COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

Turbocharged

Saw in the table there are several covid-19 cases in same place, kallang Wave mall from 30 Jun onwards. No further details if it was same person visiting the place or different people. Can this area be considered as a cluster? How is a cluster defined? Also noted covid cases in Mustafa centre again!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/600-covid-19-tests-a-day-done-on-those-with-respiratory-illness

I thought the blanket Acute Respiratory Illness (ARI) screening was interesting. These are people who turn up at the clinic with respiratory issues, but without a suspicion of COVID-19, or specific desire for testing.

In the last few daily reports, quite a few symptomatics were found this way.

In fact, yesterday and many other days there was only a single "reactive" person on the list - as in, feels ill, suspects COVID-19 & goes to clinic for test.

This compares to 30-40/day we had shortly before the CB.

I would still say the base level of community infection is low.

We're just getting a lot better at ferreting out the less visible cases, the majority of whom seems to be asymptomatic. 

Jul 10 Preliminary Confirmed Cases

1 imported cases under SHN now

16 community cases (7 Singaporean/PR; 9 Work Pass Holder)

174 Dorm cases

Turbocharged
40 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

HK 3rd wave .... 

926408DD-CB7E-49DF-86C6-AE7FF6522307.jpeg

The article says SG testing capacity now surpasses S.Korea and HK itself.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Christan said:

Saw in the table there are several covid-19 cases in same place, kallang Wave mall from 30 Jun onwards. No further details if it was same person visiting the place or different people. Can this area be considered as a cluster? How is a cluster defined? Also noted covid cases in Mustafa centre again!!!

The kallang wave data is interesting, 30 min time-slots at lunch and/or dinner times over a few days.

Bear in mind this is only a list of places visited by cases, does not mean a cluster.

Mustafa is a popular hang-out place for WP holders so not surprising they are in the list given the number of community cases in recent days are dominated by WP holders not in dorms.

Personally I think these "Places visited by Cases" lists have limited use - the causality of transient encounters seems weak, and any mildly relevant nugget of information just drowns in these long lists.

• Praise 1

We are ask to sign in and out whereever we go using safe entry.

But is it put into use? For example a person with cov19 visit area A. 

All the ppl that enter areaA with that infected person must be quarrentine right? The safe entry would have capture the data and straight away inform those effected person to self quarrentine.

If we are not doing this. Then wats the point of using the safe entry apps?

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Beregond said:

All the ppl that enter areaA with that infected person must be quarrentine right? The safe entry would have capture the data and straight away inform those effected person to self quarrentine.

Errr... I guess the most they "remind" you to check/monitor your health for the next 14 days..

And i doubt people take it seriously with the publication of the places these carrier had visited..

This morning cycle at Paris Ris park.. I saw group of abt 8 to 10 person gathered to play cards.. the enforcement is tough.. it really boiled down to individual.

6 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr... I guess the most they "remind" you to check/monitor your health for the next 14 days..

And i doubt people take it seriously with the publication of the places these carrier had visited..

This morning cycle at Paris Ris park.. I saw group of abt 8 to 10 person gathered to play cards.. the enforcement is tough.. it really boiled down to individual.

then that safe entry apps is like a white elephant. how much resource we spend on that? 

32 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Without safeentry, i don't think we even have the list above.

I was in the vicinity of place visited by confirmed cases.  Luckily, i left prior to the stated time.

• Praise 3

Just curious. Tomorrow STI rise or fall for this election? 

Did you short or long? 

And how about Dow, seems the Americans are immune to death numbers now. 

53 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

Just curious. Tomorrow STI rise or fall for this election? 

Did you short or long? 

And how about Dow, seems the Americans are immune to death numbers now. 

Tomorrow STI will remain flat, because it is a Sunday 😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 8