COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

3 hours ago, Didu said:

As long as two countries daily infection rate is comparable and low. And more importantly, the cases are isolated from rest of the population, it is technically possible to form a travel bubble in between.

That's what I thought too.

3 hours ago, Didu said:

Why are they not forming a bubble? No travel demand? No trust? Have more important things to deal with?

Good question - trust is definitely a key element. I think they prioritise their own public health (or certainly its perception) before literally *anything* else. Also many of these are either insular island economies, used to figthing 100% for themselves or largely self-sufficient. (China, Australia)

Both TW & NZ have taken an extreme zero risk hardline approach, even accepting a decimation of entire sectors of their local economy, before considering any easing in border control.

The risk upside is just not worth it to these nations.

So I think they'll continue closing up until a vaccine is rolled out.

We're all in for a long ride..

Edited by CremornePt
↡ Advertisement

Some bros may not like it..but if it were up to me..i rather maintain the status quo..and not go to phase 3..thats just me..

All that illusory air bubble with other countries PLUS all those incoming FT imported cases....we dun need them as well..please..do the right thing ministars....now is not the time to let in a Trojan horse..

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Some bros may not like it..but if it were up to me..i rather maintain the status quo..and not go to phase 3..thats just me..

All that illusory air bubble with other countries PLUS all those incoming FT imported cases....we dun need them as well..please..do the right thing ministars....now is not the time to let in a Trojan horse..

Forget about imported cases, they are irrelevant as all go 14-days SHN on arrival and there is a strong mix of SG/PR/LTP with a few specials such as marine crew.

Good gesture for the bus driver to keep some spare face mask and offer to people who need it. [thumbsup] Sometimes not only forgot to wear mask, but the mask string might broke when we take it out and wear it back again. I have experience this few times before liao. 

• Praise 1

Next year's CNY bazaar in Chinatown called off

There will be no Chinese New Year bazaar in Chinatown next year due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The decision to do without the bazaar for the first time in its history came as a result of concerns over crowd control, said the organisers.

The Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens' Consultative Committee also told Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao that the organisers had considered other solutions but faced uncertainties over when phase three of Singapore's reopening will begin.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/next-years-cny-bazaar-in-chinatown-called-off

any impact on bak kwa price ? 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:05 PM, CremornePt said:

That's what I thought too.

Good question - trust is definitely a key element. I think they prioritise their own public health (or certainly its perception) before literally *anything* else. Also many of these are either insular island economies, used to figthing 100% for themselves or largely self-sufficient. (China, Australia)

Both TW & NZ have taken an extreme zero risk hardline approach, even accepting a decimation of entire sectors of their local economy, before considering any easing in border control.

The risk upside is just not worth it to these nations.

So I think they'll continue closing up until a vaccine is rolled out.

We're all in for a long ride..

TW managed to avoid a recession, by the way. Whatever actions they took didn't harm them much.

• Praise 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:04 PM, Sosaria said:

Now those temporary stalls that set up around morning market areas are back, congesting the crowd further - nowadays, almost back to normal already, where's the distancing? SDA also hardly seen.

Enforcement and compliance these days are concentrated in malls and govt buildings only. Even some shops have neglected to check safe-entry scanning to the point of not mentioning it anymore.

Ok .. explain to me on train don’t need social distance but everything else needs .. because when train in motion, chance of u brushing to another person is higher as well as the tracking of who you come into contact with

I am not resisting the idea .. just that wondering should we move towards less stringent rules ?

Edited by Sdf4786k

7 hours ago, Blueray said:

Next year's CNY bazaar in Chinatown called off

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/next-years-cny-bazaar-in-chinatown-called-off

any impact on bak kwa price ? 

I believe cancellation is the wrong step.

With us having gone more than two weeks without local transmission, I would sooner the government release local restrictions on us and keep tight control of borders RATHER than what I think their plan is, to keep a level of restriction on us and open borders more.

NZ and Oz tighten and release local restrictions, now removing mask mandates for example, whilst keep control of their border.

Their citizens can enjoy life as normal, though without much international travel. Obviously, the government is looking at the hotel/airline/tourist industry here and the need to open up but I'm getting bored of restrictions and it feels a little unfair to keep them tightened down when we have all worked hard to get where we are now.

How long more of no local transmissions will it be until we see anti-lockdown comments here, mirroring those of US and EU?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

phase 3! phase 3! phase 3! [bounce2] [bounce2]

Get everyone download TT first before talk about phase 3. 

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1