But remember ah, NOT SAME PATIENT!!  DIFFERENT patient

AMybe this dr my kaki, giving me business

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, RadX said:

cna start new lah

But remember ah, NOT SAME PATIENT!!  DIFFERENT patient

AMybe this dr my kaki, giving me business

boss, wanna edit subject header or not?

Dr certifed Patients death wrongly 4 times...

i read the article quickly and seems like he gave wrong cause of death right (when patients were already dead)?

Your header -- i not PhD in inklish hor -- suggests he wrongly certified patients to be dead (when they were not)...

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

i read the article quickly and seems like he gave wrong cause of death right (when patients were already dead)?

Your header -- i not PhD in inklish hor -- suggests he wrongly certified patients to be dead (when they were not)...

it worked

i drew your attention wat hahhahaha

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

nah better??

dun pedandik like @BenTong

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, RadX said:

it worked

i drew your attention wat hahhahaha

yah, i after lunch eyes cannot stay open'ed -- that's the good thing of WFH -- so browse this. Very attention-seeking... tot got some patient was like... 4 times lucky 🤣

• Haha! 2

Changed the title (again) to better reflect what the article is all about. And this is the culprit. 

ym-kwan-040620.jpg?itok=dRPsBTmE&timesta

SINGAPORE - A doctor has been struck off the Register of Medical Practitioners for wrongly certifying the cause of death. This is the fourth time he has been found guilty of doing this.

On March 17, 2013, following a call from the dead person's mother, Dr Kwan Kah Yee went to the home of the dead person, who had been found face down on the mattress in the master bedroom.

This was after the person had been declared dead by paramedics. The police had also been called in.

Dr Kwan declared that the death was caused by ischaemic heart disease and that the condition had started three years before.

After an examination, he told the police that the bruises over the person's neck, chest and upper limb were consistent with his diagnosis.

In June that year, the police wrote to the Singapore Medical Council (SMC). As a result, the watchdog lodged a complaint against the doctor with the chairman of the Complaints Committee in November 2013.

Some 5½ years later, in May last year, Dr Kwan was served with a notice of inquiry.

Dr Kwan, who is in his late 60s, pleaded guilty to wrongfully certifying the cause of death.

During the course of the inquiry, he claimed that a police officer had handed him a report from National University Hospital (NUH) stating that the dead person had been treated for ischaemic heart disease. But investigations proved this to be a lie, as there had been no such report nor had the person been treated at NUH.

Dr Kwan then said he had been told by the dead person's mother that the dead person had had non-specific weakness, which he said supported his diagnosis.

But the disciplinary tribunal did not accept this, as Dr Kwan had earlier written that the mother had "incoherent speech and medical condition of vascular dementia".

The tribunal said that a doctor should obtain clinical and medical information to verify the cause of death, or refer the case to a coroner if there is insufficient information.

"The issuance of false death certificate is a very grave breach of a doctor's ethical and professional duties," it said, adding that such behaviour is sufficiently egregious to amount to professional misconduct.

Dr Kwan, a former medical director of Ren Ci Hospital, had twice previously been suspended and fined - also for wrongly certifying the cause of death. He was no longer with the hospital when the offences were committed.

In 2009, he had also certified a person's death as due to ischaemic heart disease, which he said the person had been suffering from for six years. The person's daughter lodged a complaint following problems with an insurance claim.

The disciplinary committee found that Dr Kwan "had effectively plucked from the air a figure of six years for the patient's alleged ischaemic heart disease".

He was suspended for three months and fined $5,000 in 2011 for the offence.

The second time he was hauled before a disciplinary committee was for two similar offences that had taken place in March 2010 and March 2011.

In October 2014, he was suspended for three months for each offence, with the two suspensions running concurrently.

Finding the penalty too lenient, the SMC appealed to the Court of Three Judges, which in July 2015 increased Dr Kwan's suspension to 18 months for each offence, with the suspension to run consecutively, resulting in a total suspension of three years. He also had to pay the SMC $6,000 in legal costs.

The Court of Three Judges said unnatural deaths need to be investigated, and in a rare move referred the case to the Attorney-General, resulting in a nine-month jail term for Dr Kwan in July 2016.

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

smlj doctor

Yours will be “Victoria secret “ asphyxiation 

• Haha! 5

(edited)
10 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yours will be “Victoria secret “ asphyxiation 

that one proper term is die cock stand

273f5cfa58d207be6ada3d114a6ed1e3.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
(edited)

Alamak struck off already.

I would hire him to certify my MIL going of natural causes like heart disease even if there are bruises over the her neck, chest and upper limbs.

That means someone will hold my MIL arms and chest while another person will put both hands around her neck and squeeze.

:grin:

This is the kind of doctor I have been looking for quite a while now.

@kobayashiGT please don't forget to erase this post when it comes out in the news hor. Thank you very much. I will make a big donation to your car next upgrading project.

How about a bit of extra horse power under the bonnet? Something like this ok?

image.png.be5ab92bee4dc5a162e84b2ef0e2e682.png 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
(edited)

Can the good doctor appeal against being struck off?

And during the appeal can he practice for say one more time certifying one last death due to natural causes?

I will not be claiming insurance so there will be no complaints from me.

In fact I will cancelling her 1 million $ policy just before she does.

As there is nothing more suspicious than someone going just after you renew the policy and doubling the amount to 2 million $.

This way the insurance company will be very happy I cancelled the policy just before her very unfortunate demise of very natural causes naturally. 

:grin:

If can practice during appeal I don't mind making a sizable donation to his appeal fund to make the doctor more appealing.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
30 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Why always  ischaemic  heart  disease not other reason? 

Common mah!

Hypersonic

Just when you thought all hope was gone and a thread like this pops up. 

Bruises on neck chest and arms and certify death as natural causes. 

It's just make my heart feel all warm again. 

:D

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

that one proper term is die cock stand

273f5cfa58d207be6ada3d114a6ed1e3.jpg

Many will Q behind her . . . and wait for juice to overflow 

↡ Advertisement