COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

46 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I hope the S$200/test before departure does mean on only those that must go, do go.

I think it's safe to assume the HK-SG ATB won't be anywhere near pre-covid visitor numbers.

1. Some people are reluctant or outright scared of pandemic airplane travel & will refrain from travel.

2. HK is not an escape from the pandemic; life there is just as restricted as here - masks mandatory, even more strict group size limits (4 people max), nightlife curfews etc.

3. Not a good time for discretionary spending; also airfares to HK are already shooting up & with several rounds of testing involved for roundtrip travel, it quickly adds up for a family of 3-4.

I suspect business & close family travel are the main beneficiaries.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

I think it's safe to assume the HK-SG ATB won't be anywhere near pre-covid visitor numbers.

1. Some people are reluctant or outright scared of pandemic airplane travel & will refrain from travel.

2. HK is not an escape from the pandemic; life there is just as restricted as here - masks mandatory, even more strict group size limits (4 people max), nightlife curfews etc.

3. Not a good time for discretionary spending; also airfares to HK are already shooting up & with several rounds of testing involved for roundtrip travel, it quickly adds up for a family of 3-4.

I suspect business & close family travel are the main beneficiaries.

To the many rich tai tai i know, no problem lah.

52 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

Hong Kong is just too small to save our airlines and tourism. Like it or not, PRC is the only hope now. Huge population + covid free.

There was outbreak in QingDao

1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

Hong Kong is just too small to save our airlines and tourism. Like it or not, PRC is the only hope now. Huge population + covid free.

Don't think they will stop with HK. This is just a start. A trial to kickstart aviation. 

Some revenue to cover cost is better than zero but you are right, HK won't be enough to save the many business dependent on tourism. 

Just now, Voodooman said:

Don't think they will stop with HK. This is just a start. A trial to kickstart aviation. 

Some revenue to cover cost is better than zero but you are right, HK won't be enough to save the many business dependent on tourism. 

HK is the starter dish to prove the concept works, China is the main course.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

HK is the starter dish to prove the concept works, China is the main course.

Yes but what is in it for China? 

Risking 1,400m for 5m? 🤔 Global leadership? 

• Haha! 1

On 10/15/2020 at 2:49 PM, inlinesix said:

Michael Matthews retests negative for coronavirus after leaving Giro d’Italia

The Australian's initial positive may have been a false positive

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/giro-ditalia/michael-matthews-retests-negative-for-coronavirus-after-leaving-giro-ditalia-472670

Test 1: Positive

Test 2: Negative

Test 3: Waiting?????

Test 3: Negative

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

MAI TU LIAO !

2020-10-16_211436.jpg

I checked Cathy Pacific following above dates. Price about the same. :lll._.:

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Yes but what is in it for China? 

Risking 1,400m for 5m? 🤔 Global leadership? 

We can drop our pants unilaterally and hope the shaft comes.... as we have done with NZ and Taiwan.

• Haha! 2

On 10/15/2020 at 9:03 AM, Jman888 said:

after 6 months, depression and anxiety will slowly creep in, it is real.

Depend on stay where and got who

if stay in nz big country side vs hdb 4 room, I think stay city one more prone to Kee siao

if stay alone is nz big country side vs hdb 4 room with a sex hungry harem, I think nz one will Kee siao but the city one will 精尽人亡 :XD:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Mustank said:

Depend on stay where and got who

if stay in nz big country side vs hdb 4 room, I think stay city one more prone to Kee siao

if stay alone is nz big country side vs hdb 4 room with a sex hungry harem, I think nz one will Kee siao but the city one will 精尽人亡 :XD:

More than 80% population in SG stay in HDB. No wonder our PM so concern about our mental health. 😵

Please ask Air force to stop flying overhead. It's not helping. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Obese folk at higher risk of dying from Covid-19

The main reason obese patients have a higher risk of getting Covid-19 and becoming severely ill with it is because the coronavirus has an affinity for ACE2 receptors, which are also present in fat.

ACE2 is a protein on the surface of many cell types that acts as a receptor for the coronavirus to get into cells.

So, the more fat one has, the more ACE2 receptors he will have. Obese patients thus end up with a higher viral load.

The excess fat also leads to decreased movement of respiratory muscles, such as the diaphragm and thus, when obese persons contract the respiratory virus, they have an increased risk of developing complications that require intensive care.

Another thing is that obese patients also have other co-morbidities, mainly diabetes, though it can be hypertension, asthma, lung and heart disease. These conditions add to their chronic inflammatory state, giving them an exaggerated response and worse outcome.

People with diabetes are generally at increased risk of infections, including influenza and bacterial pneumonia, as their immunity weakens if their blood sugar levels are not well controlled.

If these people are also obese, their immunity is likely further weakened, hence putting them at higher risk of becoming more ill with Covid-19 when infected.

Obesity and diabetes very often result from - or are made worse by - poor lifestyle choices, including poor health choices, smoking and a sedentary lifestyle.

These factors on their own already contribute to an increased risk of infection.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/obese-folk-at-higher-risk-of-dying-from-covid-19

Supercharged
On 10/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, Didu said:

RGL between SG & Indo going ahead

Singapore, Indonesia agree to launch green lane for essential business and official travel

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-indonesia-reciprocal-green-lane-business-travel-13260686

Looks like Batam is 1st in the the country getting ready to welcome SG visitors.

Batam prepares to welcome essential travellers from Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/batam-prepares-to-welcome-essential-travellers-from-singapore

↡ Advertisement