COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

Hypersonic

When you no longer trust what the govt tell you, gone case liao.

But how to when they tell you DON’T WEAR MASK IF YOU ARE HEALTHY. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, golden_eagle said:

I wonder how the people in semicon work got infected, as they work in clean room and wear protective clothing. And they are young and tend to be more hygeinic comparing to construction sector workers.

Got any scientific explanations?

I used to work field service in this industry long ago. Not sure if situation still the same these days, anyways... it's not just a  cleanroom as shown.

Semicon factories have a "clean" floor where the processing is done and the machines are located. But there is also a "dirty" basement floor under the machines where the support equipment like pumps, chemical tanks, gas exhaust scrubbers are placed.

Airflow goes from "clean" floor to "dirty" floor thus minimizing cross contamination.

At this "dirty" floor, cleanliness controls are not as strict. Working in stuffy close confines, can imagine distancing is not possible. Also, to be heard above the noise of the running equipment, pull down masks and have to talk louder [laugh] 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

146 dorm cases is due to reduced testing, or numbers have really started tapering off within the dorms? 

Election period now...

Edited by t0y0ta

Jul 7 Cases

Imported

2 Dependant's Pass

1 Singaporean

Community

2 Singaporean

1. Died from Cardiorespiratory failure.  Subsequently confirmed to have COVID19;

2. Asymptomatic and linked to previous cases;

2 PR

1. Asymptomatic and linked to previous cases;

2. Unlinked;

2 Work Pass/3 Work Permits

1 Linked and Asymptomatic;

4 Unlinked: 3 Asymptomatic;

Community Cases since Jun 2

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 8.49.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 8.51.35 AM.png

Jul 9 Preliminary Confirmed Cases

1 imported cases under SHN now

21 community cases (4 Singaporean/PR; 17 Work Pass Holder), of which 5 is close contact of previous cases

103 Dorm cases

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Didu said:

Drop in ridership leads to slower buses on Singapore roads

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/drop-in-ridership-leads-to-slower-buses

Do you notice buses crawling along during CB?

So good excuse to justify their bus operation even if the bus standard is poor? Since they always like to say traffic conditions affect bus intervals and speed of the bus, and now they can also say due to low ridership, bus needs to move slowly and then might affect the bus intervals?

Anyway, there are more and more people taking bus now liao.

(edited)
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So good excuse to justify their bus operation even if the bus standard is poor? Since they always like to say traffic conditions affect bus intervals and speed of the bus, and now they can also say due to low ridership, bus needs to move slowly and then might affect the bus intervals?

Anyway, there are more and more people taking bus now liao.

Bus must follow timetable strictly.  Cannot be late or early.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Didu said:

Drop in ridership leads to slower buses on Singapore roads

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/drop-in-ridership-leads-to-slower-buses

Do you notice buses crawling along during CB?

In fact, I noticed that the bus ride is much smoother during CB and after CB. There is less surge and no sudden brake, probably due to light traffic. In term of traveling time, it is actually faster by around 5mins from my journey to office even though I need to change bus to reach office.

Edited by Ghgan
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
56 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Bus must follow timetable strictly.  Cannot be late or early.

I find most of the time bus is late than early la. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
45 minutes ago, Ghgan said:

In fact, I noticed that the bus ride is much smoother during CB and after CB. There is less surge and no sudden brake, probably due to light traffic. In term of traveling time, it is actually faster by around 5mins from my journey to office even though I need to change bus to reach office.

Maybe must see which bus service you take and what is the bus route also. 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:21 PM, Sosaria said:

I used to work field service in this industry long ago. Not sure if situation still the same these days, anyways... it's not just a  cleanroom as shown.

Semicon factories have a "clean" floor where the processing is done and the machines are located. But there is also a "dirty" basement floor under the machines where the support equipment like pumps, chemical tanks, gas exhaust scrubbers are placed.

Airflow goes from "clean" floor to "dirty" floor thus minimizing cross contamination.

At this "dirty" floor, cleanliness controls are not as strict. Working in stuffy close confines, can imagine distancing is not possible. Also, to be heard above the noise of the running equipment, pull down masks and have to talk louder [laugh] 

Also known as subfab or basement support.

1 hour ago, Ghgan said:

I notice during the CB and post CB period I don't see much those "G" or "Y" plate lorry and those jiu hu kia motor so traffic less congestion bus travel also more smooth.

• Praise 1

Cloth face masks offer zero shield against virus, a study shows 

By NAOYA KON/ Staff Writer

July 7, 2020 at 19:17 JST

Cloth face masks, often cobbled together as a makeshift alternative when stocks of surgical masks run low, and sometimes worn as a fashion statement, offer no practical protection against the novel coronavirus, a study shows.

Kazunari Onishi, an associate professor at St. Luke’s International University in Tokyo, found that cloth masks had a 100-percent leakage rate in terms of airborne particles penetrating the fabric and through the gap between masks and faces, substantially raising the risk of infection.

http://www.asahi.com/sp/ajw/articles/13523664

• Praise 3

(edited)

Jul 8 Cases

Imported

1 PR

Community

image.png.d3efdc007a7c7870bd5dbe4566f2f589.png 

4 of Asymptomatic cases had been quarantined ealier.

Remaining 10 cases was detected via proactive screening and survellience.

Community Cases since Jun 2

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 9.14.34 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 9.17.12 AM.png

Edited by inlinesix

11 hours ago, Acewin said:

I notice during the CB and post CB period I don't see much those "G" or "Y" plate lorry and those jiu hu kia motor so traffic less congestion bus travel also more smooth.

Depends timing, i still see a lot of G and Y plate lorry on PIE

Those of you working in RAFFLES PLACE.  See whether you are in the same vicinity of confirmed cases or not.

Places Visited by Confirmed Cases

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

↡ Advertisement