2020 Volkswagen Arteon Facelift and Shooting Brake

RickyWee

Having owned a Passat Exclusiveline for 2 years followed by BMW X3 and current G20, i feel that the VW is in no way inferior in the way it drives and NVH.  In fact, the VW tops both BMWs in terms of gadgets such as massage seats with ventilation, full digital cockpit (vs ID6 for X3), sunroof as well as full nappa leather at a lower price point.  But like most people, i was attracted to the blue white badge  lol....

If there is a chance for the Arteon to be sold in SG with a "reasonable" i.e. lower than its German rivals' price, it would be tempting to me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 hours ago, Watwheels said:

How many current gen Arteon do you see on the roads? It is rarer than a Ferrari. Ah tiong you get to see more often.

Ppl often say some car is going to be better than the bmw, merc or audi but they forgot ppl here go for brands.

[OT]

you prolly see ah tiongs more often than any car you can mention

[/OT]

1 hour ago, Genes said:

[OT]

you prolly see ah tiongs more often than any car you can mention

[/OT]

Sad but true. The facelifts model comes with 320bhp .

Only time will tell if it’s going to be the most under rated car like the Subaru largacy B5 used to be

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Acegab said:

If specs were all that matters we will be seeing everyone drive a skoda vRS or a Kia stinger

On 6/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, Carbon82 said:

Volkswagen-Arteon_Shooting_Brake_R-2021-

I tend to agree. 

After all, who buys rolex when a casio is way more accurate and shock resistance.

Just like leg room and comfort is important and hence you probably have a better time in a arteon than a c180 struggling under load.

But any time, if you visit a condo, the gate open without much resistance vs a vw anytime.by the security gate when a housing agent need to show the potential clients

• Haha! 2

In Europe, VW is probably their Toyota equivalent. But in Singapore, VW tries to be mercs or BMW equivalent. Having said that, VW seems to lose their market share nowadays unlike those days of Golfs and Scirrocos several years ago.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

if branding isn't the top priority, i would say arteon is a good buy.

But like to share,  coincidentally i had 2 cousins who bought C180 and Arteon. must say the build quality in arteon is far more superior than c180, which surprised me.

the way the door close in c180 gave away how 'hollow' or 'thin' the door is. not sure of that's a right way to judge the build quality but Arteon's door closes with a more assuring 'thump' 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

if branding isn't the top priority, i would say arteon is a good buy.

But like to share,  coincidentally i had 2 cousins who bought C180 and Arteon. must say the build quality in arteon is far more superior than c180, which surprised me.

the way the door close in c180 gave away how 'hollow' or 'thin' the door is. not sure of that's a right way to judge the build quality but Arteon's door closes with a more assuring 'thump' 

it's NORMAL in all businesses .... 

brand = high , quality / specs = lower , to make it "affordable"

brand = low , quality / specs = higher , to make it "value for money"

so ... buyer will choose brand or quality / specs ... :grin:

when you have a blue/white logo in front and back ... manual aircon knob and manual seat adjustment like the 90s also OK ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Koster said:

In Europe, VW is probably their Toyota equivalent. But in Singapore, VW tries to be mercs or BMW equivalent. Having said that, VW seems to lose their market share nowadays unlike those days of Golfs and Scirrocos several years ago.

Yeah .. 168 bhp twin charge Low road tax n cat A. A lot of bnb cars salesman cry like little girls when they went home not meeting quota till the Govt came out with CAT A 130 bhp tier

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Yeah .. 168 bhp twin charge Low road tax n cat A. A lot of bnb cars salesman cry like little girls when they went home not meeting quota till the Govt came out with CAT A 130 bhp tier

Nowadays what we see on the roads are mostly baby mercs, bmws and audis.

1 hour ago, Koster said:

Nowadays what we see on the roads are mostly baby mercs, bmws and audis.

well ... car buyer either up price or reduce size 

worst is BOTH ... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

22 hours ago, Wt_know said:

it's NORMAL in all businesses .... 

brand = high , quality / specs = lower , to make it "affordable"

brand = low , quality / specs = higher , to make it "value for money"

so ... buyer will choose brand or quality / specs ... :grin:

when you have a blue/white logo in front and back ... manual aircon knob and manual seat adjustment like the 90s also OK ... lol

@Wt_know haha i could be the minority, i will take arteon over 318 or c180, maybe even c200, assuming pricing is close

• Praise 1

That is why buy a Tesla model 3 high specs and good build quality because ours comes from the China factory with better QC then Fremont

↡ Advertisement