COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

it will never go down to zero as long as other part of the world still having more cases and restrict travel. Many 'model' cities start having 2nd wave.

15 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

If you been anywhere out of your home, pls monitor your health closely for 14 days [laugh] 

Next time take lift at our home also need scan QR code, who knows we take same lift with infected patient🤪😂

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, golden_eagle said:

News says China is isolating asymptomatic carriers too, claiming they are somewhat contagious too. 

It's interesting to know how they arrive at that conclusion. How do people some experiment to verify that? Culture their samples? or put a pet in their house and then test the pet? 

I thought we quarantine both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients as well as long as they are tested positive ? 

Would surface area multiplied by time of exposure be a measure to quantify ones risk of infection better? When lung and nosetril area is huge and eye ball area is small when contacting air, maybe risk from lung much higher than not wearing shield? 

Supersonic
(edited)
10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

No where to run since everywhere also have now. Unless you stay at home 24/7. Lol.

This is new normal la, we have to live with this covid and life still goes on. Someone told me before that you cannot forever hide inside your house. 😂

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, golden_eagle said:

News says China is isolating asymptomatic carriers too, claiming they are somewhat contagious too. 

It's interesting to know how they arrive at that conclusion. How do people some experiment to verify that?

Abundant circumstantial evidence via contact tracing...

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/how-the-world-missed-covid-19s-silent-spread

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No where to run since everywhere also have now. Unless you stay at home 24/7. Lol.

This is new normal la, we have to live with this covid and life still goes on. Someone told me before that you cannot forever hide inside your house. 😂

I am still minimizing prolonged face to face contact with friends, colleagues, relatives, etc.

At work, everyone is wearing masks, so it is generally quite contained (i hope or rather I wish). On FB, it is clear there are more social gatherings among people from different households (capped at 5) and noone is wearing masks or social distancing while eating, talking and taking wefie. My neighbor has also started to play mahjong every weekend again (imagine Covid-19 virus on mahjong tiles 😅). The community numbers can only go up.

I am also finding it impossible to totally stop my grown up teens from dining out with friends once a week.

Yes, life goes on but it is still a struggle to balance between life and risk of potential death to close ones, especially my aged parents.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

And those temperature taking bull shit one la esp use on forehead nvr zhun one always 1 deg lower

• Praise 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Read here mask made from cloth fabric do not offer any protection.

Now that is worrying.

Its not about protection but prevent those who kena spread out more  droplets esp when they cough or speak💧 

to prevent protection u need to wear medical N95 and PPE suit

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

Jul 11 Cases

Imported

1 Work Pass

Community

5 Singaporean

2 PR

6 Work Pass

11 Work Permit

Split of Community Cases

image.png.2027fe53e5eb5081b6124dc4c066c43e.png

Quarantine/Pro-Active Screening

Quarantine

image.png.2fed21e97c3618460415c0e21544ab3c.png

Pro-Active Screening

image.png.da3faff0c1fcb7d04fd3b20ea9a63b24.png

Community Cases Since Jun 2

Red Box: Post CB Phase 1;

Blue Box: Dissolution of Parliment till Nomination Day

Purple Box: Campaign week till Polling Day

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 5.07.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 5.07.44 PM.png

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Read here mask made from cloth fabric do not offer any protection.

Now that is worrying.

IIRC, that article was referring to those makeshift "mask" using scarf or bandanna tied over nose and mouth. Only a layer of cloth.

Our cloth masks are of thicker fabric and supposedly have some filter layer within?

Anyway it's better than casually tying a piece of cloth over, though not 100 percent, still safer.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

CNN July 11, 2020

(CNN)Authorities in Kazakhstan have denied a report published by Chinese officials that the country is experiencing an outbreak of "unknown pneumonia" potentially deadlier than the novel coronavirus.

On Thursday, the Chinese Embassy in Kazakhstan issued a warning to citizens living in the Central Asian country that the pneumonia had killed more than 1,700 people.

"Kazakhstani Health Department and other agencies are conducting comparative research and have not defined the nature of the pneumonia virus," the statement said.

Hopeful we dont need a covid20 thread

Supersonic
(edited)
10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I am still minimizing prolonged face to face contact with friends, colleagues, relatives, etc.

At work, everyone is wearing masks, so it is generally quite contained (i hope or rather I wish). On FB, it is clear there are more social gatherings among people from different households (capped at 5) and noone is wearing masks or social distancing while eating, talking and taking wefie. My neighbor has also started to play mahjong every weekend again (imagine Covid-19 virus on mahjong tiles 😅). The community numbers can only go up.

I am also finding it impossible to totally stop my grown up teens from dining out with friends once a week.

Yes, life goes on but it is still a struggle to balance between life and risk of potential death to close ones, especially my aged parents.

From what i see outside now, it seems like it is already phase 3 liao, when almost everything are back to normal and almost all business are reopened. And all the eatery, malls and public places crowded with people. And also many people not wearing masks while sitting at eatery even though they are not eating. Talking to each other not wearing mask etc.

For elderly, it is better for them to stay home as much as possible, dont go to places crowded with people. For the rest of us, life indeed goes on, but be more vigilant when outside.  

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2