Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

Supercharged

Suggest this theme song for TT

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

walau suggest so many tracing mean govt know every move you made [laugh]

Edited by Didu

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The way you said is cumbersome from business perspective as business needs to update the data for tracing.

On the other hand, SafeEntry or TT Token data is straight through process.

We have to think of a straight through process rather than a 2 step process.

Correct me if I am wrong.

TT token is bluetooth based and used for contact tracing. It does not record locations/ places visited to avoid privacy issue and encourage mass adoption. The TT apps failed.

Then G came up with Safeentry so that you are forced to volunteer (or force to provide) your own whereabout info.

Now that we have made TT token mandatory for all and Safeentry is everywhere, is it time to pretend privacy is still a consideration?  

Why not consolidate all into the TT token system and make it seamless. Those old folks without a smart phone are already registering using NRIC at each location, so just make it contactless and do away with the scanning.  It will cost money to install bluetooth receivers at many locations but it will also save 5 million people the need to use their phone 20 times a day. 😂

• Praise 1

bro voodoo, your suggestion is similar to philipkee

but there are challenges as

a. bluetooth receiver for all entry/exit point. this is enormous

b. the bluetooth technology is not there yet for rapid scanning

c. tokens only given to sinkies and pr. there are at least 2-2.5M people has no blue or pink ic means no token

hence, no matter what self enrol scan in/out and tracetogether app is needed

Edited by Wt_know

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Why not consolidate all into the TT token system and make it seamless. Those old folks without a smart phone are already registering using NRIC at each location, so just make it contactless and do away with the scanning.  It will cost money to install bluetooth receivers at many locations but it will also save 5 million people the need to use their phone 20 times a day

No disagreement here!

If we're already making 100,000s of TT tokens (at S$10/piece), we can easily deploy some of them as TT beacons at public locations, covering both person & (non-realtime) cluster tracing.

Anyway, drawbacks remain & points have all been made , so we're probably not getting any further here...😀

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

bro voodoo, your suggestion is similar to philipkee

but there are challenges as

a. bluetooth receiver for all entry/exit point. this is enormous

b. the bluetooth technology is not there yet for rapid scanning of 

c. tokens only given to sinkies and pr. there are at least 2-2.5M people has no blue or pink ic means no token

hence, no matter what self enrol scan in/out and tracetogether app is needed

a. With TT token that will help in full contact tracing, do we need to know the exact whereabout of each person at all times? Even now, with confirmed Covid cases, you will just be informed patients have been to XYZ mall? 

b. Just control entry and exit like what we do now.

c.  I didn't know about that but why leave out half the population while making it mandatory for all SGeans and PR to use either the token or the TT apps?  

Given the amount of money we have spent, SGD100b and counting and we haven't even add in all the healthcare cost, what is $25m if it can close the loop? Now i am puzzled. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

tokens only given to sinkies and pr. there are at least 2-2.5M people has no blue or pink ic means no token

I believe they're issued to all residents, incl various pass holders etc.

The TT app can be installed by anyone, incl visitors. (in fact, I believe that's already mandatory for green laners)

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 2

7 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

I believe they're issued to all residents, incl various pass holders etc.

thanks for the correction 👍

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

No disagreement here!

If we're already making 100,000s of TT tokens (at S$10/piece), we can easily deploy some of them as TT beacons at public locations, covering both person & (non-realtime) cluster tracing.

Anyway, drawbacks remain & points have all been made , so we're probably not getting any further here...😀

Just curious, I don't see all shops and facilities with NRIC scanners (which also cost money), so those oldies without smartphone don't need to register?  Another gap? 

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Just curious, I don't see all shops and facilities with NRIC scanners (which also cost money), so those oldies without smartphone don't need to register?  Another gap? 

not all shops use the scanner equipment, but they can use phone to scan. Some of the shops dun really have safe entry anyway.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

The shops install a special version of SafeEntry ("Business") app on one of their own smartphones & uses that app to scan the barcode on NRIC, drivers license etc.

Btw, the shops could also install the TT app on that same smartphone & that would automatically become the shop's TT beacon for geo location.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Correct me if I am wrong.

TT token is bluetooth based and used for contact tracing. It does not record locations/ places visited to avoid privacy issue and encourage mass adoption. The TT apps failed.

Then G came up with Safeentry so that you are forced to volunteer (or force to provide) your own whereabout info.

Now that we have made TT token mandatory for all and Safeentry is everywhere, is it time to pretend privacy is still a consideration?  

Why not consolidate all into the TT token system and make it seamless. Those old folks without a smart phone are already registering using NRIC at each location, so just make it contactless and do away with the scanning.  It will cost money to install bluetooth receivers at many locations but it will also save 5 million people the need to use their phone 20 times a day. 😂

That’s the point you and philips don’t understand about the token.

Token has QR Code of the serial number of the token. Each token is uniquely tagged to each individual.

Token will replace IC.

Rather than scan IC, merchant will scan QR Code of respective token.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That’s the point you and philips don’t understand about the token.

Token has QR Code of the serial number of the token. Each token is uniquely tagged to each individual.

Token will replace IC.

Rather than scan IC, merchant will scan QR Code of respective token.

Actually I do. I am just asking why we can't have auto registration via bluetooth receiver?  Or like what @CremornePt suggested, to use the TT token to register visitors at key facilities? 

Just have 1 token and stop the scanning and all the safe entry BS. With what we are doing day in day out using safe entry now, privacy concern is really a moot point.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Actually I do. I am just asking why we can't have auto registration via bluetooth receiver?  Or like what @CremornePt suggested, to use the TT token to register visitors at key facilities? 

Just have 1 token and stop the scanning and all the safe entry BS. With what we are doing day in day out using safe entry now, privacy concern is really a moot point.

Using TT token or app ONLY is the direction going forward

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Using TT token or app ONLY is the direction going forward

With QR code scanning or using TT app to register? Not my main point but nevermind. 

22 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

With QR code scanning or using TT app to register? Not my main point but nevermind. 

I get your point.
Whatever you suggested here have a cost to be borne by ?
For me, current arrangement is good enough.

Thanks to @CremornePt, SafeEntry is so much easier to use now

Edited by inlinesix

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Hmmmm 

So it's 5mil x 10=$50mil

Still a miniscule sum compared to $100b. 

Sounds really like a bargain. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1