COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

16 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

This is implementation without thinking of the repercussions....foolish.

Similar to how bolehland implement the VEP for foreign vehicles.

Yet we mocked at them.

Just do it the same way we handled the VEP. Die die don't register and don't collect.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Just do it the same way we handled the VEP. Die die don't register and don't collect.

This one different leh. This one is people want collect but they can’t cope.

28 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

This one different leh. This one is people want collect but they can’t cope.

exactly. that's the problem. VEP they cannot implement cuz no one sign up to collect.

If everyone does the same for this stupid TT then same thing will happen.

Singapore, Hong Kong travel bubble expected to launch in November

THE planned air travel bubble between Singapore and Hong Kong may start next month, the Republic's Minister for Transport Ong Ye Kung said in response to queries from The Business Times (BT).

SCMP on Tuesday reported Hong Kong chief executive Carrie Lam as saying that the bubble is expected to launch in November.

Mr Ong told BT on Wednesday that discussions on the arrangement "have indeed been going well, and we share the assessment of (Ms Lam)".

The ministry hopes to be able to share the launch date and other implementation details soon, Mr Ong added.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/singapore-hong-kong-travel-bubble-expected-to-launch-in-november

8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Yet we mocked at them.

They announced long time ago - but honestly both the TT app  and token are CMI and no ones wants

Realizing that their brilliant idea has no takers, they start the scare tactics... no TT cannot go anywhere. only can walk on the road.

Now stampede to get...... obviously lah

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

They announced long time ago - but honestly both the TT app  and token are CMI and no ones wants

Realizing that their brilliant idea has no takers, they start the scare tactics... no TT cannot go anywhere. only can walk on the road.

Now stampede to get...... obviously lah

I collected on Day 1 it was available. I carry it around even when I am jogging or cycling 

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

High chance token not enough to cater people go all over the CC to collect?! So now they need to do stock take today and check their current stock status?!

I think it is a combination of many factors.. One of the major factor could be at certain cc super long queue and that cc token no stock and then another cc queue not very long and still have many token. So end up government decides to go one by one cc. 

The thing is that last time when government give out goodies, device and etc or that end up is composury.. What will government do? Government will mail it to all individuals home right? Then government realised that many people don't appreciate it and received feedback that some of them just throw these goodies away or what, some even said they don't want it but still received it in mailbox anyway. So government tu lan, so nowadays end up ownself go collect if want. Like starting from the mask collection thingy, government felt its a success coz people want they could go collect, people don't want they do not need to go collect. This is way better then mail to all household and then end up some want some don't want, some throw away and etc.. 

However, I think government should take a step back and calm down and have big heart for things like if that device end up composury need to use and outside shop do not sell, that device only can get from government. That one I feel government should still mail it to all household so that all of the people in the household all get the device. This is be it people can choose to use TraceTogether app instead of token. Coz it is a nationwide thing, so there should not be the case of government that get affected by these people who throw away the goodies in the past and etc, and need to treat it as everyone as equal. 

Edited by Yewheng

9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Yet we mocked at them.

MY had years to plan and implement VEP, i would be more forgiving with Covid related exercises involving millions of people.  

This TT token exercise likely involves a lot more coordination at the back end. I think the logistics would have been better if the timeline is not so compressed. We are definitely in a hurry to open up, to save the economy and jobs. 

I think with the TT token and ramping up of our testing capacity, we now have a better chance to keep this disease under control till the vaccine arrives on our shore next year.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

MY had years to plan and implement VEP, i would be more forgiving with Covid related exercises involving millions of people.  

This TT token exercise likely involves a lot more coordination at the back end. I think the logistics would have been better if the timeline is not so compressed. We are definitely in a hurry to open up, to save the economy and jobs. 

I think with the TT token and ramping up of our testing capacity, we now have a better chance to keep this disease under control till the vaccine arrives on our shore next year.

But the TT token exercise started since June as mentioned by david, not recently.

My point is once they said it’s MANDATORY (even though they said it’s mandatory by Dec), many KCS will cheong down to collect. I’m surprised they didn’t know many Singaporeans are like that. 

Then when they can’t cope with the demand, tell people can only collect within own constituency, will only be implemented when everyone has collected, go constituency by constituency, today no collection, etc.

Make sure the resources are ready before shoving the damn TT token down our throat la.

One more thing I can predict, I saw that the V2 of the token is slimmer and smaller. Guess what some of our fellow Singaporeans who has collected will do? They will said they lost it and want a replacement since govt said the first replacement is FREE. Waste of money isn’t it?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

But the TT token exercise started since June as mentioned by david, not recently.

My point is once they said it’s MANDATORY (even though they said it’s mandatory by Dec), many KCS will cheong down to collect. I’m surprised they didn’t know many Singaporeans are like that. 

