SG F1 cancelled liao

kobayashiGT

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Alpha78 said:

D&D and team building is optional, don't hold, just give the money to employees, everyone happy.

Weddings? This is a once in lifetime chance to save the money, hold a Zoom wedding involving close friends and relatives, for them to witness the solemnisation. No need to put up with the nosey relatives asking when you plan to have kids, what house you buy, etc. 😂

Some people might have a very wide network, have many many friends/colleagues/relatives etc to invite, so zoom wedding might not as grand as hotel banquet la.

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

This yr F1 will be this

7A3A0409-5DBB-4A96-A0A6-8E55D2749D0E.jpeg

Very expensive toy for the generation of fossils you know. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

I like F1...so I hope it will remain 🤣

Want and need becomes crucial when we look at bread and butter. I cannot see how F1 brought in more revenue than losses. Intangible gains really very difficult to account for. Maybe we should stop flr 1 year when economy has stabilized to see the real effect.

How to explain to the general public about SIA (as the main sponsor) spending this type of money in this climate? Maybe a blessing in disguise that the event was cancelled by FIA.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Flying_genie said:

How to explain to the general public about SIA (as the main sponsor) spending this type of money in this climate? Maybe a blessing in disguise that the event was cancelled by FIA.

That should be ez as long as there is incoming travellers.

The problem now is all incoming travellers has to go through SHN.  Like that how to attract tourist.

All hotel booked during that period attracts surcharge that is paid to govt.

(edited)

We can have our very own ....  :we-all-gonna-die:

The eight training inside KPE tunnel and many others at various parts of SG .... [drivingcar]

Give them a date and they  will .... :ninja:

:grin:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

(edited)
5 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Want and need becomes crucial when we look at bread and butter. I cannot see how F1 brought in more revenue than losses. Intangible gains really very difficult to account for. Maybe we should stop flr 1 year when economy has stabilized to see the real effect.

Fully booked hotels, lots of $$$ tourist come in, tourism industry huat, events industry huat, restaurants huat, bars huat. And all other relevant related industries tied to these businesses will also gain. Advertising, marketing, down to those part-timers hired to help out over the weekend. Also, plenty of business deals done over the wining/dining F1 weekend. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Fully booked hotels, lots of $$$ tourist come in, tourism industry huat, events industry huat, restaurants huat, bars huat. And all other relevant related industries tied to these businesses will also gain. Advertising, marketing, down to those part-timers hired to help out over the weekend. Also, plenty of business deals done over the wining/dining F1 weekend. 

https://mothership.sg/2016/11/is-the-spore-grand-prix-f1-night-race-a-gigantic-waste-of-money/

What we spent can easily accounted for. How much generated, not all able to substantiate. Disruptions to businesses very clear. We spread climate change but we promote F1, i am also not sure if accident rate increase? Maybe I am no fan so I think differently. 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

you has one more year. Contract ends 2021. 

F1 contract in sg ends next year? Think high chance contact will be extend yet again?!

Just now, 13177 said:

F1 contract in sg ends next year? Think high chance contact will be extend yet again?!

Depends on how much we are willing to pay.

A lot of race organiser in queue now.

What make us special is night race.

Yeah! 

And it took so long to make that decision? Facepalm......

more unemployment ! More members ! Cool!

welcome!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1