[Official] 2022 3rd Generation BMW X1 (UX11)

Carbon82

3 hours ago, Rskc said:

The 7DCT is supplied by Getrag. For X1, iirc it was with aisin till ard 2019 in singapore that the batches came with wet DCT. I was very very hesitant on any DCT due vw's well known DSG stories but my fear is unfounded after using it for almost 4 yrs. I like its lightning response. 

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

oh … Getrag … ok … 

BMW FWD DCT is from Magna.

It can withstand 400nm torque 

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/10/31/bmw-to-get-dual-clutch-and-hybrid-transmissions-from-magna/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

12 hours ago, Rskc said:

Oh yes, the silky ZF, love it! 😍 I thought I would complain about the DCT when bmw first introduced it but I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the fast and smooth shift. 😃 

Yup, am quite impressed by it too. 

4 hours ago, Rskc said:

The 7DCT is supplied by Getrag. For X1, iirc it was with aisin till ard 2019 in singapore that the batches came with wet DCT. I was very very hesitant on any DCT due vw's well known DSG stories but my fear is unfounded after using it for almost 4 yrs. I like its lightning response. 

Yeah my previous X1 20I was with the aisin 8 speed auto, which is quite good as well. The DSG are actually better nowadays after 2015. Haha.. 😅

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I have to correct myself.

This DCT is for use in all 3 pot 1.5L and 180hp variant of 4 pot 2L.

Everything else uses 8 speed Aisin

I think I read somewhere that bmw is using this DCT for all bimmers using UKL platform and fwd. Other bimmers will be using Aisin. Happy to be corrected if wrong.😊

14 minutes ago, Rskc said:

I think I read somewhere that bmw is using this DCT for all bimmers using UKL platform and fwd. Other bimmers will be using Aisin. Happy to be corrected if wrong.😊

This DCT can take up to 400nm torque.

28 has 450nm torque. Definitely need higher torque GB.

All RWD is using ZF 8 speed 

63ADB570-D8A4-4D0A-91B3-966719512BDB.jpeg

AE408BB5-C961-4BF8-BC29-6F4E24FC0011.jpeg

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2

@AriesGoat 

hi, 

I have recently tested quite a number of cars around the 200k range from petrol turbo, petrol mild hybrid, full hybrid cars from various brands. 
personally, I have owned quite  number of conti/jap/Korean cars from 1.5na, 1.6na, 1.8na, 2 turbo, 1.8 hybrid to 2.5 v6,L with cars having Hp from 100ish to 240 and torque from 150 to 380nm. so I consider myself as someone with a decent experience in car power trains. Of course I am in no way a pro driver. 
I think u are very accurate in your assessment in the new x1. In the past, car manufacturers make us think that cars with bigger engines, more cylinders and more Hp are superior Or better. I recall the good old days of the famous bmw 6 cylinders… the new x1 happened to be the last car I tested after completing my last stop at PML, and I have to agree with your assessment of the car. Not comparing badges, but just looking at cars around the 180-220k price in the current coe climax, I think the x1 is truly an outstanding car with little to no competitors. 

I understand that the new x1 16i is actually a detuned 18i?? Whole world only sg has 16i. Is it possible to tune the car back to its original Hp/torque figures (as in 18i). Sorry, not sure if it’s right for me to ask this question 😂do kindly PM me if it’s not convenient to answer this question here. Thanks. 

• Praise 2

57 minutes ago, mrhan1982 said:

@AriesGoat 

hi, 

I have recently tested quite a number of cars around the 200k range from petrol turbo, petrol mild hybrid, full hybrid cars from various brands. 
personally, I have owned quite  number of conti/jap/Korean cars from 1.5na, 1.6na, 1.8na, 2 turbo, 1.8 hybrid to 2.5 v6,L with cars having Hp from 100ish to 240 and torque from 150 to 380nm. so I consider myself as someone with a decent experience in car power trains. Of course I am in no way a pro driver. 
I think u are very accurate in your assessment in the new x1. In the past, car manufacturers make us think that cars with bigger engines, more cylinders and more Hp are superior Or better. I recall the good old days of the famous bmw 6 cylinders… the new x1 happened to be the last car I tested after completing my last stop at PML, and I have to agree with your assessment of the car. Not comparing badges, but just looking at cars around the 180-220k price in the current coe climax, I think the x1 is truly an outstanding car with little to no competitors. 

