Looking to get a Karoq but have some concerns about the Skoda brand and the resale value

Kazman27

5 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

In fact most skoda models fare good review from car reviewers. Even for kodiaq, scala and superb all earn praises

Looking at the newly released facelifted superb for fun n notice that the skoda lineup always very well put together n well built... looks very solid... Features wise oso quite well spec... 

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

i am currently driving a superb. Its been fantastic car with value for money. I have driven bmw F02, F10, w212, rx, a8 camry and harrier, i can tell u that skoda did well against these models. Been driving more than 1.5 yrs, so far car no major issue, touch wood. Love the car and intend to drive another 2-3 yrs which is a record for me as past cars i owned is less than 1.5yrs ownership lol

just saw this bro.. Wah u're a current superb owner n I just anyhow talk abt the Superb to u.. Malu liao haha.. Nice car bro good choice. what r the push factors that made u get the Superb? 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, StreetFight3r said:

just saw this bro.. Wah u're a current superb owner n I just anyhow talk abt the Superb to u.. Malu liao haha.. Nice car bro good choice. what r the push factors that made u get the Superb? 

Ahemm...coz the Superb is superb? Lol. Ok lame joke

• Haha! 4

4 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Its the cheapest 2L turbo sedan and its space almost similar to s class. Boot wise very big, basically cheaper version of arteon. Love the driving and 6 speed wet dsg. The driving feel was slightly similar to my prev w212. Then when u drive the car u will realise it attracts alot attention. Alot stares and in malaysia group of hotel bell boys ask me what brand this car lol 

actually we have whatsapp group chat for superb with over 60 owners. All of them satisfied with the car

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Soya said:

Ahemm...coz the Superb is superb? Lol. Ok lame joke

Somehow its true, they design the car to be superb, very functional and practical car. The boot i think was the biggest among all sedan i ever see. My only regret didn’t get the L&K as L&K packed with more feature and also comes with DCC

design wise at first it looks ugly but the more i see it grows on me lol. Maybe i am bias but its a superb car for me

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Somehow its true, they design the car to be superb, very functional and practical car. The boot i think was the biggest among all sedan i ever see. My only regret didn’t get the L&K as L&K packed with more feature and also comes with DCC

design wise at first it looks ugly but the more i see it grows on me lol. Maybe i am bias but its a superb car for me

Juz curious, is the Sup using the dry or wet 7spd DSG?

1 minute ago, Soya said:

6 speed wet, its old gearbox but creamy and responsive plus have good fc ard 10-11km/l, much better fc than f10 and w212 on same route

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

6 speed wet, its old gearbox but creamy and responsive plus have good fc ard 10-11km/l, much better fc than f10 and w212 on same route

I see. That sounds like the DQ250

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Actually skoda under VW has been selling consistently well. 

just look at the number, its about the same as volvo sales given skoda brand is new to sg after being absent for many years. 

skoda car is basically a vw but with extended wheelbase which offer more legroom and at slightly lower price

i am currently driving a superb. Its been fantastic car with value for money. I have driven bmw F02, F10, w212, rx, a8 camry and harrier, i can tell u that skoda did well against these models. Been driving more than 1.5 yrs, so far car no major issue, touch wood. Love the car and intend to drive another 2-3 yrs which is a record for me as past cars i owned is less than 1.5yrs ownership lol

Just curious, your past cars all seem to be good cars, most of them from the premium segment also. What made you change cars so quickly? 

32 minutes ago, Nyox said:

Just curious, your past cars all seem to be good cars, most of them from the premium segment also. What made you change cars so quickly? 

Backside always itchy lol

and all of them are good cars. Just that feel like trying diff brand lol

2 hours ago, Soya said:

If you see torque is higher than 250nm, it will be wet.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Backside always itchy lol

and all of them are good cars. Just that feel like trying diff brand lol

Wah sei...u and that hantu RadX got fight on who has the freshest underwear

3 hours ago, Soya said:

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

3 hours ago, Soya said:

I see. That sounds like the DQ250

If referring to new Superb, it shd be 7 sp wet.

Supersonic
Just now, badlammy said:

If referring to new Superb, it shd be 7 sp wet.

Sounds like the DQ381 then. Can handle up to 420Nm torque

Turbocharged

Ex Skoda octy owner here. Karoq was my first choice. Value for money and so stylish, but had a long waiting list when I needed a car. So I went for 2nd choice which was a BMW 2gt.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Sounds like the DQ381 then. Can handle up to 420Nm torque

You meant 420nm ONLY, right? 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1