COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

On 8/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, inlinesix said:

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/draft-landscape-of-covid-19-candidate-vaccines

According to WHO, there are 165 vaccine candidate.  26 are in clinical trial now.  6 are in Phase-3 trial now.

1, University of Oxford/AstraZeneca

2. Sinovac

3. Wuhan Institute of Biological Products/Sinopharm

4. Beijing Institute of Biological Products/Sinopharm

5. Moderna/NIAID

6. BioNTech/Fosun Pharma/Pfizer

How many here would really rush to take the vaccine?

I think I would let others go first - we don't know the long term effects of any vaccine. Especially since they are rushing to get it approved and who knows what corners might have been cut.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I think I would let others go first - we don't know the long term effects of any vaccine. Especially since they are rushing to get it approved and who knows what corners might have been cut.

no worries

brazil + india already have millions of volunteers ... 

russia also ... in fact many countries volunteering to V first including AMDK U S Ass .... 

Edited by Wt_know

39 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Scientists ask: Without trial data, how can we trust Russia's coronavirus vaccine?

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/scientists-ask-without-trial-data-how-can-we-trust-russias-coronavirus-vaccine

57 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I think this depends on what you do & who you are.

Any front line healthcare worker at daily sustained risk of infection probably wouldn't think for a second.

An office dweller in an insurance company, may be less eager.

Then again, who the hell wants to prolong this pandemic any longer than we need to.

Eradication is clearly not a feasible strategy, so herd immunity is the only viable option, preferably via a vaccine, as opposed to the "hard way".

We're talking end-2021 w/a vaccine vs. 2025 without one - I'll take the 3 years w/a few side effects vs being locked up like this into 2025.

(personally I'd wait for a non-China/Russia vaccine though - there's less accountability on those)

Edited by CremornePt

COVID-19: Authorities monitoring migrant worker dorms to manage risk of outbreaks after new cases reported

SINGAPORE: Authorities are monitoring migrant worker dormitories to manage the risk of new COVID-19 outbreaks, even after the completion of testing for all these workers.

"There have already been instances where new cases of COVID-19 cases are detected at previously cleared dormitories," said a joint news release on Tuesday (Aug 11) by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), the Economic Development Board (EDB) and the Health Promotion Board (HPB).

"The Interagency Task Force (ITF) is actively monitoring the dormitories to manage the risk of new outbreaks."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-dormitories-migrant-workers-manage-risk-outbreaks-13010958

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

I think this depends on what you do & who you are.

Any front line healthcare worker at daily sustained risk of infection probably wouldn't think for a second.

An office dweller in an insurance company, may be less eager.

Then again, who the hell wants to prolong this pandemic any longer than we need to.

Eradication is clearly not a feasible strategy, so herd immunity is the only viable option, preferably via a vaccine, as opposed to the "hard way".

We're talking end-2021 w/a vaccine vs. 2025 without one - I'll take the 3 years w/a few side effects vs being locked up like this into 2025.

(personally I'd wait for a non-China/Russia vaccine though - there's less accountability on those)

Curious. What's the implication of working in an insurance company - if any?

No offence but I think I'll let others go ahead with the vaccine first. That way, I can still enjoy herd immunity while staying safe from side effects. Honestly, I don't understand how you can say you'd rather risk the side effects without knowing what they are.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:45 PM, golden_eagle said:

5 days medical certificate for coughs. 

Over the weekend there was a news saying a fellow got fined for going out after getting that kind of mc. 

Depends on what's stated on the MC. In the past, doctors only issued the most 3 days MC for fever, cough and etc. Now they issue  5 days MC for fever with cough and stating need to stay at Home. If you got those MC stating need to stay at home, then you cannot go out but if less than 5 days and doesn't state stay at home, you can go out.

1 minute ago, Leo72 said:

Depends on what's stated on the MC. In the past, doctors only issued the most 3 days MC for fever, cough and etc. Now they issue  5 days MC for fever with cough and stating need to stay at Home. If you got those MC stating need to stay at home, then you cannot go out but if less than 5 days and doesn't state stay at home, you can go out.

