2018 / 2021 (Facelift) 4th Generation Hyundai Santa Fe

Carbon82

14 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Nice!!:wub:

2021 Santa Fe Facelift

Hyundai-Santa_Fe-2021-1600-06.jpg

the 2nd grille looks v spacey or futuristic which is an admirable attempt, cant say its my taste though... but looking forward to more tech put into mainstream cars in the budget segment.... 

↡ Advertisement

Look beyond the surface and you will realized that this facelifted Santa Fe is actually sitting on a brand new platform and come with hybrid option!

hyundai_santa_fe_hybrid_9_02dd030714870d

hyundai_santa_fe_hybrid_60_02b20288151e0

hyundai_santa_fe_hybrid_4.jpg

Hyundai Motor has revealed first images and videos of the new Santa Fe. The enhanced version of Hyundai's flagship SUV in Europe offers a range of premium updates and new hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains. In addition, it will be the first Hyundai vehicle in Europe to utilise the company's all-new third-generation vehicle platform, resulting in improved performance, efficiency and safety.

These enhancements arrive just in time for the 20th anniversary of Hyundai's longest-running SUV. Sold in Europe since 2001, the D-segment SUV has been praised for its comfort and roominess, comprehensive standard features and functional cabin design. The latest series of improvements makes the new Santa Fe an even more premium choice for its customers. As well as offering the option of a hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrain for the first time, the new Santa Fe features a bold and distinctive new design as well as a range of new technology and safety features.

"We modernized the New Santa Fe with premium features and appealing aesthetics that are sure to add value," said SangYup Lee, Executive Vice President and Global Head of Hyundai Design Center. "The bold lines that extend from one side to the other and from front to back give Santa Fe a rugged yet refined look that SUV customers want. Besides, we have added numerous features and functions to create a truly family-focused SUV that is a pleasure to drive."

"With the range of new features, the new Santa Fe further progresses as a premium vehicle," says Andreas-Christoph Hofmann, Vice President Marketing and Product at Hyundai Motor Europe. "It once again shows that we are listening to our customers and are constantly providing the latest features to serve their needs. This is also the case regarding our powertrain line-up. With the introduction of our new Santa Fe, our whole SUV line-up will be available with electrified versions ranging from hybrid solutions to fuel cell."

A bold new design for a distinctive look

The new Hyundai Santa Fe exterior design makes a unique statement in the SUV segment, combining rugged presence and sophistication. The striking front end design stands out through its distinctive wide grille shape, embracing the main headlamp units. The accentuated 3D pattern of the grille mesh emphasizes its robust character. Unique, eye-catching T-shaped LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) create an unmistakable signature graphic and also reveal the turn signal as dual function.

On the lower bumper, the robust skid plate embraces the lower air intake, forming a clamp shape and visually supporting the main grille architecture. To complete the powerful presence of the front end, the corners are dominated by vertically-oriented aerodynamic inlets that improve air flow efficiency and strengthen the upright and robust impression.

Wider wheel arch claddings and new alloy wheel designs, including a 20-inch option, reinforce the strong character of the new Santa Fe. At the rear, the new taillight design with horizontally-stretched graphics visually reinforces the width of the body. A red reflector band has been added to connect the taillights. To achieve harmony and refinement, the designers shaped the rear bumper fascia with focus on achieving a calmer, more sophisticated rear end design. This underlines the wide stance and strength of the vehicle. Through its exterior design, the new Santa Fe demonstrates the maturity and confidence which reflect the premium qualities of Hyundai.

New Luxury Package for a more premium feel

For the first time in a Hyundai vehicle, the new Santa Fe also offers an optional Luxury Package for an even more sophisticated feel. The trim's exterior includes a dedicated 20-inch wheel design and front and back lower bumpers and side cladding which match the body paint colour, rather than matte black.

New, premium interior design options

The new Hyundai Santa Fe interior now provides more space, comfort, and convenience compared to the previous model. It takes the car to a new level of luxury with every component finished in premium soft-touch materials. It features a new lower dashboard design, a redesigned centre console and a new 10.25-inch AVN touchscreen. The new floating centre console with shift-by-wire buttons is connected to the crash pad in a smooth curve. For the first time, the new Santa Fe comes with a Terrain Mode selector: a control knob located in the centre console to conveniently switch between different drive modes.

The buttons are all centered for intuitive and ergonomic use. From the driver's seat, everything is within easy reach. The cupholder can be closed when not in use and the tray under the console provides additional storage space. The premium interior updates are rounded off by a new 12.3-inch fully digital cluster.

More efficient and new electrified powertrains

Following the popularity of the Kona Electric and Hybrid, Hyundai's best-selling subcompact SUV, Hyundai expands its electrified SUV line-up to its flagship SUV in Europe. The new Santa Fe is the first Hyundai in Europe to go on sale with the new 'Smartstream' hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrain. More information on the new Santa Fe powertrain line-up will be released in the near future.

