[Official] 2022 3rd Generation BMW X1 (UX11)

Carbon82

9 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Was around Leng Kee and went to look up our resident Beemer sales Executive Goat.

Was totally mesmerized by the X1 exterior looks and how the car drove. NVH was pretty impressive and low end torque produced respectable pull. Suspension was not too harsh despite riding on 245/45/19. 

Interior was much more spacious than expected and quite on par with my Tarraco.

I went for a test drive and it was quite a long drive and I was showered with great hospitality and professional  service by Goat. 

If not for the crazy coe, I would be truly enticed to get one. OMV is around 37k and hence selling price coupled with high coe make the purchase price rather on the high side. Sad and poignant.

Again, kudos to Goat for the great service rendered and hopefully opportunities will knock again to get a Beemer once more as my ride.

Test drove the new X1 too. Quite sold by it! The higher torque makes it very drivable in Singapore. And yes, I was expecting harsh ride from 19" but it is all pretty smooth and no body roll. In fact it feels as spacious as X3! 😃 Sigh, if not for the high COE....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

It's common to be bashed in MCF for buying/interested in a entry conti car (be termed as a brand whore etc). But seeing the past few general positive comments on the new X1, even though at that price point, one could get a higher spec Jap/Kor car, I think it's safe to say that we're in fact the majority 🙂 and I don't mind being called a brand/badge whore actually lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Those who are interested, let's do a grp buy when COE goes down below $50K! Hehe. 

Side track abit - the outgoing 318i is having clearance at $200K too. Cat B car with higher performance, I'm also intrigued. But too bad the package is botak (no free servicing, 3yrs warranty only)... 

Whe I bought my current 216i GT in Jun'21, I got it at below $130K with free 5yrs wty +5yrs svcing 😜

13 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Was around Leng Kee and went to look up our resident Beemer sales Executive Goat.

Was totally mesmerized by the X1 exterior looks and how the car drove. NVH was pretty impressive and low end torque produced respectable pull. Suspension was not too harsh despite riding on 245/45/19. 

Interior was much more spacious than expected and quite on par with my Tarraco.

I went for a test drive and it was quite a long drive and I was showered with great hospitality and professional  service by Goat. 

If not for the crazy coe, I would be truly enticed to get one. OMV is around 37k and hence selling price coupled with high coe make the purchase price rather on the high side. Sad and poignant.

Again, kudos to Goat for the great service rendered and hopefully opportunities will knock again to get a Beemer once more as my ride.

Since you mentioned road Trip in another thread, I am surprised you are entice.

🤭

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Since you mentioned road Trip in another thread, I am surprised you are entice.

🤭

Agreed. While the low end is adequate, I believe it would run out of breath like my Tarraco in the final stretch of the rev.

The sitting position and the ride comfort would score well  for those who preferred a more relaxed drive.

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, inlinesix said:

215hp vs 121hp
Cat B vs Cat A

🤔

Not everything is about power, esp in sg w traffic lights every 100m, jams n perpetual mrt construction everywhere 

To me, good NVH n a feel good interior design is more important in sg's road context. Unfortunately that's where many jap cars fall (way) behind compared to the badges

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, oleoleole said:

It's common to be bashed in MCF for buying/interested in a entry conti car (be termed as a brand whore etc). But seeing the past few general positive comments on the new X1, even though at that price point, one could get a higher spec Jap/Kor car, I think it's safe to say that we're in fact the majority 🙂 and I don't mind being called a brand/badge whore actually lol

Nothing to do w being a badge whore la. Entry level conti has really upped their game n crushing the japs. It's actually a sensible buy in sg given our penchant for branded stuff. I mean, if a Goldlion wallet cost similar to basic Gucci, who so carrot to buy goldlion?  Hard truths 

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 5

5 hours ago, oleoleole said:

Those who are interested, let's do a grp buy when COE goes down below $50K! Hehe. 

Side track abit - the outgoing 318i is having clearance at $200K too. Cat B car with higher performance, I'm also intrigued. But too bad the package is botak (no free servicing, 3yrs warranty only)... 

Whe I bought my current 216i GT in Jun'21, I got it at below $130K with free 5yrs wty +5yrs svcing 😜

COE 50k go buy Tesla model Y le. Don't need even look at X1 🤣

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Acegab said:

COE 50k go buy Tesla model Y le. Don't need even look at X1 🤣

Is Tesla really that beautiful apart from able to run fast? Its model 3 and Y look really plain from some angles. Maybe just me. 

• Praise 4

9 minutes ago, Rskc said:

Is Tesla really that beautiful apart from able to run fast? Its model 3 and Y look really plain from some angles. Maybe just me. 

I share your sentiments 

it’s just an iPad on wheels imo!

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Soya said:

Nothing to do w being a badge whore la. Entry level conti has really upped their game n crushing the japs. It's actually a sensible buy in sg given our penchant for branded stuff. I mean, if a Goldlion wallet cost similar to basic Gucci, who so carrot to buy goldlion?  Hard truths 

Same thing again lo 

ppl bothered abt what ppl think of their purchase .. ffs…

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

8 hours ago, oleoleole said:

I would ask the same qn to them why they chose japs/koreans over MG, BYD? 😁 Some specs of these are better and more VFM. Live n let live. Happy can already. We do not need to live for others. 😄

• Praise 4

32 minutes ago, Rskc said:

If want looks porky macan best SUV looks imo. But it's all the other things bahs including the price.

3 hours ago, Soya said:

Not everything is about power, esp in sg w traffic lights every 100m, jams n perpetual mrt construction everywhere 

To me, good NVH n a feel good interior design is more important in sg's road context. Unfortunately that's where many jap cars fall (way) behind compared to the badges

Due to the conditions you said, power is definitely more important (we can agree to disagree with each other POV). The difference in power can make a difference in frustrating drive and happy drive (despite a frustrating traffic condition).

A lot of my drive in the morning involves Kim Keat Lane enter PIE and then exit Geylang. With 100hp lugging 1.3 tonne, it will be perpetually stuck on left most lane.

Toyota interior definitely fail even against Japanese car. Hopefully X1 doesn’t repeat the mistake of 2 series by having that puny screen.

Edited by inlinesix

1 hour ago, Rskc said:

The only reason I buy Tesla is $45k rebate from Ah Gong.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The only reason I buy Tesla is $45k rebate from Ah Gong.

Pray that rebate will be extended until COE 50K then 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1