Jump to content
Mkl22

To Register a car after importing

Recommended Posts

I think this is the longest gap i have seen from a manufactured year till the date of registration.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=904171&DL=1000

that is abut 6years. i assume that it was brought in latest sometime in 2010. unless it is a used import, then maybe by 2012-2013?

I wonder how long can one keep the car stored without registering. I do not think there is a limit. meaning that as long as you have a private property to store it and pay customs duty and GST, you can park it and store. only when you want to register, ARF and COE comes into play

However now we have VES, and how does it come into play. Assuming the car was stored till now, meaning a 2009 car has to abide by 2020 emission standards of VES? or since it was made in 2009 VES does not apply?

anyone?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I think this is the longest gap i have seen from a manufactured year till the date of registration.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=904171&DL=1000

that is abut 6years. i assume that it was brought in latest sometime in 2010. unless it is a used import, then maybe by 2012-2013?

I wonder how long can one keep the car stored without registering. I do not think there is a limit. meaning that as long as you have a private property to store it and pay customs duty and GST, you can park it and store. only when you want to register, ARF and COE comes into play

However now we have VES, and how does it come into play. Assuming the car was stored till now, meaning a 2009 car has to abide by 2020 emission standards of VES? or since it was made in 2009 VES does not apply?

anyone?

The COE in the ad is $40199. Went to search for the COE price @2015 and the prices are much higher. All above 50k.

The last price as that level was 2011 May and before. Interestingly, there isn't a 40199 all the way to 2010. Closest is $41000 Open Cat in June 2010.

So i suspect that this car is a 2010 registered with COE renewed in 2020 march hence left with 4 years 10 months COE....

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever the case, 6.8k for a COE car of this size may not worth the value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the Norm to import such car of lower cc and considering COE, Import tax get etc not paid, thought it the other way round to declare first to LTA car type to be imported ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
7 hours ago, Old-driver said:

The COE in the ad is $40199. Went to search for the COE price @2015 and the prices are much higher. All above 50k.

The last price as that level was 2011 May and before. Interestingly, there isn't a 40199 all the way to 2010. Closest is $41000 Open Cat in June 2010.

So i suspect that this car is a 2010 registered with COE renewed in 2020 march hence left with 4 years 10 months COE....

There is OPC rebate of 17k.

May 2015 COE should be about 57k thereabouts, so that is truthful.

But it is really puzzling why a PI wants to keep a Fit, of all cars for that long. The car would be in bad condition by then.

And look at its 5k ARF, which suggests presence of CEVS. It cannot be registered in 2010, for that there is no COE low enough then to eat into ARF and when there is a 57k coe, OPC rebate offsets COE then ARF.

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Whichever the case, 6.8k for a COE car of this size may not worth the value.

From what I have said above, I believe unless this person is a relative of the dealer that tried to sell a $6280 Getz for $62800 and is such an idiot, I believe this is very old ex stock and not a COE car.

Nowadays, COE car command 6k depre (Fit or Vios) 😒. Buying used within 10 year old cars makes more sense. 

If there is a genuine buyer for this very old ex stock car, in this situation, he could offer 25k or maybe 28k. That would be about 5k for OPC. Not cheap, but decent enough with high paper value.

 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×