Then when they can’t cope with the demand, tell people can only collect within own constituency, will only be implemented when everyone has collected, go constituency by constituency, today no collection, etc.

Make sure the resources are ready before shoving the damn TT token down our throat la.

One more thing I can predict, I saw that the V2 of the token is slimmer and smaller. Guess what some of our fellow Singaporeans who has collected will do? They will said they lost it and want a replacement since govt said the first replacement is FREE. Waste of money isn’t it?

TT Token is distributed since Sept 24.

Started in Jln Besar and Tg Pagar.

For Ver 2, it might be slightly slimmer unless battery life is sacrificed 

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

TT Token is distributed since Sept 24.

Started in Jln Besar and Tg Pagar.

For Ver 2, it might be slightly slimmer unless battery life is sacrificed 

Eh, you didn't collect in June? 

Confirmed slimmer lor, I saw the news liao. Got different colour too. 

Nowadays the community cases so low, is it really necessary to make this mandatory? 

https://theindependent.sg/making-tracetogether-mandatory-seems-to-contradict-vivian-balakrishnans-pre-election-assurances/

On 5 June, Dr Balakrishnan announced in Parliament that the Government was exploring the use of wearable devices for contact tracing amid the COVID-19 pandemic and is considering rolling out the device – called the TraceTogether token – out to all Singapore residents soon.

The announcement led to widespread concerns about the invasion of privacy, the right to personal space and the freedom of movement. One online petition condemning the implementation of such plans that was created on the day Dr Balakrishnan spoke in Parliament drew a hefty 35,000 signatures in just a few days.

The backlash against the Government’s plans was so severe that Dr Balakrishnan announced just days later that the government is not planning to make it mandatory for residents in Singapore to use the TraceTogether token.

At a press conference held on 8 June, the minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation Programme Office initiative said that the use of the tokens should be based on a “spirit of trust, openness, and compassion” as well as “mutual responsibility”.

He promised: “When you’re controlling a pandemic like this, there are many aspects of it you cannot legislate. You can have rules, you can pass laws, you can enforce it. The majority will comply with both the spirit and the letter of the law. And unfortunately, a minority sometimes will try to find loopholes.”

“I’m going to do my best to try to push the participation rates up without having to go down the mandatory route.”

Edited by Fcw75

16 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Eh, you didn't collect in June? 

Confirmed slimmer lor, I saw the news liao. Got different colour too. 

Nowadays the community cases so low, is it really necessary to make this mandatory? 

https://theindependent.sg/making-tracetogether-mandatory-seems-to-contradict-vivian-balakrishnans-pre-election-assurances/

On 5 June, Dr Balakrishnan announced in Parliament that the Government was exploring the use of wearable devices for contact tracing amid the COVID-19 pandemic and is considering rolling out the device – called the TraceTogether token – out to all Singapore residents soon.

The announcement led to widespread concerns about the invasion of privacy, the right to personal space and the freedom of movement. One online petition condemning the implementation of such plans that was created on the day Dr Balakrishnan spoke in Parliament drew a hefty 35,000 signatures in just a few days.

The backlash against the Government’s plans was so severe that Dr Balakrishnan announced just days later that the government is not planning to make it mandatory for residents in Singapore to use the TraceTogether token.

At a press conference held on 8 June, the minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation Programme Office initiative said that the use of the tokens should be based on a “spirit of trust, openness, and compassion” as well as “mutual responsibility”.

He promised: “When you’re controlling a pandemic like this, there are many aspects of it you cannot legislate. You can have rules, you can pass laws, you can enforce it. The majority will comply with both the spirit and the letter of the law. And unfortunately, a minority sometimes will try to find loopholes.”

“I’m going to do my best to try to push the participation rates up without having to go down the mandatory route.”

The distribution only started since Sept 14 (correction to my earlier post)

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/explainer-how-tracetogether-token-works-where-collect-it
It is already stated then that TT token/app compulsory in December 

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Maybe that is why they are giving the fatter and bigger token to oldies like IL6?  He keeps in his bag, so it does not bother him that much.  I wear tight straight cut jeans, confirm must wait for version 2. Wahaha....

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Maybe that is why they are giving the fatter and bigger token to oldies like IL6?  He keeps in his bag, so it does not bother him that much.  I wear tight straight cut jeans, confirm must wait for version 2. Wahaha....

Yah man. Don't want to have TWO bulging things when I wear jeans. :XD:

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Yah man. Don't want to have TWO bulging things when I wear jeans. :XD:

I don't know about you guys, but having little bulging from my jeans doesn't seem such a bad thing at my age. 😂

Might get some XMM to 😲:wub: if I'm lucky. Ha ha ha....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

That's why it is good idea to buy 

https://www.zara.com/sg/en/soft-leather-tote-bag-p13307620.html?v1=54835857&v2=1547064 

Other than hand sanitizer & phone, nothing in my pocket