COVID-19 SG: Start of Phase 2 from 19 June

Blueray

Message added by kobayashiGT

Churches & cinemas among places that are not allowed to reopen in Phase 2

Read more: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cinemas-bars-cannot-reopen-phase-2/

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I have never had a flu jab but this is a global pandemic, thousands are dying everyday.  Can't wait to get back to normalcy and protect loved ones around me, especially my aged parents.

I've taken flu vaccines every year for more than 10yrs and it's cut my instances more than 90%. I get me next one next week.

For the first time in decades, my parents also took a flu shot as both are on the upper side of 70's and, hopefully, can mean ruling out flu during any possible diagnosis procedures, cutting times to a resolution.

I encourage people to take, and medical services to provide, for free, immunisations necessary to reduce workloads on medical facilities and staff.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Wonder what’s holding you guys back from taking the flu shot?

Can protect you and can claim from Medisave somemore, no need pay any cash.

Edited by Fcw75

8 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Wonder what’s holding you guys back from taking the flu shot?

Can protect you and can claim from Medisave somemore, no need pay any cash.

In south korea alot died from flu shot. 

1. if the vaccine is not handled properly

2. not compatible 

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Why is SG still so conservative? 5 ppl rule is absurd..

Because this virus killed 1.5m people globally in 9 months?

Because when people gather at home/indoor/restaurants, they don't put on masks?

Because we can't afford to spend another 100bn to help business and workers if we are forced to go into another lockdown again?

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

2. not compatible 

Have been getting it for years bro.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

2. not compatible 

I believe flu jab in sg is safe.

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Why is SG still so conservative?

One reason ONLY:

The government assesment (which is probably right) is, that if restrictions are eased & needs to be reimposed later on, people will be reluctant to comply with stricter regulations 2nd time around. And then we'll blame the government for being soft, thus losing their legitimacy.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/pap-conference-covid-19-also-a-political-challenge-critical-to-maintain-public

LHL: "Infections spiked again, and the countries had to lock down once more. But by then, people had become tired and cynical about the restrictions, causing them to turn against their governments and blame their leaders for bad outcomes."

So they'd rather keep the strict regulations on ALL the time. In effect we're forcing them to be conservative. Isn't that how it's always been?

Even in phase 3, they're speculating group size of max 8.

The question though is how long one can keep going this way anyway. Max 8 people for another 2-3 years? Sooner or later fatigue will set in, if it hasn't already.

Interestingly, Melbourne, who suffered a total nightmare of two 1½ + 3½ mths lockdowns, has already eased up. Outdoor (with 1½m social distancing) & in-office face masks gone. I do believe they've introduced mandatory QR codes, so contact tracing should be more efficient.

Also Australia has general & free CV-19 testing - here we still need to pay.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the vaccine will shortcut the fatigue. One thing's for sure, we're not gonna eliminate CV-19 with a TT app. 😀

Edited by CremornePt

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Why is SG still so conservative? 5 ppl rule is absurd..

May be in AMDK country is conservative.  It is absolutely not conservative at all.

Yesterday, I went to my fav place for dinner and sunset view.

There was a long q of at least 10 person.

To me, that's overcrowding.

That place was always low crowd prior to COVID19.

Phase 3 unlikely by end of year unless more use TraceTogether, experts say

So far, around 2.9 million people have downloaded the app or collected the token, the Smart Nation and Digital Government Office said. With a total population of 5.7 million, the uptake of TraceTogether is 50.8 per cent, a far cry from the 70 per cent target.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/phase-3-unlikely-by-end-of-year-unless-more-use-tracetogether-experts

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

One reason ONLY:

The government assesment (which is probably right) is, that if restrictions are eased & needs to be reimposed later on, people will be reluctant to comply with stricter regulations 2nd time around. And then we'll blame the government for being soft, thus losing their legitimacy.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/pap-conference-covid-19-also-a-political-challenge-critical-to-maintain-public

LHL: "Infections spiked again, and the countries had to lock down once more. But by then, people had become tired and cynical about the restrictions, causing them to turn against their governments and blame their leaders for bad outcomes."

So they'd rather keep the strict regulations on ALL the time. In effect we're forcing them to be conservative. Isn't that how it's always been?

Even in phase 3, they're speculating group size of max 8.

The question though is how long one can keep going this way anyway. Max 8 people for another 2-3 years? Sooner or later fatigue will set in, if it hasn't already.

Interestingly, Melbourne, who suffered a total nightmare of two 1½ + 3½ mths lockdowns, has already eased up. Outdoor (with 1½m social distancing) & in-office face masks gone. I do believe they've introduced mandatory QR codes, so contact tracing should be more efficient.

Also Australia has general & free CV-19 testing - here we still need to pay.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the vaccine will shortcut the fatigue.

Summer is going to Southern Hemisphere.

Based on experience in Europe, we could be looking at another big outbreak in Aussie land.

Edited by inlinesix

18 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Based on experience in Europe, we could be looking at another big outdoor in Aussie land.

True!

20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

F&B has recovered with a vengeance (in certain places) - it's the only place people can now properly relax and enjoy themselves in public, since everything else is either shut down (travel & large events) or restricted in various ways. (like wearing a face mask in Botanical Garden for 2 hrs at 30 degs)

Edited by CremornePt

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Have been getting it for years bro.

Yeah actually its safe

and flu shot normally given during winter season as alot travelers from europe and america to sg spread the flu. 

but i think for now no need bah since not much travelers nowadays

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

May be in AMDK country is conservative.  It is absolutely not conservative at all.

Here 0 community cases for >38 days, can gather 100 pax outside, 30 into your own home.. no need to wear mask outside...

Summer is going to Southern Hemisphere.

Based on experience in Europe, we could be looking at another big outbreak in Aussie land.

Just went through 2nd wave.. hope it doesn't happen again..

6 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Here 0 community cases for >38 days, can gather 100 pax outside, 30 into your own home.. no need to wear mask outside...

These are telltale sign of ticking time bomb

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

These are telltale sign of ticking time bomb

WA had this for 7-8 months and nothing happened.. NSW been doing it for few months also.. only VIC just started opening up.. so if it happens, it would already have...

• Praise 1

This is also sign that ppl are losing their motivation to adhere to the rules..

The longer we're subject to restrictions but have low cases, the more people will struggle to stay motivated to follow the rules. Moving to phase three will be a demonstration that everyone's sacrifices have been worth it to make progress back to normalcy."

↡ Advertisement