COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

10 hours ago, Kyrios said:

For those heroes going hong kong, try not bring back the virus will ya..and to our scholars rushing into this arrangement, kindly take note..

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-sees-new-wave-of-coronavirus-cases-more-students-asked-to-stay-home

Why does SG not impose PCR testing on incoming from HK inside Changi Airport?

HK has airport testing on incoming from SG bubble.

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Tohto said:

Return from Malaysia will need SHN from 22 Nov. Including RGL.

That last part is a major deterrent - Singapore-Malaysia essential business travel will likely disappear almost completely. Not good.

Edited by CremornePt

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Why does SG not impose PCR testing on incoming from HK inside Changi Airport?

HK has airport testing on incoming from SG bubble.

HKG has rapid testing taking 20-30min for results, something like that but not long anyway.

Changi still has PCR where results take a day or two.

• Shocked 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/dont-get-hung-up-over-when-phase-3-will-happen

"But he also set out three key conditions " ...

"Participation in the TraceTogether programme - the other key plank of reopening - is, however, still hovering around 50 per cent, some way from the 75 per cent needed for effective contact tracing."

"Singaporeans have already been warned to be mentally prepared that the number of community cases will rise - possibly up to the 30s - when measures are eased further."

We keep seeing this one from the government - get TT participation rate from 50% to 75%  and we can control CV-19 tactically, even with eased measures.

I don't believe for a second that's possible.

It's an illusion of control.

Tracking tools work after-the-fact, and won't "stop" an infection as such.

All it takes is a couple of fumbled situations (humans & circumstances can't be controlled!) & suddenly we've gone from 30 daily infections to 100 in a couple of days.

In the long run, we can't allow a constant number of infections to roam in the community & hope to balance with more effective tools.

We need to keep our current approach of near-elimination at source. It's taken us 7 months to get here.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

That last part is a major deterrent - Singapore-Malaysia essential business travel will likely disappear almost completely. Not good.

Yah. In the process of planning for my engineer to visit Penang. Now straight away call it a stop.

6 hours ago, CremornePt said:

Singapore-H.K. Bubble to Proceed; U.S. Hits Record: Virus Update 
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-20/california-hits-record-toronto-locks-down-again-virus-update

Going ahead, with winter coming and most people having let down their guard (complacency is our greatest enemy), if not managed properly, we can start another wave. 

Don't know about others, but i think we should push it back for 2 weeks and monitor. With HK cases still spiking, we don't have a handle on the risk we are taking. More jobs will be at risk than just aviation jobs. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-20/california-hits-record-toronto-locks-down-again-virus-update

Going ahead, with winter coming and most people having let down their guard (complacency is our greatest enemy), if not managed properly, we can start another wave. 

Don't know about others, but i think we should push it back for 2 weeks and monitor. With HK cases still spiking, we don't have a handle on the risk we are taking. More jobs will be at risk than just aviation jobs. 

IMG_2079.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Should postpone the travel, even they mandatory of PCR testing also not 100% safe. Unless sg is prepared to welcome 2nd wave of covid, since so far 2nd or more wave of covid cases still havent happen here yet.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Should postpone the travel, even they mandatory of PCR testing also not 100% safe. Unless sg is prepared to welcome 2nd wave of covid, since so far 2nd or more wave of covid cases still havent happen here yet.

Agree. Testing without quarantine is a big risk. At least OYK is decisive enough to pull the plug. 

Edited by Voodooman

16 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Agree. Testing without quarantine is a big risk. At least OYK is decisive enough to pull the plug. 

because if there is community spread here ... OYK sure kena left right centre

just look at NZ ... 1 case in community = serious matter!

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Good that sg and hk both side agree and support to suspense the travel bubble 2 weeks later. Looks like such travel bubble not easy to take off. Even the first bubble travel also got cancelled last minute. Quite sad for airline who wanted to resume leisure traveling.

• Praise 2

While the SG-HK travel bubble may resume later on (or maybe not, if HK's 4th wave drags out, as they're approaching winter), it's setbacks like these which probably spells the end of any future bubbles being planned. Forget SG-TW or SG-China.

Very hard to pull off, even between countries with near zero infections.

(I'm sure Australia & NZ are watching us closely as well)

Previously even mainland China said they're in no hurry to open their own border to HK, until HK demonstrates complete elimination of local infections. China simply doesn't "need" the traffic & hence won't accept any risk.

Supercharged

As long as two countries daily infection rate is comparable and low. And more importantly, the cases are isolated from rest of the population, it is technically possible to form a travel bubble in between. Both sides need be agreeable to break off the bubble temporarily when unknown cases reached a predetermined level. Of course, the level of trust is important too. E.g. I say I have 1 case community, 5 cases imported. All isolated. Do you believe me? Do you trust my Covid-19 test results?

Both NZ and Taiwan have near zero cases. Why are they not forming a bubble? No travel demand? No trust? Have more important things to deal with? I guess there can be many reasons.

Edited by Didu

Domestic industries and sectors should be given priority to go back to normal first, test that risk first - before bearing the risk of reopening to foreign travel. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1