Lost in Singapore ??

Bezbee

2 minutes ago, Bezbee said:

Good point 👍

But I will not want to navigate thru the dense bushes in total darkness …  I will probably try to find the main  … but hor such ulu place sometimes the road doesn't even exist in google map

If doesn't appear on Google Map, sure appear on Onemap.

This camp can  be found on Google Map.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
48 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Basically whole LCK area is dead, dark and quiet after night falls! Those two poor girls must be traumatize siah! The place that these girls going is even further up than Sungei Gedong camp.

actually the track is long and straight (yah and dark at night cos dun have street lights) from LCK Road to the Scout Camp

if dun wander off into the bushes, hardly will get lost one

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Scion said:

actually the track is long and straight (yah and dark at night cos dun have street lights) from LCK Road to the Scout Camp

last time got packs of stray dogs roaming around there too...  scared the sh*t out of me

Supersonic
56 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is a nice road for night drive or ride.

But careful for stray dogs along the road.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Scion said:

Never been to this scout camp area before, dont know how does the road looks like?But LCK area was my out field training ground during army. Lol.

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Never been to this scout camp area before, dont know how does the road looks like?But LCK area was my out field training ground during army. Lol.

https://remembersingapore.org/2016/07/17/sarimbun-beach-landing-jalan-bahtera/

this site got show the photos of the track

it's not a normal asphalt road

made up of lots of small stones, sedan cars need to go slow

maybe that's why the taxi driver didn't want to go all the way in?

21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dogs from LCK end farm chased after me once

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Scion said:

https://remembersingapore.org/2016/07/17/sarimbun-beach-landing-jalan-bahtera/

this site got show the photos of the track

it's not a normal asphalt road

made up of lots of small stones, sedan cars need to go slow

maybe that's why the taxi driver didn't want to go all the way in?

The street map show this road quite a long track, maybe taxi driver got scare how come it take so long from the main road into the track still havent reach the scout camp site, and didnt want to proceed forward. But i think even the taxi driver does not want to proceed in, he should have at least send the two girls back to the main road lo, and not throw them halfway inside the track.

Anyway, such small stones track/road is very common in some LCK side road, esp inside the SAF training ground. I have gotten used to seeing such road. Also even inside there is no street lights, but it is also not totally dark until you cannot see anything along the track, as lights is shine from the sky. 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Dogs from LCK end farm chased after me once

I would not want to walk on foot along LCK area, cause there are many stray dogs there. I have phobia on stray dogs.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Scion said:

yah it's about 1km in.....

123.thumb.jpg.1e71d2cedb46955026d2083a824790ec.jpg

Actually 1km by car is not consider very far in. If by foot then consider some distance away.

3 minutes ago, Scion said:

yah it's about 1km in.....

123.thumb.jpg.1e71d2cedb46955026d2083a824790ec.jpg

The news article say its Jalan Bahtera leh. Not Bahtera Track lah. Jalan Bahtera is a longer road.

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The news article say its Jalan Bahtera leh. Not Bahtera Track lah. Jalan Bahtera is a longer road.

i went there twice before...

i think the article meant to be Bahtera Track as it's the only way to the scout camp

Jalan Bahtera, if i'm not wrong, is in the restricted area and not accessible to public

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Scion said:

i think the article meant to be Bahtera Track as it's the only way to the scout camp

Jalan Bahtera, if i'm not wrong, is in the restricted area and not accessible to public

Is Jalan Bahtera inside the gedong army camp area?

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Scion said:

Not sure too. I have never been there and the article is more than 10 years ago. Not sure if at that time Jalan Bahtera was open to public or if Bahtera Track existed then.

Maybe last time only got Jalan Bahtera. SAF took over the land and seal it off and created Bahtera Track for public to access those camp sites.

Edited by Adrianli

Turbocharged

yah i think Jalan Bahtera is part of Sungei Gedong camp area

no hard fences, but got those red SAF Restricted No Entry signs

Twincharged
(edited)
10 hours ago, 13177 said:

Basically whole LCK area is dead, dark and quiet after night falls! Those two poor girls must be traumatize siah! The place that these girls going is even further up than Sungei Gedong camp.

Oh its a year 2009 article.. So old article already.. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement