COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

26 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The 1st layer of tracing is via SafeEntry.  This can be easily obtained from govtech server.

2nd layer of tracing is via Tracetogether app.  These are ppl in close proximity with the infected person.

Deleted as too long winded.  

Edited by Philipkee

25 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The 1st layer of tracing is via SafeEntry.  This can be easily obtained from govtech server.

Why cant a token also be used to achieve the same end, assuming it's not a technological limitation? Technology is supposed to make things more convenient.

19 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I am not saying you shouldnt have 1st layer and second layer. It does make sense. The thing is, is it necessary?

I actually agree with you. Safe Entry is meant for quick identification of geographically defined clusters. WithTT only, the tracers would need to interview the infected first to determine their geographical movements.

However, TT is a much more targeted and relevant tracking of infection.

In a mall of thousands, I'd feel far "safer" with everyone carrying TT, rather than the broad based Safe Entry logs at entry/exit.

Do we need both? Well, government is all about control and speed.

But personally I think the actual effect is pretty minor.

And yes, if the business had a dedicated TT realtime tracking app at the entrances (token wouldn't do as it can't contact servers) , Safe Entry would automatically  be obsolete.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 1

9 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

I actually agree with you. Safe Entry is meant for quick identification of geographically defined clusters. WithTT only, the tracers would need to interview the infected first to determine their geographical movements.

In a mall of thousands, I'd feel far "safer" with everyone carrying TT, rather than the broad based Safe Entry logs at entry/exit.

And yes, if the business had a dedicated TT token/app at the entrances, Safe Entry would automatically  be obsolete.

Safe entry was the first crowd control action for building and malls to keep limit the number of people entering at designated door or gate.

Unless phase 3 is to return to normal where all entrance are open for public, then yes safe entry is quite redundant. 

19 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Why cant a token also be used to achieve the same end, assuming it's not a technological limitation? Technology is supposed to make things more convenient.

To do thing fast, you need a centralised DATABASE.  How to get the data into database fast?

1 minute ago, Jman888 said:

Safe entry was the first crowd control action for building and malls to keep limit the number of people entering at designated door or gate.

Down at my local high security Safe Entry protected mall, sits 2 highly qualified staff with these....😀

cCapture.JPG

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

And yes, if the business had a dedicated TT realtime tracking app at the entrances (token wouldn't do as it can't contact servers) , Safe Entry would automatically  be obsolete.

Go & get TT TOKEN before you talk la.

TT Token has QR code printed outside.  All TT Token is tag to 1 IC or whatever ID.

Merchant will scan the respective QR code.  It works the same way as current SafeEntry.

3 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Have the business own TT app communicate all contacts every 5 mins to the Govtech servers. Done.

Why can't it be done in 1 step?

14 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Also Safe Entry was the only existing proven technology we had at the time, and could be rolled out nationwide almost immediately...

19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

To do thing fast, you need a centralised DATABASE.  How to get the data into database fast?

What data do you need? 

Lets say I get infected.  So you need to do contact tracing.

U take my token.

With this token you can know who i was with, which shop I went into (since it has a token). You don't need a centralised data base per se since it's all from the token.  The token has all the data.

Currently what you need is my token to know who I am in close proximity with plus you need to go to the centralised data base to see where I was.  I opine it's possible to do both with just the token and its equally accessible by speed.

Also, lets say you know I was in this shop but the other customers have no tokens.  They do safe entry.  You pull out all the records from the shop. It doesnt make things any worse cos from the token you know which shop I was in as opposed to keying in my NRIC and then get the system to churn out where I was.

If I dont have the token (unless its mandatory many wont have it) using the safe entry will be like before so no advantage or disadvantage.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

Really stupid rollout. I have been using TT since launch. No issues. Now the question for me is how to sign in my kids since no TT app for them since phone only allow one sign in. I dont want to get token since sure get lost/leceh as fk. They wont go anywhere except school without me or my wife. Why cant I log them in with my TT app same like how the Singpass sign in works?

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Merchant will scan the respective QR code.  It works the same way as current SafeEntry.

Isnt the token using blue tooth technology?  So data is captured just by being in close proximity? Why need to scan them?  Just wave your token near the shop token...

8 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

With this token you can know who i was with, which shop I went into (since it has a token).

And you ask the shop itself to upload its TT log from its own token - this way you have a complete TT access log for the shop, similar to Safe Entry.

Or if the shop uses a TT app instead of a token, it can upload automatically every 5 mins. Realtime surveillance, like Safe Entry.

Edited by CremornePt

8 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

What data do you need? 

Lets say I get infected.  So you need to do contact tracing.

U take my token.

With this token you can know who i was with, which shop I went into (since it has a token). You don't need a centralised data base per se since it's all from the token.  The token has all the data.

Currently what you need is my token to know who I am in close proximity with plus you need to go to the centralised data base to see where I was.  I opine it's possible to do both with just the token and its equally accessible by speed.

Also, lets say you know I was in this shop but the other customers have no tokens.  They do safe entry.  You pull out all the records from the shop. It doesnt make things any worse cos from the token you know which shop I was in as opposed to keying in my NRIC and then get the system to churn out where I was.

If I dont have the token (unless its mandatory many wont have it) using the safe entry will be like before so no advantage or disadvantage.

Sorry to say you have no idea what data is needed or you can't express it.

1. Who is the mall at the same time as the infected?

2. Who is around the infected?

For the 1st question, current we use SafeEntry.  Going forward, it will be replaced by TraceTogether token or app.  The Token has QR code that allows merchant to scan and upload into govtech server.

Lastly, go & get TT Token.  I am using it now.

I think we need a schematic to get our point across...😀

Anyway, time to get lunch - better get my TT app ready. 

Edited by CremornePt
  • Shocked 1