20 people has died from Dengue this year

Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think we need more effort in stopping Dengue.

The more I think about it, the more I think we over-reacted for Covid. 12 people died from Dengue, 24 people died from Covid. Are we going to throw 50 billion for stopping Dengue???

Because I live in a red cluster, I have narrowed my jogging range to avoid getting bitten on my morning jog.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/dengue-cases-this-year-could-surpass-2013-peak-12800008

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator

yeah. I agree. When I walk my dog, I will see like bubble tea cup and stuff on the pavement. And because no cleaner is working around the area, it was left there for a few days.

I picked up and throw it after a few days. hahah.  Thinking someone might forgotten his/her bubble tea is there. hahaha

• Praise 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

The more I think about it, the more I think we over-reacted for Covid.

COVID-19 infects human-to-human of course, while dengue needs a mosquito.

However, it's certainly an intriguing comparision.

Time and history will hopefully yield an answer to this question. COVID-19 has certainly cost the World an untold amount of resources.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 1

CB for two months, whatever workplace, worksites and construction sites are ordered to stop work, FW isolated and quarantined. Ppl ordered to stay home. Who is around to remove stagnant water whenever it rains? Businesses like fogging and area cleaning are they ordered to stop work and stay home as well during CB? What do you think will happen? 

Which one are we going to take the risk? Dengue or Virus? Choose one.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

(edited)

I bought this put at home.. really zap many bugs. Can hear them get fried. 

840916072.g_400-w_g.jpg

Also this to bring around the house

c7fa286cac0f838774f969bd4286b306

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Govt rolling out the Wolbachia male aedes programme. Hopefully can see some improvement.

There are sibei lot of mosquitoes in the last 2-3 months due to the weather and reduced human activity by FW.

• Praise 3

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Govt rolling out the Wolbachia male aedes programme. Hopefully can see some improvement.

There are sibei lot of mosquitoes in the last 2-3 months due to the weather and reduced human activity by FW.

More of no grass cutting and most overgrown..... [:(]

Mozzies hideout ... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

More of no grass cutting and most overgrown..... [:(]

Mozzies hideout ... [sly]

That’s what happens to the grass patch behind Kallang MRT

Turbocharged
38 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

But 25 died of COVID-19 with more than 36,000 infected ... [smallcry]

12 deaths is not that far off from 25. 9000 cases of dengue this year so the death rate is higher for Dengue than Covid, ie you are more likely to die if you catch dengue than Covid. 

I don't understand why the difference in response for Dengue. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

12 deaths is not that far off from 25. 9000 cases of dengue this year so the death rate is higher for Dengue than Covid, ie you are more likely to die if you catch dengue than Covid. 

I don't understand why the difference in response for Dengue. 

Not sure what you meant by the "difference in response".

But for sure, NEA is not taking a back seat. There are fumigation almost every week as well as do house to house check.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

I spray pesticide at those dark area and also outside the corridor floor trap and below those potted plants, even though my area is not dengue cluster. Esp during CB period which stay at home most of the time.

Hypersonic

Die from Dengue so unglam.

Die from Covid and everyone will be talking about you.

:grin:

Like die in a plane crash and everyone will be taking about you.

Get know down by a bus and so unglam.

• Haha! 3

21 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Not sure what you meant by the "difference in response".

But for sure, NEA is not taking a back seat. There are fumigation almost every week as well as do house to house check.

jialat... maybe i should do the same too...

cos opposite to you, when WFH, we don't spray insecticide, as we're always in the house - scared ownself tio gassed instead...

but i'm in dengue zone, and dunno where the bloody mozzies come from... i do get bitten every few days...

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

cos opposite to you, when WFH, we don't spray insecticide, as we're always in the house - scared ownself tio gassed instead...

but i'm in dengue zone, and dunno where the bloody mozzies come from... i do get bitten every few days...

Risky to get bitten by mozzie if you are in dengue zone. If dont want to spray insecticide while you are at home, then have to spray insect repellent to reduce the risk.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Atrecord said:

A lot of times, it is not from your home.

If got fever, just take note whether the symptom is Dengue like or not.

I kenna before without knowing it.  By the time i see doctor, fever had subsided.

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Risky to get bitten by mozzie if you are in dengue zone. If dont want to spray insecticide while you are at home, then have to spray insect repellent to reduce the risk.

i think better bite bullet and spray... NEA came to visit last week already...

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

A lot of times, it is not from your home.

If got fever, just take note whether the symptom is Dengue like or not.

I kenna before without knowing it.  By the time i see doctor, fever had subsided.

Your dengue should be very mild until without knowing it?! Some people when they have dengue feel more serious and very unwell. 

Indeed true most of the times, dengue mozzie not from your own house ad is from neighbor. As you can see some people even outside their house corridor like some plant nursery, so many plants and dont know if there is any dengue mozzie breeding? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1