COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

6 hours ago, CremornePt said:

No disagreement here!

If we're already making 100,000s of TT tokens (at S$10/piece), we can easily deploy some of them as TT beacons at public locations, covering both person & (non-realtime) cluster tracing.

Anyway, drawbacks remain & points have all been made , so we're probably not getting any further here...😀

I just saw one of my Facebook friend posted the TraceTogether token that the back cover is opened up and there is a round battery, think is cr2025 or what.. Can't exactly see the exact battery type. So if let's say battery flat, at least we know that we could go replace battery ourself.. 

↡ Advertisement

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54643070?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[inforadio]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/france-extends-curfew-as-covid-19-second-wave-surges-in-europe-13333856

"Only Sweden, a European outlier which has relied largely on voluntary measures to promote social distancing, was an exception, declaring senior citizens no longer need to isolate themselves given lower COVID infection rates than in spring."

Remember months ago we were discussing lockdowns and sweden's approach? I always though Sweden was the right approach. It takes great courage to go against the panicking crowd and data has shown that sweden did not reap the economic benefits for not going into lockdown, probably because it was surrounded by "idiots" who went into lockdown. 

It is good to review the outcomes though months later as this is there sweden predicted that their strategy would reap benefits. 

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Actually why can't each shop then have it's own unique token  like the QR code for entry?  Then just show your token and you can walk in.  After all, the shop token will be like your token.  Blue tooth function and it can record everyone who passes by with the token.

Save a lot of time scanning in and out also.

that is the plan I believe. 

"By December, it will be compulsory to use the TraceTogether mobile application or token to check in at venues such as workplaces, schools, malls as well as food and beverage outlets under the Government's plan to further reopen the economy.

At these venues, people will not be able to check in by scanning their identification cards or SafeEntry QR codes with their phones, the Smart Nation and Digital Government Office said in a statement on Tuesday (Oct 20).
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/compulsory-use-tracetogether-check-venues-such-malls-schools-workplaces-december-govt"

already announced already. QRcodes scanning is going stop. 

No one will carry that stupid token if you still need to scan QRcode for safe entry. I will carry it is it is just show token and enter mall. Much more convenient than turning on my handphone and scanning. Especially if you have kids without HP. Need to report ID number. 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I just saw one of my Facebook friend posted the TraceTogether token that the back cover is opened up and there is a round battery, think is cr2025 or what.. Can't exactly see the exact battery type. So if let's say battery flat, at least we know that we could go replace battery ourself.. 

19 hours ago, yishunite said:

Really stupid rollout. I have been using TT since launch. No issues. Now the question for me is how to sign in my kids since no TT app for them since phone only allow one sign in. I dont want to get token since sure get lost/leceh as fk. They wont go anywhere except school without me or my wife. Why cant I log them in with my TT app same like how the Singpass sign in works?

VERSION 2.4

1D3DB10A-B84E-421C-8820-111557CA5126.jpeg

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I get your point.
Whatever you suggested here have a cost to be borne by ?
For me, current arrangement is good enough.

Thanks to @CremornePt, SafeEntry is so much easier to use now

If the TT token is seamless, I will carry it, otherwise i will switch to TT app (using Singpass now) but leaving the app on all the time for iOS users is not an option.

After spending so much money, we need mass adoption to be effective. We should go all the way for a full solution. I think it will boost retail sales as well. 

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

If the TT token is seamless, I will carry it, otherwise i will switch to TT app (using Singpass now) but leaving the app on all the time for iOS users is not an option.

After spending so much money, we need mass adoption to be effective. We should go all the way for a full solution. I think it will boost retail sales as well. 

Use Ver 2.4 TT.  It is so much easier to use.

As i carry token in bag, i don't bother to switch on TT app after SafeEntry.

• Praise 1

I am curious and confused...... Says no need to scan QR code for SafeEntry but must use TT App, which I've had a while.

I scan QR code in the app, and Gov says must still use SafeEntry going forward.

What have I missed?

Edited by bsswan

For real...

The primary reason for Safe Entry is crowd control & monitoring compliance.

Safe Entry is the only way for the government to monitor and audit the number of people going into 10,000s of offices & worksites, a key social distancing metric. (unless they setup connected TT receivers everywhere)

"Faster" cluster tracing is a secondary benefit at best & increasingly less impactful as both number of cases drop & TT is rolled out. (when was our last community cluster?)

Read: We're stuck with Safe Entry, as overbearing as it may seem. (yes, it's a damn nuisance)

Even when all this over, we'll still be seeing dilapidated QR posters scattered around for years, like LKY stickers on +5 yr old cars...😀

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I am curious and confused...... Says no need to scan QR code for SafeEntry but must use TT App, which I've had a while.

I scan QR code in the app, and Gov says must still use SafeEntry going forward.

What have I missed?

Going forward, SafeEntry likely to be via TraceTogether App or TraceTogether token.

Merchants will scan QR Code of Token prior to entry.

Each Token is uniquely tagged to each individual

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Is this iphone? My one don't have group and no update notice in Google store

It is on IOS.  Check for update on Google Store.

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It is on IOS.  Check for update on Google Store.

Last updated 3 days ago. No new update.

As I said, this rollout has been the most halfpast6 thing Ive ever seen and supposedly this is a compulsory measure.

14 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Last updated 3 days ago. No new update.

As I said, this rollout has been the most halfpast6 thing Ive ever seen and supposedly this is a compulsory measure.

Maybe it is an Android issue. What version is yours?
I have no problem using this app since Day 1.

The half past 6 part could be fragmented Android OS.

This is what I found online TT app on Google Store

F43698C7-6168-40E7-AFD5-2C81ACA72169.jpeg

Edited by inlinesix

51 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Maybe it is an Android issue. What version is yours?
I have no problem using this app since Day 1.

The half past 6 part could be fragmented Android OS.

This is what I found online TT app on Google Store

F43698C7-6168-40E7-AFD5-2C81ACA72169.jpeg

Android fragmentation is like 5 years ago problem. Im on v2.3.11

2 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Android fragmentation is like 5 years ago problem. Im on v2.3.11

IOS already on 2.4.

Why Android still stuck at 2.3.11 (same as the screenshot I posted)?

My only guess is there is NO standardisation within Android.

I want the token not because is free but I hate the app with a passion as the app requires bluetooth to work. Bt unlike gps drains battery significantly. I was setting up the app and realized need to on bt I immediately delete the app. No way I'm using my phone for trace together.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1