New platform for a better performance and improved safety

The new Hyundai Santa Fe is the first Hyundai model in Europe and first Hyundai SUV globally based on the all-new third-generation Hyundai vehicle platform. The new platform allows for significant improvements in performance, handling, fuel efficiency and safety.

By featuring a system that controls the flow of air, the new platform improves air movement through the engine bay and allows heat to dissipate. This enhances stability in the lower part of the vehicle. Vehicle stability is further enhanced by the lowered position of heavy equipment within the platform, which reduces weight and lowers the centre of gravity. Aerodynamics have also been improved so that air resistance is minimised to deliver excellent fuel efficiency, power and driving performance.

The fixed points for the steering arms have been positioned closer to the middle of the front wheels, allowing for more agile handling. Meanwhile, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance is improved through reinforced sound-absorbing systems in vibration-sensitive parts.

The new platform also brings with it significant improvements in collision safety, thanks to improvements in engineering. Through the use of a multi-load path structure, hot stamping, and the integration of a super high-tensile steel plate, the platform will enable the car to better absorb the impact in the event of a collision while at the same time minimising the deformation of the passenger space.

The new Hyundai Santa Fe will be available in Europe starting September 2020.

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

Very beautiful.  Especially the interior make all the Japanese car interior look so boring and outdated. 

Trouble with this Santa Fe is that the price is very high, think the current version goes between $142 to $165k list price. $142k still palatable but the higher end version is more than $20k+ more, don't know what extra feature warrants such a higher price other than sunroof?

This model is a direct competitor of Sorento who seems to be more well received?

• Praise 4

I wonder how heavy this Santa Fe hybrid can get with the additional battery pack and motor. It will most likely weigh over 2 tons easy (kerb weight). Efficiency wise I think will be bog down by weight. 

But I have to say the Sorento looks a lot nicer. See more Sorento than Santa Fe on the roads.

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Trouble with this Santa Fe is that the price is very high, think the current version goes between $142 to $165k list price. $142k still palatable but the higher end version is more than $20k+ more, don't know what extra feature warrants such a higher price other than sunroof?

This model is a direct competitor of Sorento who seems to be more well received?

Yeah... really don't know why the price is so high... it wasn't like until this current model... I think this new model will cost even more...

The centre console is buttons galore... with all the tech and features, that photo of the console must be for the option with everything thrown in... very intimidating place to be in for a new driver... ha ha ha...

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I wonder how heavy this Santa Fe hybrid can get with the additional battery pack and motor. It will most likely weigh over 2 tons easy (kerb weight). Efficiency wise I think will be bog down by weight. 

But I have to say the Sorento looks a lot nicer. See more Sorento than Santa Fe on the roads.

Cos Sorento cheaper... Santa Fe can cost up to $20,000 more depending on options... and also don't have diesel... for something so heavy as you rightly pointed out, need the muscle of diesel to move it quickly from standstill... otherwise the fuel consumption in our start stop traffic will resemble that of a Ferrari...

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

he centre console is buttons galore... with all the tech and features, that photo of the console must be for the option with everything thrown in... very intimidating place to be in for a new driver... ha ha ha...

Console for entry level looks equally good. 

Hyundai-Santa_Fe-2021-1600-1c.jpg

Just a 2 more analogue style buttons compared to the top of line version. 

Hyundai-Santa_Fe-2021-1600-1b.jpg

And are significantly better than the current version. 

Hyundai-Santa_Fe-2019-1600-4c.jpg

• Praise 8

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

The centre console is buttons galore... with all the tech and features, that photo of the console must be for the option with everything thrown in... very intimidating place to be in for a new driver... ha ha ha...

If I were to jump into a car, I will be more intimidated by a screen than a buttons galore.

You need time to learn the UI, explore the menus, try the various functions, and need to remember how to access that function when you need it again. And when you are driving when you need to take your eyes off the road for an extended time...plain dangerous. 

For buttons, just look at the description and you will understand in a jiffy. Next time you need it, just glance and prod. 

I am ok with the screen being a source of information, but to delve into the menus to change fan speed or temp or radio channel is silly.

My cynical mind tells me that nice buttons are more expensive to engineer and manufacture compared to a screen, hence the industry wide adoption. 

Kudos to Hyundai for recognising that and moving away from total reliance on the screen.

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The digital instrument cluster is also much improved from the current cluster. I like this.

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

If I were to jump into a car, I will be more intimidated by a screen than a buttons galore.

You need time to learn the UI, explore the menus, try the various functions, and need to remember how to access that function when you need it again. And when you are driving when you need to take your eyes off the road for an extended time...plain dangerous. 

