Kia K3 2017 servicing out of AD

Bluepica

Hi,

My car is 3years old. I have used up all the servicing credits from C&C.

Is there any Kia K3 owner that send their rides for major/normal servicing out of C&C that can bring our own engine oil?

Need some recommendation.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi,

Is there any Kia K3 owner that send their rides for major/normal servicing out of C&C that can bring our own engine oil?

Thanks

I used to go JB with EO and Filter change.  Now these days I do it myself again.

Also look out for other wear and tear part like brake pad, check coolant OK.  Which I also do it myself.

Last time when driving a petrol car, I change EO every 15kkm as per Kia requirement lor.

Other than that, nothing major require attention.

Of course, do check things like brake hose, engine mount from time to time lor.

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Apple-Tree said:

I used to go JB with EO and Filter change.  Now these days I do it myself again.

Also look out for other wear and tear part like brake pad, check coolant OK.  Which I also do it myself.

Last time when driving a petrol car, I change EO every 15kkm as per Kia requirement lor.

Where do you dispose the old EO?

Internal Moderator
37 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi,

Thanks

That's quite a straight forward engine to work with. I think any shop outside can handle normal oil change. No need to go specific shop for kia. If you are not familiar with car, you can get a OBD2 reader and check for fault.

Don't say not good. I found one free one for you! 😂

https://www.nonda.co/products/smart-vehicle-health-monitor-mini

5 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

gone were the days that I like to do DIY 😞

Just want to choose a reliable workshop that is cheaper than C&C.

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

That's quite a straight forward engine to work with. I think any shop outside can handle normal oil change. No need to go specific shop for kia. If you are not familiar with car, you can get a OBD2 reader and check for fault.

Don't say not good. I found one free one for you! 😂

https://www.nonda.co/products/smart-vehicle-health-monitor-mini

Thought got some workshop fav by Kia kakis 🙂

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, UncleAtas said:

Where do you dispose the old EO?

Heee ....... you will notice NO motor shop will take your spent oil one.  And NEA approved collectors will also not take your oil too, they are too big and you need a workplace safety cert to enter the premise.

So how ah ?,

a) Anyhow throw, no one will know one. We are really not that Green despite all the effort to national educate the population.

b) Leave it outside motor shop, no one will also know one.  Some more now wear mask. It is "Catch Me if You Can"

c) Call a Mobil and TOTAL EO Advisor in SG. Er ..... provided you buy a bottle from them, L for L??, it is so ex, you are better off getting Motor shop to do it.

d) Get help from Friend lor, very OK friend one - My Problem is His Problem Type.

e) Work in a company with license to handle spent EO. Or your company neighbourhood got license, make friend to level like "You:Bro, got 5L EO, can help bo ?  Bro : K"

I went through all the item liao, I have tried. Item a) is a suggestion you will NEVER GUESS it that tell me to do that lor. Shocking lor. Anyway, I have multiple disposal avenue lor.

I drive Diesel car lor, everytime drive in motorshop...... Wah wah wah, Diesel wor, very advanced engine wor, MUST use ADVANCED oil lor MUST.  So $68 become $168.  Sick ....... and Tired of these BS motor shop lor.

I ownself change, EO Low Ash 1% Low Sulfur 1% 5.3L $19.66667 and ~$3.50 EO Filter. Money save can BUY ROAST DUCK better lor.....

Ah yes, there is a law in SG, anyhow throw EO, fine 10K or Jail up to 2 years or both.  Not sure simi law. Not sure throw 5L and 1000L got difference or not.

6 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

gone were the days that I like to do DIY 😞

Just want to choose a reliable workshop that is cheaper than C&C.

Yala, but since 2010, all my servicing(RM22), wheel alignment(RM35 - Komputer), painting (RM200), knocking, aircon repair (RM900)...... all do in JB lor.  These days, it become viable to ownself change EO again, diesel car lor, EO requirement talk until Dragon and Phoenix lor.

This year I restart EO Change DIY after C&C FREE servicing 1year finish lor.  I think the money save can buy a new engine or GB from Korea lor.

The last one, 500 service credit, I drive into C&C, change EO and Filter 519 lor.  Still need to fark out $19. My $19 like Cow Cart Wheel that big lor.....Oh ya, they give me FREE Leather Seat Protector Cushion ..... wah, so good.

Another way, best for half atas people. Kia mission statement states something like all Kia owner car will receive same treatment WHEREVER you are. I go Kia JB lor

Ever Clockspring fail, flagged Airbag.  C&C said can repair $800 before labour charge plus S70+GST GDS.  I buy Clockspring assembly USD53 + Steering wheel extractor $7.00 + Kia GDS RM70.  Problem solved.  Say NO to Financial Terrorism !!

Good Luck bro... 

• Praise 1

Frankly autobacs servicing not too ex. 

Just opt for the oil change package and ignored their nonsense sales talk. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2