I understand that the new x1 16i is actually a detuned 18i?? Whole world only sg has 16i. Is it possible to tune the car back to its original Hp/torque figures (as in 18i). Sorry, not sure if it’s right for me to ask this question 😂do kindly PM me if it’s not convenient to answer this question here. Thanks. 

I m curious to know whether can tune back albeit it'd void warranty I m sure but who cares?

2 hours ago, mrhan1982 said:

@AriesGoat 

hi, 

Yes bro, you are right for sure and that’s based on the same analysis as you. Thanks for the affirmation. 

They are the same engine actually, and tuning not approved/endorsed by the principal/AD means it’s in conflict with the warranty. Guess I’ll send you a pm. 😄

1 hour ago, Koster said:

I m curious to know whether can tune back albeit it'd void warranty I m sure but who cares?

I’m also curious, but tuning not approved/endorsed by the principal/AD means it’s in conflict with the warranty. I’ll send you a pm. 

22 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

Yes, this is something one will realise when you always change car and dabble long enough in different COE period. 😂 I also just realised recently. Haha.. 

Unfortunately, it’s mostly true for many of us. 🤣

Yes, in my line of work, I have encountered enough situation to verify this is true. Will do my utmost to explain nicely that because this brand/type of car is more “niche”, dealer or direct owner also won’t be offering so high to take in your car. So if you go in to this type of brand/deal prepared to know and expect the lowest return when time to sell your car, you won’t most likely won’t be able to stomach it when you first check quotation many years later. 

You’re welcome bro, always happy to assist you and thank you for coming by! Enjoyed the time with you and am glad you found something you like, you can rest assure I confirm keep you in touch when any exciting promo comes along. Haha 😂 you know you can come by for coffee any time if you want, I’m just a text/call away. 

Come come bro, any time for you too. I’m just a call/text away lei. 😁

I’m going Leng Kee tomorrow. Can PM me your name and number? If I can make it, I’ll swing by for a chat 🙂 

• Praise 2

Looking at the recent comments, the new X1 is really hot! 

My fren jus signed the outgoing 318i clearance deal at $198K with PML (eurokars sold out). I'm very tempted but no warranty and no free servicing... 😞

• Praise 2

Tried to reply to Rickster as I share his experience with resale of off-beat cars.. but somehow MCF doesn’t allow me to publish my post.

I’m not looking to sell my car.

But in such current interesting times where trade in prices are high, my friends were all discussing how much their trade in value is, with quotes from the sgcm competitors M and C as reference.

I didn’t receive any quote from any dealer in M or C 🥹

Even at BM when I expressed my interest in the IS300h F-Sport, the SE didn’t come back to me with any trade in value. I’m guessing he got the same response.. that no dealer wanted my car so he didn’t come back to me 🤣

so yeah, for practical car buyers, please buy Toyota Lexus BMW Merc Audi.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Tried to reply to Rickster as I share his experience with resale of off-beat cars.. but somehow MCF doesn’t allow me to publish my post.

I’m not looking to sell my car.

But in such current interesting times where trade in prices are high, my friends were all discussing how much their trade in value is, with quotes from the sgcm competitors M and C as reference.

I didn’t receive any quote from any dealer in M or C 🥹

Even at BM when I expressed my interest in the IS300h F-Sport, the SE didn’t come back to me with any trade in value. I’m guessing he got the same response.. that no dealer wanted my car so he didn’t come back to me 🤣

so yeah, for practical car buyers, please buy Toyota Lexus BMW Merc Audi.

Just curious, mind sharing what's your ride ?

@Shouyi 

AF I think.....unless bro Theo changed again. Lately I was also looking at Stelvio but just could not overlook the analogue dials.

Now sure why the debate on X1 and Rav4.

One is for uncle while the other is trying not to be one.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Wonder what’s the plan to replace the outgoing 318i? Bringing in the same x1 122hp engine to market as 316i? 

G20 LCI lo

Same ole super detuned B48 for 318

18 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

Just curious, mind sharing what's your ride ?

I drive the Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce.

The brand that no dealer wants.. literally

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Sad 1