Should I claim total loss or pay 8k out of own pocket for repair?

tubbies

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With 1.6k excess, he has to pay 8.6k rather than 8k.

With both front and rear suspension bang, i rather claim total loss.  

Agreed... it’s a better option then to stick with nego for a better price for full claim...take the money to start afresh and drive safe for the next three years. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

24 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

All the best bro for ur outcome.. do let us know ur final cost after repair at ur workshop.. After Singapore pools open, I will pray for u but can bless the bros here with ur 4 lucky numbers oso...hha kidding. hope all goes well for u

I concur...red car no less...huat ah!!!

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Adrianli said:

There are signs of impact on front and rear wheels. So I think there are more damage undercarriage.

Just like this Mercedes who ran over a kerb on Friday. All looks good on the surface but undercarriage gone. All fluids drained instantly and had to be towed. Painful and expensive lesson for the driver.

Reveal hidden contents

20200614_103146.thumb.jpg.fcf931eb6babaa90f6575b00dc2ecab2.jpg

Video of how it happened. 

That kerb is in a very zek ark location.... why is there a need to have a kerb there???

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, flashbang said:

That kerb is in a very zek ark location.... why is there a need to have a kerb there???

To protect the pedestrian?

The kerb was previously painted but it faded off during CB and has been ignored. I have already feedback to LTA on the kerb after this incident. The kerb was meant to be there temporary as they were re-aligning the road for the NSC project. But all works shutdown due to Covid-19.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Adrianli said:

There are signs of impact on front and rear wheels. So I think there are more damage undercarriage.

Just like this Mercedes who ran over a kerb on Friday. All looks good on the surface but undercarriage gone. All fluids drained instantly and had to be towed. Painful and expensive lesson for the driver.

Hide contents

20200614_103146.thumb.jpg.fcf931eb6babaa90f6575b00dc2ecab2.jpg

Video of how it happened. 

Omg where is this?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 6/13/2020 at 3:52 PM, Apple-Tree said:

Aiya, new air bag laa..... after overseas.  New one, I think hard to get ex-stock in SG ba ??

Sungei Tengah, you mean scrapyard ah ?  Usually, my car, insurance get new part one lor, they don't use this kind of part ba ?  Ownself repair can lor.

usually? You mean blew your air bag so many times ? How did you do that? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

(edited)
9 hours ago, flashbang said:

Agree, they should have placed  something more visible on top of the curb.

But that the merce was taking a bit too far left  when making that turn , though he was  not wrong.

The gushing water  likely came from the wipper water tank as most of the merce have the tank mounted quite low down.

Edited by Ct3833

24 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Agree, they should have placed  something more visible on top of the curb.

But that the merce was taking a bit too far left  when making that turn , though he was  not wrong.

The gushing water  likely came from the wipper water tank as most of the merce have the tank mounted quite low down.

Many SG drivers like to take as wide a turn as possible one. Duno why

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Y the lane so wide still turn until like that? 

Eyes were probably looking at the painted double yellow lines. 

Just like sometimes you park at a corner lot and offset to one side, the next car that comes to park next to you die die must cosy up with you. 

Some people just drive by the numbers and visual cues and don't react situationally. 

23 minutes ago, Genes said:

Many SG drivers like to take as wide a turn as possible one. Duno why

All have secret desires to be container truck drivers.... 

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

usually? You mean blew your air bag so many times ? How did you do that? 

Hmmm ........ I never blew air bag before one.  Got 1 time I need to change Clockspring, so read up on Airbag lor. Explosive Device wor ....

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

The driver still took the object on the ground n placed it by the side.. nice gesture though he caught himself in a bad situation cause of it

It could be a part that was detached from his car😅😅 

On 6/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, tubbies said:

I just have this feeling that the insurance is going to con me and my car is not really tt bad.11B15B6A-BD73-40C7-A410-5B27B01C0F0B.thumb.jpeg.2201ae84b0a21c81d8582324ddaedf83.jpeg47397516-8A1A-4359-9FF0-0310D0E512A3.thumb.jpeg.b1b7d3b488bc5e99e2a5fbd184174327.jpeg13CB6CDF-6591-4B33-8A9C-7A21019D7403.thumb.jpeg.e808a690ff24b565c246f70f09ab9ed9.jpeg5AE34B10-52E6-4EE1-A36C-3FA5947D21D0.thumb.jpeg.b7741a1d28a2fcca82ee14ff2f38f61c.jpeg6C3B5900-39F0-4FA7-AE65-F8988B7767C5.thumb.jpeg.6d21a15cb45a41a5727604e89d5510e8.jpeg21FA5413-3337-48F5-9DEE-12B5DE8841E7.thumb.jpeg.f4fb21755103e729b21505a5dee52415.jpeg

I feel that what damage is visible is cheap to fix - some panel beating, body filler and respray. Major replacement here would be the front grille (probably cheap) and the front left headlight (probably not cheap). 

Under the chassis will be worse, based on the positions of your front and rear wheels its not a tree that you hit but a kerb that you mounted. The front wheel has positive camber so that's at least the front Macpherson strut, bent. But it would be rare that is the only bent thing - your front subframe or the shock tower may have been tweaked as well. Same thing goes for the rear. 

I would be interested to see the undercarriage, when you get those photos. 

(edited)

Just go kpkb with insuran for a couple K more, take the $$$ and zao. Why waste time running around workshop see this see that? 
This is just going to bring you more anguish. Car won't love you back one. 

Cash in hand now can just sit and wait. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 5

10 hours ago, Dannnn said:

Omg where is this?

No need to know where lah. I share the incident just to highlight that no one will know the condition of the car or how severe the damage just by looking at the surface.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Adrianli said:

No need to know where lah. I share the incident just to highlight that no one will know the condition of the car or how severe the damage just by looking at the surface.

ya internal injury cannot see de..

Take for example a bang to the front or rear bumper.. this soft bumper can at times bounced back to original shape after impact.. But behind the bumper there some frame and other component maybe injured liao.. cannot see without removing the bumper..

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Apple-Tree said:

Hmmm ........ I never blew air bag before one.  Got 1 time I need to change Clockspring, so read up on Airbag lor. Explosive Device wor ....

If airbag come out, can don't replace airbag and then pass inspection? 

↡ Advertisement