COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

Supercharged
15 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

HK and Japan free for citizens.

Free for us? Hahaha. Can use our medisave I also happy lo.

Our parliament has yet to raise this.  We cannot assume vaccination is free in SG too.

If govt decides vaccination is compulsory for everyone, and it is not able to absorb all vaccination cost, then I feel they should discuss about this in parliament on what portion of medisave should be used to cover the remaining not handled by govt subsidies.  

Many incomes have been impacted this year. I hope govt would not add burden to its people with vaccination cost.

current mRNA vaccine is the first of its kind. Theoretically, it should not have long-term side effects. But I won't risk myself to test it.  I don't think Sg should rush to get this vaccine as we have the covid under control now. Let AMDK risk-taker test it first 😜

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

I don't think Sg should rush to get this vaccine as we have the covid under control now.

The flip side of that argument is, that a vaccine would have saved the life of the 68 year old Singaporean who died of CV-19 five days ago.

3 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

The flip side of that argument is, that a vaccine would have saved the life of the 68 year old Singaporean who died of CV-19 five days ago.

i doubt so, there are already some cocktail for treating many positive case here and many has recovered. 

The 68 yrs old probably too old and had other illnesses.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

The 68 yrs old probably too old and had other illnesses.

You mean, he would be dead now, even if the vaccine had stopped his CV-19 infection in the first place?

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Our parliament has yet to raise this.  We cannot assume vaccination is free in SG too.

If govt decides vaccination is compulsory for everyone, and it is not able to absorb all vaccination cost, then I feel they should discuss about this in parliament on what portion of medisave should be used to cover the remaining not handled by govt subsidies.  

Many incomes have been impacted this year. I hope govt would not add burden to its people with vaccination cost.

The answer is quite simple.....

If we need to pay for the vaccine, sure there will be a lot of people that don't take. If the government then mandate the taking of the vaccine, then it must do for free........it is likely waiting for the Oxford one which I read in the UK should be somewhere around GBP2-3/dose. There is also no need to transport and store at -70-80degrees.

• Praise 1

I bet we'll see an announcement soon on free vaccines. It's in the national interest & the cost is peanuts in the big picture. 

In fact, expect the government to publically endorse & take the vaccines themselves.

Edited by CremornePt

Reset Day 0

b) Cases residing in dormitories: 1

There is 1 case residing in a dormitory today. Case 58443 is asymptomatic, and was detected through our proactive surveillance. His polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test yielded a very high Ct value, which is indicative of a low viral load. All his close contacts at the dormitory and his workplace have been isolated and placed on quarantine. 

c) Imported cases: 8

Amongst the 8 imported cases, 1 (Case 58454) is a Singaporean and 2 (Cases 58442 and 58453) are Singapore Permanent Residents who returned from the US. Another 2 (Cases 58449 and 58451) are Work Pass holders currently employed in Singapore who arrived from Nepal. The remaining cases include a Dependant’s Pass holder (Case 58450) who arrived from France, and 2 Short-Term Visit Pass holders (Cases 58444 and 58445) who arrived from Indonesia to visit their Singaporean family members and fiancé respectively. They had already been placed on SHN upon arrival in Singapore and were tested while serving SHN.

Eatery ordered shut for 20 days for hosting dinner for 75

Gemma Steakhouse at the National Gallery Singapore has been ordered to suspend operations for 20 days for holding a dinner for 75 guests on Oct 31 and not preventing them from mixing, in a flagrant violation of Covid-19 safe management measures, the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) said yesterday.

The Singapore Food Agency (SFA), which comes under the ministry, found a private members' club had worked with the restaurant to organise the Halloween-themed dinner. It was attended by club members and their guests.

Although the diners were seated at tables of up to five, closed-circuit television camera footage showed that they intermingled on multiple occasions and failed to wear masks even when they were not eating or drinking, MSE said. Footage also showed the restaurant staff did not take reasonable steps to prevent intermingling on their premises.

Details of the club and those involved were not given. The ministry said: "Investigations are continuing in respect of possible breaches by various parties."

Social gatherings of more than five persons are prohibited under Covid-19 regulations. Food and beverage outlets are also barred from accepting bookings from groups of more than five, even if they are split across tables. Intermingling between groups is not allowed.

SFA issued an order requiring the restaurant to close for 20 days from Thursday to Dec 22 for accepting a large group booking and for failing to take reasonable steps to prevent multiple instances of intermingling among diners.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/eatery-ordered-shut-for-20-days-for-hosting-dinner-for-75#:~:text=Subscribe now-,Gemma Steakhouse at the National Gallery Singapore has been ordered,Environment (MSE) said yesterday.

some 1 commented this

'2) All the covid-19 vaccines skipped the crucial phase IV trials to determine if there are long term side effects therefore NO ONE KNOWS.

😐

if u nothing wrong, and no wide spread in sg, do u really want to get a shot on purpose??

58 minutes ago, Beregond said:

some 1 commented this

'2) All the covid-19 vaccines skipped the crucial phase IV trials to determine if there are long term side effects therefore NO ONE KNOWS.

😐

if u nothing wrong, and no wide spread in sg, do u really want to get a shot on purpose??

I would wait lor ... 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I would wait lor ... 

Honestly, he is not so clever in blocking me.

I had said previously that current vaccine testing lacks in time to test its safety.

I will wait a year from the 1st person getting the shot.