7 Seater Diesel Variants

Donald83

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Mileage is too low, I will be very careful.

It might be a PHV with tuned mileage.

you're sharp. and i agree with you. my impression is that people buy diesel if they are likely to travel quite a bit. 5k mileage a year... that's less than 15km a day. ha ha...

my car is just one mth older, and is already very low mileage at ~14k, and this is 8k... really suspicious. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

We drove the first gen FL wish from new, for almost 13 yr. Got it when 2nd child arrived, and we needed to put 2 child seats. The kids grew up with the car, literally.

The compact MPV was perfect for our needs at that time/period.

But i must say that thinking back, compact MPVs aren't the safest, simply cos the 3rd row seats are so near the tailgate. There is almost no room between the 3rd row headrest, and the rear windscreen. 😓

For this reason, i will encourage everyone to get a slightly bigger vehicle if possible - one that at least has a bit of boot space behind the 3rd row. In the event there is anyone kissing from the back, there will be a bit of buffer.

Just my little suggestion.

Great point. If someone rammed into the back that would be unimaginable. Tough decisions and first world problems

2 minutes ago, Donald83 said:

Great point. If someone rammed into the back that would be unimaginable. Tough decisions and first world problems

you hit the nail on the head.

i was hyper careful when driving the wish fully loaded, simply cos of this reason. But we have seen that very often, accidents happen because of other reckless drivers... so if you can afford it - which i'm sure you can since you drive volvo now  😁  -  you might wanna take this into consideration.

3 hours ago, Donald83 said:

On the topic of trading in, so it means that either they let go the MPV at lower price and offer a low trade in price or be firm at MPV price and offer higher trade in price, net result is still the same isn't it?

The benefit of trading in is the dealer will settle everything for me and i can trade in old car/collect new car at the same time. This saves alot of inconvenience

Yes, you got my point right. Thus look at the package price, or you may one to try selling the S80 on your own?

I did the same (giving the AD my ideal package deal) when buying new car, whoever can give me what I want get the deal, and it has been working fine for me for the past few purchase. In short, do your homework (on the pricing and spec).

49 minutes ago, Donald83 said:

Actually i love Volvo and my S80 D2 is really good. XC90 is too expensive for me and the used one is a petrol guzzler.

BMW 2 series Gran Tourer don't expect much space in the last row. But my kids only 6 years and 3 years old so they can be at the back. But what about the middle row?

In short, if you want to fit someone into the 3rd row of the 2GT, there is no space in the 2nd row, and yes, it is that tight. The drive and handling is however beyond my expectation.

21 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

sigh... when we decided to change the wish to the Xtrail, son was only level with wife, who's just below 1.7. wife sweettalked him into saying on the occasions when we need to go out with my parents, ask him to squeeze in 3rd row...

Since then, in the 1 yr 8 mth (we go the car 2 mth after we signed), now the fella is taller and heavier than me, maybe about your height already... 😅 and he's only sec 3...

so now become need wife to squeeze 3rd row 😂

hence now thinking whether wanna bite bullet get a bigger mpv lor. 

sian...

I do a summary for you, basing on your requirement so far.

Honda Stepwagon Spada (~$125K+)

2018_Honda_Stepwgn.jpg

Nissan Serena (~$125K)

12568_g22_b.jpg

Honda Odyssey (~$145K)

11446_g37_b.jpg

Volkswagen Sharan (~$150K)

11056_g54_b.jpg

• Praise 6

18 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Yes, you got my point right. Thus look at the package price, or you may one to try selling the S80 on your own?

I did the same (giving the AD my ideal package deal) when buying new car, whoever can give me what I want get the deal, and it has been working fine for me for the past few purchase. In short, do your homework (on the pricing and spec).

In short, if you want to fit someone into the 3rd row of the 2GT, there is no space in the 2nd row, and yes, it is that tight. The drive and handling is however beyond my expectation.

2018_Honda_Stepwgn.jpg

Nissan Serena (~$125K)

12568_g22_b.jpg

Honda Odyssey (~$145K)

11446_g37_b.jpg

11056_g54_b.jpg

Ody base trim is 137k currently. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

only the kia sorento, i think. but its not a MPV. also the back 2 seats isnt that big. the discontinued Kia Carens 1.7diesel is a 5+2.

Ah Yes. Kia Carens is a collector's item liao .....

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Mileage is too low, I will be very careful.

It might be a PHV with tuned mileage.

That's a consignment unit. Looking at the folds on the driver leather seat and the matt finish on the steering wheel, the mileage looks genuine.

image.png.2d026fa944a34d3b7875670746a916bc.png

... as compared to the condition of the driver seat in this Mercedes E class private hire car.

image.png.c82727d5bfacb760c945c75f3f0ce932.png

Edited by Vinceng

Turbocharged
(edited)

53 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Ody base trim is 137k currently. 

Thread starter has a maximum $80K budget

image.png.86f142facaa53cd0ab7f3198d03b359a.png

Edited by Vinceng

Turbocharged

diesel car owners have to hold their breaths every year around budget time. Just don't know what the gahmen will throw at you next.... i owned mine since before the 3/4 tank ban for diesel and thought i hit the jackpot, then the ban followed by tax increases.

also get a german diesel if you're worried about 7 seater last row safety. Better engineered for safety (sandwich panels, etc). Usually its a lot of little lives in a moving contraption. Have been in a major one on the expressway with a lorry. The car written off, but most importantly the kids walked out ok.

• Praise 4

10 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Nissan Serena (~$125K)

Honda Odyssey (~$145K)

Ha ha, yah, pretty much these few. In fact, if i prudent, better to just look at the first 2, as the latter 2 are gonna be min ~$20K more... too bad none of them ticks all the boxes on my wish list...

oops, ok to highjack TS' thread to talk about these here, or go back find MPV thread 😄

21 hours ago, Donald83 said:

Looking at 7 seater cars which are running on Diesel. Currently driving a Volvo S80 D2 which runs on Diesel and i like that it is fuel efficient. Now i am intending to change to 7 seater variant and looking for inputs from fellow members here.

If you only want a diesel 7-seater and has budget for only $80k, then should be easy to make the choice.

Using sgcarmart:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=902097&DL=1000

Cars been thrown up: Carens, Touran diesel, Stavic, BMW 2 series, Grand Scenic, Q30.

My choice would be this:

Only worry is gearbox.

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

diesel car owners have to hold their breaths every year around budget time. Just don't know what the gahmen will throw at you next.... i owned mine since before the 3/4 tank ban for diesel and thought i hit the jackpot, then the ban followed by tax increases.

also get a german diesel if you're worried about 7 seater last row safety. Better engineered for safety (sandwich panels, etc). Usually its a lot of little lives in a moving contraption. Have been in a major one on the expressway with a lorry. The car written off, but most importantly the kids walked out ok.

Which car that you drove got into a major accident? Kids were in the 3rd row?

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

If you only want a diesel 7-seater and has budget for only $80k, then should be easy to make the choice.

Using sgcarmart:

Cars been thrown up: Carens, Touran diesel, Stavic, BMW 2 series, Grand Scenic, Q30.

My choice would be this:

Only worry is gearbox.

Yes not many to choose from. But i rank safety first, followed by reliability and luxury. Looks like BMW is the one?

↡ Advertisement