Now doctor usually will issue 5 days MC even you have sore throat only. They are now quite careful if the person has covid related symptoms, even you might not be covid infected.

41 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Curious. What's the implication of working in an insurance company - if any?

No offence but I think I'll let others go ahead with the vaccine first. That way, I can still enjoy herd immunity while staying safe from side effects. Honestly, I don't understand how you can say you'd rather risk the side effects without knowing what they are.

Many office workers have little broad physical contact with clients - I haven't physically met anyone from my insurers ever.

Side effects would be indicated through the stage 3 trials.

Anyway, health care workers and vulnerable parts of the population will get priority ahead of the general population, so the rest of us probably won't get access to a vaccine for a while.

I just think waiting 2 years to take a certified vaccine defeats its purpose.

Btw, I believe some of the parties in the GE (WP?) wanted the vaccine to be "required" for residents...

Edited by CremornePt

15 hours ago, Raubern said:

New COVID-19 cases emerged at previously cleared dormitories

SINGAPORE: Authorities are monitoring migrant worker dormitories to manage the risk of new COVID-19 outbreaks, even after the completion of testing for all these workers.

"There have already been instances where new cases of COVID-19 cases are detected at previously cleared dormitories," said a joint news release on Tuesday (Aug 11) by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), the Economic Development Board (EDB) and the Health Promotion Board (HPB).

"The Interagency Task Force (ITF) is actively monitoring the dormitories to manage the risk of new outbreaks."

CNA has contacted MOM for details on the dormitories with new COVID-19 cases.

SAFEGUARDS TO MANAGE RISK OF NEW OUTBREAKS IN DORMS

Setting out several measures to minimise the risk of infections, the authorities said workers are required to report their temperature and if they have any symptoms of acute respiratory illness through the FWMOMCare app twice a day.

Authorities said they will “monitor closely” the number of migrant workers who report sick at the medical posts, as an early indication of any possible infections.

"If our monitoring picks up potential infections among the migrant workers, the ITF will quickly isolate and quarantine all at-risk workers within the block that was housing the infected worker as a precautionary measure," said the authorities.

"Aggressive testing will be conducted to identify any further spread of the virus."

Workers who have recovered for fewer than 90 days will not need to be isolated as current medical evidence suggests that they continue to have immunity, said the authorities.

“Those who have recovered for more than 90 days from their original illness will be clinically assessed as to whether they will require repeat testing and isolation, if they develop fresh respiratory symptoms," they added.

At higher risk dormitories, wastewater will be monitored for traces of the coronavirus.

In addition, workers in higher risk settings will be put through regular routine testing. These include workers in the construction, marine and process sectors., who are required to go for a swab test every 14 days.

“Workers who were infected previously and have recovered from COVID-19 are not required to undergo regular testing for 180 days," said the authorities.

“Employers should space out the testing of their workers over the 14-day period to ensure that we are able to maintain constant surveillance of the COVID-19 situation among the workers."

They can book appointment slots using the Swab Registration System launched by HPB.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-dormitories-migrant-workers-manage-risk-outbreaks-13010958?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR1eIjTZ-7GiGjW-sWFTmcNBtu6x_Ajw-rU06e8MgpLjeGVomZi6383ttpQ

When will it ever end....

LPPL mans

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Now doctor usually will issue 5 days MC even you have sore throat only. They are now quite careful if the person has covid related symptoms, even you might not be covid infected.

For all acute respiratory illness, it is mandatory 5 days MC with SHN.

Symptom includes, fever (>39deg) and chill, breathing difficulty, dizziness as well as loss of consciousness

Is time garmen has to stop for importing all the EP, WP, DP.

Still haven't learn the lesson.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

August 12 Preliminary Confirmed Cases

11 Imported Cases

1 Community Case (1 Singaporean)

30 Dorm Cases

At current rate, we might hit 60k cases by August 27

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

After dorms become imported cases. Haiz...

All coming back here for world class health care.

• Sad 2