required, little has been done for your poor and desperate senior citizens, unless it is published in social media or all publication, Singaporeans will step forward w/o coaching.

I believe we can do better . Well done Singaporeans, you have a heart of compassion.[wave]

• Praise 3

I like to help and I have given help to fellow Singaporean in the past, supposedly we start today 2/6/2020 ( tuesday ) by donating a token of $10.00 each to a deservedly MCF brother or sister who respond positively to call of emergency or provide reliefs in any event by MCF itself, we have created ourself an ' Act of Giver " within our capacity . let's say every $10.00 contribution of 500 pax = $5,000/ ( for one MCF member ) that will bring cheers to MCF [:p]

Every $10.00 of 1,000 pax = $10K 

If an individual member of MCF contribute $40.00 within a month period, we have created a great deal of help towards any member who needed assistance during Covid-19, any surplus may be carry forward to the next month by rolling ahead.

The mechanic is simple however what i do know any form of cash involved by public is subject to approval of charity organisation here, any1 can highlight how to go about it . . .it may require volunteers of accounting, auditing and someone familiar with charity work to assist to be successful. My 0.02cts. Do share your thought

P/S: Thank you bro TianMo for your support always [laugh]

• Praise 3

Received one of the mcf awards for the thread of the month with ntuc vouchers. 

Donated it back to singapore cancer society since it came from this thread. 

20200729_200855.thumb.jpg.332220ec9dbc2418e3e0a3d088aa1bfa.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12