For buttons, just look at the description and you will understand in a jiffy. Next time you need it, just glance and prod. 

I am ok with the screen being a source of information, but to delve into the menus to change fan speed or temp or radio channel is silly.

My cynical mind tells me that nice buttons are more expensive to engineer and manufacture compared to a screen, hence the industry wide adoption. 

Kudos to Hyundai for recognising that and moving away from total reliance on the screen.

You are absolutely right about the UI. It simply isn't something you can jump in and master from the get go at the touch of a fingertip. 

Case in point; I was seriously considering the Volvo XC40 T4, but a simple action of changing the cabin temperature requires diving into the central screen. Yes, it's not like I had to go into 50 sub menus to perform that, but it was still cumbersome enough to put me off, despite how much I liked the rest of that car.

Call me a laggard, old school or a knob. but I would adjust the air-con with knobs and buttons any day, thank you very much. 

• Praise 3

Santa Fe hybrid

Hyundai has revealed first images and videos of the new Santa Fe. The enhanced version of Hyundai's flagship SUV in Europe offers a range of premium updates and new hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains.

The new Santa Fe will aslo be the first Hyundai vehicle in Europe to utilise the company's all new third-generation vehicle platform, resulting in improved performance, efficiency and safety.

These enhancements arrive just in time for the 20th anniversary of Hyundai's longest-running SUV. Sold in Europe since 2001, the D-segment SUV has been praised for its comfort and roominess, comprehensive standard features and functional cabin design.

The latest series of improvements makes the new Santa Fe an even more premium choice for its customers. Beyond offering the option of a hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrain for the first time, the new Santa Fe features a bold and distinctive new design, as well as a range of new technology and safety features.

The new Santa Fe exterior design makes a unique statement in the SUV segment, combining rugged presence and sophistication. The striking front end design stands out through its distinctive wide grille shape, embracing the main headlamp units.

On the lower bumper, the robust skid plate embraces the lower air intake, forming a clamp shape and visually supporting the main grille architecture. To complete the powerful presence of the front end, the corners are dominated by vertically-oriented aerodynamic inlets that improve air flow efficiency and strengthen the upright and robust impression. Wider wheel arch claddings and new alloy wheel designs, including a 20-inch option, reinforce the strong character of the new Santa Fe.

For the first time in a Hyundai vehicle, the new Santa Fe also offers an optional Luxury Package for an even more sophisticated feel. The trim's exterior includes a dedicated 20-inch wheel design, as well as front and back lower bumpers and side cladding which match the body paint colour, rather than matte black.

The new Santa Fe interior now provides more space, comfort, and convenience compared to the previous model. It takes the car to a new level of luxury, with every component finished in premium soft-touch materials.

It features a new lower dashboard design, a redesigned centre console and a new 10.25-inch AVN touchscreen. For the first time, the new Santa Fe comes with a Terrain Mode selector - a control knob located in the centre console to conveniently switch between different drive modes. The buttons are all centered for intuitive and ergonomic use. From the driver's seat, everything is within easy reach. The premium interior updates are rounded off by a new 12.3-inch fully digital cluster.

Following the popularity of the Kona Electric and Hybrid, Hyundai's best-selling subcompact SUV, Hyundai is also expanding its electrified SUV lineup to its flagship SUV in Europe. The new Santa Fe is thus the first Hyundai in Europe to go on sale with the new 'Smartstream' hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrain. More information on the new Santa Fe powertrain lineup will be released in the near future.

The new Santa Fe rests atop Hyundai's new third-generation Hyundai vehicle platform and which improves air movement through the engine bay and allows heat to dissipate while wnhancing stability in the lower part of the vehicle. The fixed points for the steering arms have been positioned closer to the middle of the front wheels, allowing for more agile handling.

Meanwhile, noise, vibration and harshness performance has been improved through reinforced sound-absorbing systems in vibration-sensitive parts. Through the use of a multi-load path structure, hot stamping, and the integration of a super high-tensile steel plate, the platform will enable the car to better absorb the impact in the event of a collision while at the same time minimising the deformation of the passenger space.

Hyundai-Santa_Fe-2021-1024-05.thumb.jpg.c3422d55018a35971fbab946bb8c6f2b.jpg

current

12350_g36_b.jpg.d24edca95b0a03307cf29d75618ec8c6.jpg

23217_6_l.thumb.jpg.11024e9c621c5fd49d51998e92788110.jpg

current

12350_g4_b.jpg.8a3eb20c6a7f9595e39ceb9b6f00a05c.jpg

Hyundai-Santa_Fe-2021-1024-1c.thumb.jpg.3f60f4daa15963e2f1d83995b64d20ad.jpg

current

12350_g47_b.jpg.190192aed609e0650af7066a918d2a5d.jpg

for someone with trypophobia, the holes in the grills are making my hair stand

not sure if already posted, if yes mod pls help delete

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=23217

On 6/8/2020 at 12:48 PM, Carbon82 said:

Aiyoh, the entry level one is silver - when driving in the sun, the glare from the reflection would be impossible... the top trim console colour is definitely better for driving... 

On 6/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, iamahbee said:

The digital instrument cluster is also much improved from the current cluster. I like this.

You are absolutely right about the UI. It simply isn't something you can jump in and master from the get go at the touch of a fingertip. 

Case in point; I was seriously considering the Volvo XC40 T4, but a simple action of changing the cabin temperature requires diving into the central screen. Yes, it's not like I had to go into 50 sub menus to perform that, but it was still cumbersome enough to put me off, despite how much I liked the rest of that car.

Call me a laggard, old school or a knob. but I would adjust the air-con with knobs and buttons any day, thank you very much. 

True true! Knobs and buttons anytime... and I rather rotary knobs compared to buttons also... same same old school but very effective...

Wow, 1.6L petrol hybrid with 227 horsepower and 350Nm torque, ideal combination for our engine capacity based road tax system! [thumbsup]

Hyundai introduced the new Santa Fe earlier this month, and now the company has released details about its engine lineup.

In Europe, there will be a hybrid variant that features a turbocharged 1.6-liter petrol engine, a 59 hp (44 kW / 60 PS) electric motor and a 1.49 kWh lithium-ion battery. This will give the crossover a combined output of 227 hp (169 kW / 230 PS) and 258 lb-ft (350 Nm) of torque.

A plug-in hybrid variant will arrive next year with the same 1.6-liter turbo engine. However, it will have a 13.8 kWh lithium-ion battery and a more powerful electric motor that develops 90 hp (67 kW / 91 PS). The model will be available exclusively with all-wheel drive, and have a combined output of 261 hp (195 kW / 265 PS) and 258 lb-ft (350 Nm) of torque.

On the diesel side, there will be a 2.2-liter Smartstream engine which features an aluminum block that enables it to weigh 43 lbs (19.5 kg) less than its predecessor. The engine has also a new camshaft and an upgraded fuel injection system.

Thanks to these changes, the four-cylinder will produce 199 hp (149 kW / 202 PS) and 324 lb-ft (440 Nm) of torque. It will be connected to a new eight-speed dual-clutch transmission which provides improved acceleration and better fuel efficiency.

Besides revealing powertrain details, Hyundai provided more information about the Santa Fe’s platform. While the model looks like a simple facelift, Hyundai says it rides on an all-new platform and this allows for “significant improvements in performance, handling, fuel efficiency and safety.”

In particular, Hyundai says the fixed points for the steering arms have been positioned closer to the middle of the front wheels for more agile handling. The architecture also uses a multi-load path structure, hot stamping and a super high-tensile steel plate to better absorb impacts and minimize deformation of the passenger space in the event of a collision.

The platform also has a lower center of gravity and unspecified weight savings. That’s on top of a more comfortable driving experience thanks to “reinforced sound-absorbing systems in vibration-sensitive parts.”

The new platform allows the Santa Fe to be a tad roomier as there’s an additional 1.2 inches (3 cm) of second-row legroom and an extra 1.6 inches (4 cm) of third-row legroom. Buyers will also find a more accommodating cargo compartment.

While the Santa Fe can be equipped with a familiar all-wheel drive system, there’s a new Terrain Mode selector with sand, snow, mud, eco, sport and comfort modes. The model can also be equipped with an optional smart driving mode which recognizes your driving style and automatically selects the appropriate mode for you.

The first three modes are self-explanatory, but Hyundai says sport mode improves acceleration by distributing up to 50 percent of torque to the rear wheels. Comfort mode favors stability, while eco mode saves fuel by being front-wheel drive only.

Lastly, the Santa Fe comes with a host of driver assistance systems including Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Warning, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Safe Exit Assist, Blind-Spot View Monitor, Lane Following Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist.

The big news is Highway Driving Assist which is available on the Santa Fe for the first time. It uses the Lane Following Assist and Smart Cruise Control systems to keep the vehicle centered in its lane and traveling at an appropriate speed.

Another new addition is the Reverse Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist system. It uses a rearview camera and ultrasonic sensors to detect obstacles when reversing. When an obstacle is detected, it will warn the driver and apply the brakes if necessary.

The crossover can also be equipped with Remote Smart Parking Assist – or “Smaht Pahk” – which enables owners to use their key to move the Santa Fe forward or backward. This can be used for entering or exiting tight parking spaces.

• Praise 8

Wow that engine sounds good! It was mentioned got weight savings... I wonder if the hybrid system ate up all those weight savings? Interesting to compare the kerb weight of this model versus the previous one...

↡ Advertisement