Any gamers here? PS5 launch

VteckiCk

2 hours ago, VteckiCk said:

960.jpg.a1acbae4aafdad4a3a15d1b06ceaacb7.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/games/live/2020/jun/11/sony-reveals-the-playstation-5

PS5 announced? no pricing yet? finally i can afford my PS4:yuush:

1st gen normally got a lot problem. Dun buy. Lol.

anyway got the news first thing this morning. Super excited on demon souls remake and sad that re8 is sticking to fps. 

I might buy the first gen for demon souls.

10 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

SGD1k?

If GT7 is good, I might build another rig with VR. 

Ps consoles seldom reach 1k when launch. If it does, The price drops very quickly. Sony is known to sell their consoles at a loss and makes money from Blu-ray, games and membership.

I got bored after gt6 so never try gt sport. AI is crappy and network is laggy. still love the series though. Hopefully gt7 will be good for online. 

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Ps consoles seldom reach 1k when launch. If it does, The price drops very quickly. Sony is known to sell their consoles at a loss and makes money from Blu-ray, games and membership.

I got bored after gt6 so never try gt sport. AI is crappy and network is laggy. still love the series though. Hopefully gt7 will be good for online. 

Hav la, ps1 and ps2. Ps1 when first come to sg I think 1.2k.

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Hav la, ps1 and ps2. Ps1 when first come to sg I think 1.2k.

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Launch_price

I'm pretty sure original ps is around 500 to 600 sgd coz I saved up as a student then. I paid around 800 for ps2. Both 1 and 2 are mod so price is slightly higher than launch price. Ps2 was very hard to mod so it cost alot more. It was very problematic and the lens up lorry and I spent another 200 to replace before it failed again. I then bought a ps2 slim at around 250sgd with mod before ps3 came out.

I remember ps3 launch price was the highest among all and cannot mod. I just started to work then, no time to play and only managed to buy the improved version. Sony then reduced the selling price below the cost to fight for the Blu-ray market. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

This the rumoured price saw online. 

FB_IMG_1591966309413.thumb.jpg.c1b2018e5c0fc1c1e2a9d8c829fe71a2.jpg

• Praise 2

Around 2016/2017 I bought a PS4 as a gift for a friend. If I never remember wrongly it cost me agar agar $600+ inclusive of two controllers and maybe one or two games. If the price for PS4 is much lower now I'll consider to buy for myself. Not a fan of chasing after the latest. 

Unless.......... 

FB_IMG_1591959977982.thumb.jpg.5c1eb4da5a69d976f6224ca3914df55f.jpg

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Launch_price

I'm pretty sure original ps is around 500 to 600 sgd coz I saved up as a student then. I paid around 800 for ps2. Both 1 and 2 are mod so price is slightly higher than launch price. Ps2 was very hard to mod so it cost alot more. It was very problematic and the lens up lorry and I spent another 200 to replace before it failed again. I then bought a ps2 slim at around 250sgd with mod before ps3 came out.

I remember ps3 launch price was the highest among all and cannot mod. I just started to work then, no time to play and only managed to buy the improved version. Sony then reduced the selling price below the cost to fight for the Blu-ray market. 

500-600 was official price from Sony. Before that only got imported sets. 

1 hour ago, VteckiCk said:

Should be rumour nia. Official price never announce. Sony n Microsoft both waiting to see who say first, den undercut. 

13 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

500-600 was official price from Sony. Before that only got imported sets. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure no ps launch price is 1k sgd, except for ps3 which I remember is around 850 to 900sgd when launch. Grey import is another case as price is driven by market.

Like I said, price is higher for mod sets. That is to play pirated games. The ah bengs at that time anyhow quote to mod the console so it's important to ask around as the price varies alot.

16 hours ago, VteckiCk said:

I hoping around 499 USD. 😁uk price don't usually follow jp yen and usd exchange rate. 

I would still go for the standard set. Unless the digital set is much cheaper with more storage.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure no ps launch price is 1k sgd, except for ps3 which I remember is around 850 to 900sgd when launch. Grey import is another case as price is driven by market.

Like I said, price is higher for mod sets. That is to play pirated games. The ah bengs at that time anyhow quote to mod the console so it's important to ask around as the price varies alot.

Well, I paid I think 850 for my brand new modded Saturn back then. 1st gen. 

Anyway, off topic. 

Back to GT7

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Shocked 1