CDC Driving Lessons resume

RickyWee

https://mothership.sg/2020/06/cdc-driving-lesson-plastic-partition/

image.png.7a95277fb2cc9fb02036c0e711fc4344.png

Good news: Driving lessons at the ComforDelGro Driving Centre (CDC) will be resuming some time during Phase 2, which will kick in on June 19.

Although no specific date of when lessons can resume was revealed in ComfortDelGro's press release, CDC's CEO Lim Tien Hock said they are looking forward to resuming operations once the green light is given.

To ensure learner drivers feel safe during their lessons, CDC will be implementing some precautionary measures as well.

Instructor Coaching Shield

All 163 of the centre's training cars in the fleet will be outfitted with an "Instructor Coaching Shield".

This shield is a soft plastic partition 0.8mm thick that will stretch from the roof of the vehicle and act as barrier between the two front seats.

It is about 80cm wide and 80cm long.

image.thumb.png.171c58187121b6e336af0058829d9cd7.png

image.thumb.png.20ef1fbc391787b877954b3d0067171f.png

However, to ensure that the driving instructor is still able to reach over to the steering wheel or handbrake to guide the learner, the shield will not extend all the way to the front of a dashboard.

The shield will also not obstruct the learner's or instructor's view of the side mirrors.

This measure is an "added level of assurance" and to ensure learners are comfortable being in a confined space with the instructor during this period.

Masks required during lessons

Both instructors and learners are required to don masks during their practical lessons as well, while instructors will need to wear googles and wind down the windows too.

Comfort DelGro added that the training cars, including the shield, will be disinfected after each lesson.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
38 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I think more here have licence lah.

ya but i guess most like me kids at the age of getting license?

My daughter "wasted" 2 months for her driving license..

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I thought most of these private instructor cars are modified with a foot brake at the front pax foot well?

My learning car was.

Supercharged
4 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Does the corona virus travel in only one direction when airborne? 😂 🤣

All these to reduce chances unless both wearing gas mask

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I thought most of these private instructor cars are modified with a foot brake at the front pax foot well?

My learning car was.

Ya cdc cars all have but I think u need to control the steering oso in case emergency like lane change, uturn scenarios 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

All the best for those who is about to complete the driving lesson or already booked for test date and then all get cancelled due to circuit breaker. Hope you guys able to pass it. When singing up for driving lesson, there is this learning license that can only last 1 or 2 year and after that need to renew right? Do they get to extend the learning license for additional 2 months due to the circuit breaker? 

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

My learning car was.

Not only private instructor, only learning car have it.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

All the best for those who is about to complete the driving lesson or already booked for test date and then all get cancelled due to circuit breaker. Hope you guys able to pass it. When singing up for driving lesson, there is this learning license that can only last 1 or 2 year and after that need to renew right? Do they get to extend the learning license for additional 2 months due to the circuit breaker? 

Stop for 2 months plus, dont know those people in the process of learning driving still can remember and used to operating the car?! 

Any info on the driving test opening application dat. As been booked and auto cancel by this covid period.

↡ Advertisement