COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

Case 58041 served SHN at a dedicated facility upon arrival in Singapore on 25 September. He was tested on 5 October while serving SHN and his test result was negative for COVID-19. He completed his SHN on 9 October and developed onset of symptoms on the same day. He subsequently tested positive for COVID-19 infection on 12 October when he took a pre-departure test in order to return to India. Between 9 October and 12 October, he had mostly remained at Dream Lodge Singapore (172 Tyrwhitt Road) but visited the National University Health System (NUHS) Tower Block on 9 October. 

Yesterday, interesting case.

Sept 25: Arrived in Singapore;

Oct 05: Tested Negative;

Oct 09: Completed SHN and developed onset of symptoms

Oct 12: Tested Positive before departing

This fellow is on Training Pass

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

but seriously, with the number of imported cases all predominantly from India over a prolonged and sustained period, why are we not plugging that leak?

or i supposed behind the scene we are doing something re handling of the incoming flights from india?  but then again it is a invisible virus, how to know for sure?

as OYK continue to talk about air bubble, if i am another country looking at SG and how india cases are going into SG, i would not be so fast to open to SG.  

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Oct 12: Tested Postive before departing

Wonder how many were exposed between 9th and 12th Oct. 

But this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about, with regards to uncertainties in testing. Even quarantine is not absolute as 14 days is a compromise measure as outliers can go beyond it. But some people ("very good at math") talk about "acceptable levels of risk".

This is not the time to open up Singapore to the outside too much, with the way cases are going in other countries. 

• Praise 4

actually if EU and US cannot get their act together, nobody can open in any meaningful way. 

and it seems nobody really dare open to China as yet and China dont really dare open to anybody, even though they seem to have it under control.   

5 minutes ago, Chongster said:

but seriously, with the number of imported cases all predominantly from India over a prolonged and sustained period, why are we not plugging that leak?

or i supposed behind the scene we are doing something re handling of the incoming flights from india?  but then again it is a invisible virus, how to know for sure?

as OYK continue to talk about air bubble, if i am another country looking at SG and how india cases are going into SG, i would not be so fast to open to SG.  

I agree. Plug the leak. But don't focus on India alone, otherwise it looks unjust. Ensure that entry is barred (with the exception of full sg citizens) against the 5 countries with highest new case totals on average over the last month. The USA must definitely be restricted, for instance. 

We're getting cases from India because there are so many returning travellers from there, but it's only a matter of time till we start seeing imported cases from other places if we don't restrict. 

No AMDK from USA either haha. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Wonder how many were exposed between 9th and 12th Oct. 

But this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about, with regards to uncertainties in testing. Even quarantine is not absolute as 14 days is a compromise measure as outliers can go beyond it. But some people ("very good at math") talk about "acceptable levels of risk".

This is not the time to open up Singapore to the outside too much, with the way cases are going in other countries. 

Four days in Singapore for business trip/ training  which inclusive a sat and sun!

All other days SHN?

Must be a very efficient company I reckon.

My toes laughing....

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Chongster said:

I have not step foot into the dorm that house my company's FW since the start of April. 

Call me xenophobic whatever. Family come first.

Saying go..."Precautions always better than cure".🤗

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I agree. Plug the leak. But don't focus on India alone, otherwise it looks unjust. Ensure that entry is barred (with the exception of full sg citizens) against the 5 countries with highest new case totals on average over the last month. The USA must definitely be restricted, for instance. 

We're getting cases from India because there are so many returning travellers from there, but it's only a matter of time till we start seeing imported cases from other places if we don't restrict. 

No AMDK from USA either haha. 😂

Import cases from India has decreased since Oct 1.

However, there is a rise from other countries.

On average, there are about 5 - 6 import case daily.

This number should drop with pre-departure testing in Philippines and Indonesia.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have not step foot into the dorm that house my company's FW since the start of April. 

Call me xenophobic whatever. Family come first.

Saying go..."Precautions always better than cure".🤗

...but please don't order your employees (especially Singaporean ones) to take the risk either. (I'm sure you don't, just putting it out there). 

19 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Govt has been proactive now than in Feb/Mar/Apr.

India, Indonesia, Phillippines and Sabah needs pre-departure test.

The number of import case from India has dropped substantially since Oct 1.

OYK has to talk about air bubble before action taken to get ppl prepared.

Air bubble will be quite limited in number of countries.

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Import cases from India has decreased since Oct 1.

However, there is a rise from other countries.

On average, there are about 5 - 6 import case daily.

This number should drop with pre-departure testing in Philippines and Indonesia.

Thanks for monitoring this more closely than most. Do keep us updated, useful info. 

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

...but please don't order your employees (especially Singaporean ones) to take the risk either. (I'm sure you don't, just putting it out there). 

Fortunately they are all alright. A few gotten transported to various " hotels".😄. Now 90 %back to jobsites. The rest are still pending for mom approval.

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

They simply don't listen to reasonable concerns. When things happened, pap and hoching will label you and me as hindsight hero. 

I'm most concerned with the Green Lanes, travel bubble and to an extent the SHN. Many other countries are having a worse 2nd wave but we are opening up more so than ever.

I read a recent economist report that we are heading for a sharp economic recovery, which is all good but that is only sustainable if the community transmission is eradicated or remains low. I certainly don't appreciate the risks the govt is taking presently, that can potentially undo all the good work thus far.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

With regard to "onset of symptoms", I wonder if this was legitimately post-SHN. Symptoms are subjectively reported, signs are objective. 

If you were going to be released from SHN in 2 days, would you really report the onset of mild sore throat? If one were honest and responsible, of course, but how many of these are? 

And even signs are not infallible. Fever is a sign, but is the availability of over the counter antipyretics restricted? Can they just pop their own paracetamol as and when they like? 

That's why even the best "on-paper" measures can be defeated by non-cooperation. (The worst offenders are seen in the US, with the anti-mask brigade, and just wait for the anti-vaxxer nutjobs to resume business as usual when (if) a vaccine becomes available). 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Seems like he in SHN mostly. If for training, then which day and where was the training? and from 9 Oct to 12 Oct, over the weekend I don't think have training. Then 12 Oct already do testing for departure..

I really wonder why let this guy in if this is the timeline.