7 Seater Diesel Variants

Donald83

Twincharged
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Donald83 said:

Yes not many to choose from. But i rank safety first, followed by reliability and luxury. Looks like BMW is the one?

volvo xc90? since you seem to be focused on safety and buying used. back to something you are familiar with too.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement

23 minutes ago, Donald83 said:

Yes not many to choose from. But i rank safety first, followed by reliability and luxury. Looks like BMW is the one?

This you have to do due diligence. Does not mean more for sales is better haha.

If you do not mind obiang design, I would recommend Stepwagon Spada. With slightly more than $80k, can easily get a 2017 model pre-facelift model. A lot of space and typical jap reliability. Its very functional waku waku door has been touted as very tough by a bro who was rear-ended by a van last year or so. But it is not a diesel car. FC wise, most owners getting between 500 to 600km on 50L of petrol. Very good for a petrol car of such proportion.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?MOD=spada&PRC=0&DEP=0&RGD=0&VEH=0&AVL=2

Turbocharged
23 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

BMW 2 series go and see for yourself first. 

Unless one likes to squat behind the 3rd row. 

The 2GT 3rd row is mainly for children. If intend to sit adults, better go full size MPV. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Donald83 said:

Actually i love Volvo and my S80 D2 is really good. XC90 is too expensive for me and the used one is a petrol guzzler.

BMW 2 series Gran Tourer don't expect much space in the last row. But my kids only 6 years and 3 years old so they can be at the back. But what about the middle row?

Personally I find the middle row okay.

Last row really really cramped... Haha. My kids and family's action told. They rather squeeze 4 in middle row than sit in last row.

I was like, nb... might as well get the AT then not the GT then.

• Haha! 2

CX9 not included, sorento is probably the only suv that sits an adult in relative comfort  at the 3rd row. 

Even the ginormous Q7 is squeezy like hell. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Donald83 said:

Which car that you drove got into a major accident? Kids were in the 3rd row?

216gt.

yes.

56 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Personally I find the middle row okay.

Last row really really cramped... Haha. My kids and family's action told. They rather squeeze 4 in middle row than sit in last row.

I was like, nb... might as well get the AT then not the GT then.

very few compact MPVs have decent 3rd row space lah, unfortunately. Have to go up the boxy or full-sized MPVs to find that.

Supercharged
35 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

CX9 not included, sorento is probably the only suv that sits an adult in relative comfort  at the 3rd row. 

Dunno if hyundai will bring i  their pallaside into singapore.

That one looks monstrous

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
43 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Kodiaq is decent also

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Kodiaq is decent also

Not exactly. If Sorento is 5/10, kodiaq is 1.5/10.

It really is not comfy and tight. 

• Praise 1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, Donald83 said:

Looking at 7 seater cars which are running on Diesel. Currently driving a Volvo S80 D2 which runs on Diesel and i like that it is fuel efficient. Now i am intending to change to 7 seater variant and looking for inputs from fellow members here.

The volvo D2 shares the same engine as citroen picasso / peugeot 5008 HDi. so you may get a similar driving experience, fuel consumption.

46 minutes ago, Ngbernie said:

The volvo D2 shares the same engine as citroen picasso / peugeot 5008 HDi. so you may get a similar driving experience, fuel consumption.

But one of the forummers listed a long list of issues with Citroen. So not too keen on this brand

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

ha ha, yes. xc90 3rd row also not for adults.

There's one other that's hardly discussed - infiniti Qx80. 3rd row can even sit 3 adults comfortably, such is the monstrous size...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

Dunno if hyundai will bring i  their pallaside into singapore.

That one looks monstrous

prob still lose to infiniti qx80 lor...