7 Seater Diesel Variants

Donald83

5 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Like that sure u will plonk for the 216gt diesel.

2016/17/18 range. 80k budget should get a decent one.

Try to see those that r on 5yr warranties.

Last time i drove a s80 too. Petrol 2.5cc. Hehe. Drinks. But comfy. And then i changed to a 216gt in 2017. Hehe. 

But bro. Maybe that time i had the size sympdrome. Somehow my kid. Family dun like the last row. So it angered me and i end up trading it after a yr.

But 216 does drives well. Good handling which is surprising for a mpv.

The BMW 1.5L diesel unit totally outclasses those from Renault. I've tried them both.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I love DS cars too. The design outside and inside is simply lovely! U see my avatar? That's a DS5. I used to drive a DS4 and yes, it's really luxurious ride for the price. But the reliability is rock bottom. I dumped mine at 60K mileage when i was before 6 yr old.

So the question is, would you trade all that for a vios or selphy ?

5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

All the compact MPVs are cramped and there's not much leg space for 3rd row. I think till now, the original Toyota Wish has one of the best-thought 3rd row seats. One will have to get the boxy or full-sized MPVs to have more leg space for 3rd row.

my BIL driving a 4 + yo wish. Currently itchy to get an odyssey. He don't want to get Noah.

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

So the question is, would you trade all that for a vios or selphy ?

Er... it think the DS 4 more comparable to a civic/mazda 3 in terms of size and camry/mazda 6 in terms of price & features.

No, i took my chance with another conti, but the interior and exterior looks like SXit when compared to my previous frenchie. 

Edited by Rickster

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Present French car is unlike yesteryear. Renault not included.

And yes, they are more delicate but still good cars.

My friend worked 1 year in UK.

To the brits, if u drive a french car, it's like driving a Proton Bezza here. The assumption is you buy it cos u can't afford anything else. Lol.

And he lived and worked in the manchester/wigan area, a real heartlands kinda area [:p]

• Haha! 2

(edited)

Why not just plump for a pre-owned 2GT.

Honestly 2nd hand Carens/French broads etc. U are really buying something that only has scrap value.
I'd rather buy a Wish.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

my BIL driving a 4 + yo wish. Currently itchy to get an odyssey. He don't want to get Noah.

what's his considerations huh?

i might change to a mpv again also... 😅

but can't decide which to look at...

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

what's his considerations huh?

i might change to a mpv again also... 😅

but can't decide which to look at...

thought u got tucson and the Xtrail?  Why want to change. xtrail is 5+2 right.

Their family is 2A+2C (young) + 1 maid. But both my parents and his parents stay in same estate. So up to 7 seats needed lor. 
Think he gian lor. He does his own business or have coaching equipment, so sometimes he uses it like a van and carry lots of boxes/goods. So a bigger vehicle is not a bad thing for him.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

odyssey better to drive by a little bit i guess. Noah is a bread van. or too many Noah PHVs and he is afraid his door gets opened when he picks family up at the pick up point?

parents drove the old wish from brand new till 10years. was utterly reliable. only engine mounts, rear shocks and valve cover gasket were changed other than the wear and tear like brake pads, tires, battery and maintenance of fluids. @170k km when sold for export. 

thus they bought another brand new wish in 2016.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

odyssey better to drive by a little bit i guess. Noah is a bread van. or too many Noah PHVs and he is afraid his door gets opened when he picks family up at the pick up point?

He probably like me. Can't stand the bread van looks. 

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Rickster said:

My personal experience.

I used to own a Citroen DS4 1.6 THP, it's sufficiently powerful @ 154bhp and very quiet and suspension is really well sorted. Basically, it feels quite luxurious. But that's about all that is good about it.

I service my car regularly and on time with C&C because of warranty. Before I hit 60,000 km mileage @ 5+yr old, these are the things that broke down and needs replacement:

1) Air con compressor died.

2) High pressure fuel pump (the one just before the engine, not the one at the fuel tank) failure. 

3) Door sensor failure (when door open, it will tell u there is a gearbox fault instead of telling the door is open).

4) Cylinder 3 injector failure.

5) Coolant water piping leakage.

6) Radiator cap crack open (How the heck can this happen?!?!)

7) Gearbox mechatronic failure (need to change whole gearbox at $5K+).

8 ) Headlights intermittently jams (the headlight turns according to your steering).

Maybe I got a lemon, but what I can say is, buying a frenchie? The chances of getting a lemon is pretty high, it u ask me.

Maybe one more good thing... my 2 front massage seats never failed! I've been expecting them to fail as there's so many moving parts!

This list is enough to put me off and strike out from my list :). Thanks for sharing

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Like that sure u will plonk for the 216gt diesel.

2016/17/18 range. 80k budget should get a decent one.

Try to see those that r on 5yr warranties.

Last time i drove a s80 too. Petrol 2.5cc. Hehe. Drinks. But comfy. And then i changed to a 216gt in 2017. Hehe. 

But bro. Maybe that time i had the size sympdrome. Somehow my kid. Family dun like the last row. So it angered me and i end up trading it after a yr.

But 216 does drives well. Good handling which is surprising for a mpv.

Actually i love Volvo and my S80 D2 is really good. XC90 is too expensive for me and the used one is a petrol guzzler.

BMW 2 series Gran Tourer don't expect much space in the last row. But my kids only 6 years and 3 years old so they can be at the back. But what about the middle row?

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Donald83 said:

Actually i love Volvo and my S80 D2 is really good. XC90 is too expensive for me and the used one is a petrol guzzler.

BMW 2 series Gran Tourer don't expect much space in the last row. But my kids only 6 years and 3 years old so they can be at the back. But what about the middle row?

S80 D2 is powershift gearbox right? No problems during ownership?

44 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

thought u got tucson and the Xtrail?  Why want to change. xtrail is 5+2 right.

Their family is 2A+2C (young) + 1 maid. But both my parents and his parents stay in same estate. So up to 7 seats needed lor. 
Think he gian lor. He does his own business or have coaching equipment, so sometimes he uses it like a van and carry lots of boxes/goods. So a bigger vehicle is not a bad thing for him.

sigh... when we decided to change the wish to the Xtrail, son was only level with wife, who's just below 1.7. wife sweettalked him into saying on the occasions when we need to go out with my parents, ask him to squeeze in 3rd row...

Since then, in the 1 yr 8 mth (we go the car 2 mth after we signed), now the fella is taller and heavier than me, maybe about your height already... 😅 and he's only sec 3...

so now become need wife to squeeze 3rd row 😂

hence now thinking whether wanna bite bullet get a bigger mpv lor. 

sian...

Hypersonic
5 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I would avoid French and Italian cars at all cost due to the high maintenance cost.

Kia Carens probably fits your bill best - diesel and within $80K for an 18 mth old unit.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=904741&DL=3034

But the drive is going to be different from your Volvo S80.

Mileage is too low, I will be very careful.

It might be a PHV with tuned mileage.

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

He probably like me. Can't stand the bread van looks. 

The one thing i've been sore about Ody is that the 3rd row folds down like a bench, and cannot be like estima folds one-third/two-third...

wife also can't accept triplets' looks from day 1... now stepwagon and serena she at least not so against...

28 minutes ago, Jtis said:

S80 D2 is powershift gearbox right? No problems during ownership?

No problems after owning for 2 years. It's a Jan 2015 registered one and i bought it in Sept 2018

33 minutes ago, Donald83 said:

We drove the first gen FL wish from new, for almost 13 yr. Got it when 2nd child arrived, and we needed to put 2 child seats. The kids grew up with the car, literally.

The compact MPV was perfect for our needs at that time/period.

But i must say that thinking back, compact MPVs aren't the safest, simply cos the 3rd row seats are so near the tailgate. There is almost no room between the 3rd row headrest, and the rear windscreen. 😓

For this reason, i will encourage everyone to get a slightly bigger vehicle if possible - one that at least has a bit of boot space behind the 3rd row. In the event there is anyone kissing from the back, there will be a bit of buffer.

Just my little suggestion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1